Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Gamebreaking behaviour within hardmode flashpoints

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Gamebreaking behaviour within hardmode flashpoints

Zamppa's Avatar


Zamppa
12.24.2012 , 12:52 AM | #191
Quote: Originally Posted by Twolightsabers View Post
And your story is just as cool... Again, point is there's a large community of people who don't think they should disappear and said community aren't jerks just because some people don't get what they want. Do the full FP, skip most of it, idc; but when people QQ that others are a-holes because they don't agree, then it's an issue. As is suggesting that the game be altered to give one group their specific desire. Bottom line is if you pug, you get what you get. I don't want to do the whole thing for the 114th time, so I don't. If that pisses some people off, then that's unfortunate, but I don't start QQ threads about how people are "anti-social" because they don't agree, which is how this whole thing started. We can agree to disagree about how FPs should be run, but I strongly oppose fixing FPs to require mandatory all-boss kills.
Why do you pay for playing the game and play it if it pisses you off that much? I have done every single FP of the game atleast 30 times during the year the game has been out and I still like doing them, even without skipping anything. Yesterday I did my daily HM on Kaon with some columi geared people and we practically did everything minus the bonus boss. The run took around 1 hour and even though I have done the said FP dozens of times it was still very fun to play the game as it was intended.
"What can you say - I'm a talented individual"
- Revan to Bastila on Taris

grallmate's Avatar


grallmate
12.24.2012 , 01:48 AM | #192
Quote: Originally Posted by Zamppa View Post
Why do you pay for playing the game and play it if it pisses you off that much? I have done every single FP of the game atleast 30 times during the year the game has been out and I still like doing them, even without skipping anything. Yesterday I did my daily HM on Kaon with some columi geared people and we practically did everything minus the bonus boss. The run took around 1 hour and even though I have done the said FP dozens of times it was still very fun to play the game as it was intended.
You can't skip the bosses in Kaon, so really all you did different was to kill trash you would normally skip, which coincidentally unlocks the bonus boss that you skipped. Pretty much, you wasted your time on trash that drops the occasional piece of green gear you can sell. If you enjoyed it, awesome, but that's not the crux of the argument here.

If on the other hand, you are just talking about the bosses your point is invalid since those can't be skipped anyway. Part of the reason I love pulling Kaon on my new 50s. There are plenty of FPs where I have to fight everything and when those come up, I do so.
The Kae-Sare Legacy - The Harbinger
<Vindication> <Retribution>

Gralleh Grall'eh Khyar
Gralleh's Guide to Guardian Tanking [UPDATED for 2.0]

Zamppa's Avatar


Zamppa
12.24.2012 , 01:52 AM | #193
Quote: Originally Posted by grallmate View Post
You can't skip the bosses in Kaon, so really all you did different was to kill trash you would normally skip, which coincidentally unlocks the bonus boss that you skipped. Pretty much, you wasted your time on trash that drops the occasional piece of green gear you can sell. If you enjoyed it, awesome, but that's not the crux of the argument here.

If on the other hand, you are just talking about the bosses your point is invalid since those can't be skipped anyway. Part of the reason I love pulling Kaon on my new 50s. There are plenty of FPs where I have to fight everything and when those come up, I do so.
Yep, it was lots of fun because instead of going "platform jumping" to skip few groups of thrash or running through a building to skip some of them we just cced the irritating mercenaries, killed others and the mercs last and moved on. It was such fun to use my char's abilities again after some time instead of running and jumping like in Mario or Mega Man games
"What can you say - I'm a talented individual"
- Revan to Bastila on Taris

Ephesia's Avatar


Ephesia
12.24.2012 , 03:53 AM | #194
Quote: Originally Posted by pan_sObak View Post
but usually there are no good sides

those selfish experienced people en mass do not bother explaining anything about tactics and hints
just crying skip the trash, skip the miniboss, skip the dialogues

last week we have such an experienced healer crying for our tank "NOOB!" and "*** HEAD" all the way through HM Flash
and when i said him better help and explain the tactics he just said "WHY I SHOULD!?"

with overgeared and bored experienced player there are less chances to learn how to fight proper way - because he runs through flash like a hot steel through butter and even when he do not skip content you can do a lot of mistakes and it does not matter and you do not see it and you learn nothing.
You just refuse to look at it in a more positive way by making negative examples and presenting them as if everyone who is overgeared is behaving similarly en masse, this is not true.

With the overgeared people the lower geared people are able to obtain gear - and basic experience - not to mention save time in their runs. Even if some bosses are skipped which is really a usual phenomenon in only 2 flashpoints in the game, the rewards of playing with these people in the long run should also be considered. Of course playing with a guy who is always cussing as is in your example is not a good experience but this is certainly not always the case, which in that case I can recommend you to ignore the ******es and move on

Do not make dramatic exaggerations about a problem that is not as big as you try to portray, it is not doing a lot of people justice.
Ephesia, Level 55 Jedi Guardian
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Member of Catalyst

Sakushi's Avatar


Sakushi
12.24.2012 , 04:43 AM | #195
Quote: Originally Posted by Icestar View Post
There has always been some kind of mobskipping in either small or large scale in flashpoints but the latest trend is simply wrong.

It seems that teams doing flashpoints skip some of the bosses and have no respect for the ones that are signing up to get better gear.

Please respect the players that join flashpoints with groupfinder to gear up, it is enough to wait for ages for them to pop.

Alternatively Bioware could make the flashpoint not complete unless all bosses are dead (the way it should be)

Thoughts?

Is it fair to ignore players in the team that needs gear and steamroll through the flashpoint not listening at all?
I agree Its pretty dam sad that Mob skipping seems to be the latest trend going on.
Why do people ask for more flashpoints/Content when all they do is skip mobs, All the mobs that are skippable they skip.

and all the excuses that i see is "I don't want to do it, because ive done it 100's of times".

1.So you find more enjoyment running past mobs?
Where do you get your enjoyment?
Whats the payoff? the Rare item from the bosses...?
So you get your rare item from bosses only to do more FP's to skip more mobs and bosses..

2. Ive seen people Rage-quit after a member of the group pulls an enemy 3 times.
Now when I see an over-geared player that are in my group from GFinder, doesnt matter if they're healer DPS or a tank, Those are the type of players that I look out for because they're the first ones to say "Spacebar, Spacebar!" and/or "we Skip!"

3. I even had to give away a purple item that was dropped from a boss once because the fully geared player moaned and whined about it, mind you that throughout the run he already did get 2 purple drops before hand, Maybe im too kind? lol

Flash-points should not be finished until enough mobs have been killed.
lvl 50 Consular [Tank]

Ephesia's Avatar


Ephesia
12.24.2012 , 04:54 AM | #196
Quote: Originally Posted by Sakushi View Post
I agree Its pretty dam sad that Mob skipping seems to be the latest trend going on.
Why do people ask for more flashpoints/Content when all they do is skip mobs, All the mobs that are skippable they skip.

and all the excuses that i see is "I don't want to do it, because ive done it 100's of times".

1.So you find more enjoyment running past mobs?
Where do you get your enjoyment?
Whats the payoff? the Rare item from the bosses...?
So you get your rare item from bosses only to do more FP's to skip more mobs and bosses..

2. Ive seen people Rage-quit after a member of the group pulls an enemy 3 times.
Now when I see an over-geared player that are in my group from GFinder, doesnt matter if they're healer DPS or a tank, Those are the type of players that I look out for because they're the first ones to say "Spacebar, Spacebar!" and/or "we Skip!"

3. I even had to give away a purple item that was dropped from a boss once because the fully geared player wanted it, mind you that throughout the run he already did get 2 purple drops before hand, Maybe im too kind? lol

Flash-points should not be finished until enough mobs have been killed.
The keyword here is how the content is challenging and what it rewards for it's challenge. The thing is nobody should possibly expect a person to still enjoy a content one has done a lot of times already. In time it will get repetitive, the person will master the tactics of the content and will look for ways to avoid it if he/she can. It is natural human behavior nothing so over the top or unacceptable.

The reason why people ask for more flashpoints is because they hope, naturally that the new ones will provide more and a new type of challenge.

And a mistake you seem to be making is that thinking people skip - reap rewards - and skip again on FP content only to do more FP's again in the future, in the same manner. This idea if flawed because also a very good reason people engage in this behavior is because they do not see Flashpoints in their sights as the content they are having fun with. Most of them are doing FP's merely to prepare themselves for the Operations they want to do quicker, this too, is natural and intended.
Ephesia, Level 55 Jedi Guardian
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Member of Catalyst

Sakushi's Avatar


Sakushi
12.24.2012 , 04:59 AM | #197
Quote: Originally Posted by Ephesia View Post
The keyword here is how the content is challenging and what it rewards for it's challenge. The thing is nobody should possibly expect a person to still enjoy a content one has done a lot of times already. In time it will get repetitive, the person will master the tactics of the content and will look for ways to avoid it if he/she can. It is natural human behavior nothing so over the top or unacceptable.

The reason why people ask for more flashpoints is because they hope, naturally that the new ones will provide more and a new type of challenge.

And a mistake you seem to be making is that thinking people skip - reap rewards - and skip again on FP content only to do more FP's again in the future, in the same manner. This idea if flawed because also a very good reason people engage in this behavior is because they do not see Flashpoints in their sights as the content they are having fun with. Most of them are doing FP's merely to prepare themselves for the Operations they want to do quicker, this too, is natural and intended.
There is No challenge if you skip all the way to the boss, End of!
lvl 50 Consular [Tank]

DMSL's Avatar


DMSL
12.24.2012 , 06:42 AM | #198
Quote: Originally Posted by grallmate View Post
Ask at the start. If they say no, drop group and requeue. Or ask in general for a group to do a full clear. I can tell you aren't a tank, so stop expecting the people that actually do the work in the FP to do more just for you. Go roll a tank and run FPs the way you want or stay as a DPS and suck it up princess.

Alternatively, you could just pull the bosses, then they have to kill them. But you'll probably get vote kicked for that.

Personally, I don't mind fighting skippable bosses but I'm not going to clear more trash than I need to. As such, no, I won't do the bonus boss. Still irks me every time we skip the last boss in T5 though....
So the DPS and healer just pick their noses while the tank does the hard work? Get real.

It's a GROUP thing and all contribute to get the job done, not just the tank.

I bet you didn't get all your bloody gear solo either....

FYI i have 4 level 50's and two of those (tank included) have been there for ages, i never ever was this selfish and i did do all the bosses if others needed the gear upgrade. If you can't be bothered to do the bosses find a guild group to skip everything. People que in LFG for one reason, GEAR UPGRADES and they don't get it due to people skipping half the instance.

This is not just a problem in this community but in the world overall, people are too selfish it disgusts me.

Ephesia's Avatar


Ephesia
12.24.2012 , 06:46 AM | #199
Quote: Originally Posted by Sakushi View Post
There is No challenge if you skip all the way to the boss, End of!
The only thing I can tell you as a response to this would be for you to check a dictionary for the meaning of "challenge". What may be challenging for you may not be challenging for others. I really can't make you feel emphaty if you don't have any.
Ephesia, Level 55 Jedi Guardian
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Member of Catalyst

Ephesia's Avatar


Ephesia
12.24.2012 , 06:48 AM | #200
Quote: Originally Posted by DMSL View Post
So the DPS and healer just pick their noses while the tank does the hard work? Get real.

It's a GROUP thing and all contribute to get the job done, not just the tank.

I bet you didn't get all your bloody gear solo either....

FYI i have 4 level 50's and two of those (tank included) have been there for ages, i never ever was this selfish and i did do all the bosses if others needed the gear upgrade. If you can't be bothered to do the bosses find a guild group to skip everything. People que in LFG for one reason, GEAR UPGRADES and they don't get it due to people skipping half the instance.

This is not just a problem in this community but in the world overall, people are too selfish it disgusts me.
You haven't really read what he wrote, did you, he did state that he wouldn't mind doing skippable bosses.
Ephesia, Level 55 Jedi Guardian
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Member of Catalyst