Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gamebreaking behaviour within hardmode flashpoints

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Gamebreaking behaviour within hardmode flashpoints

DMSL
12.23.2012 , 07:33 PM | #181
This thread is a good example why the community is messed up....selfish people all around.

Just kill the damn bosses that's what they are there for.

Also FYI not just the endboss drops Columi or comparable gear!

So there goes the "everyone already gets free tionese so we can skip everything" argument.

grallmate
12.23.2012 , 07:50 PM | #182
Quote: Originally Posted by DMSL View Post
This thread is a good example why the community is messed up....selfish people all around.

Just kill the damn bosses that's what they are there for.

Also FYI not just the endboss drops Columi or comparable gear!

So there goes the "everyone already gets free tionese so we can skip everything" argument.
Ask at the start. If they say no, drop group and requeue. Or ask in general for a group to do a full clear. I can tell you aren't a tank, so stop expecting the people that actually do the work in the FP to do more just for you. Go roll a tank and run FPs the way you want or stay as a DPS and suck it up princess.

Alternatively, you could just pull the bosses, then they have to kill them. But you'll probably get vote kicked for that.

Personally, I don't mind fighting skippable bosses but I'm not going to clear more trash than I need to. As such, no, I won't do the bonus boss. Still irks me every time we skip the last boss in T5 though....
The Kae-Sare Legacy - The Harbinger
<Vindication> <Retribution>

Gralleh Grall'eh Khyar
Gralleh's Guide to Guardian Tanking [UPDATED for 2.0]

Eurynamous
12.23.2012 , 08:35 PM | #183
Here's the thing, the runs are being steamrolled by people who are only there for the BH comms. They're over geared for the content and clear it in 20-30 minutes. Now this does cause an issue for those in fresh tionese and trying to get the next tier up, but it also does you a favour in getting you those BH and lower comms faster.

Incentive is the only way to make full flashpoint runs a possibility, but what do you offer operation level players who don't really need anything but the BH comms and pile of credits for completing it?
The Red Zone
Amadus Starcrusher
I will take your light, force you into darkness and give you true freedom and power

Ephesia
12.23.2012 , 09:40 PM | #184
Quote: Originally Posted by Sydexlic View Post
Here's how it is;

I don't like you, I don't want to like you, I will never like you. You're the "unwashed masses" to me. I want 1 thing and 1 thing only, to get my daily random fp 5 comms and **** there.

If I could always find 3 other willing guild mates to run it with, you would never see me in there, you'd be worse off for it too. I'm the guy who will carry you to certain victory, even though I'm a DPS. I'm the guy that could practically solo the place because I so far outgear the place I practically 2 shot anything in there and will often have more hitpoints than the tank.

You should be thankful I sometimes aren't able to get a full guild group to do this. You will sit back, you will enjoy the ride and you will be thankful for your easy 15 minute run and your guaranteed end boss loot and comms and most importantly, you will not ***** about it.
If only people could see the good sides of having experienced people "who had done that flashpoint xxx times" instead of just hating them for prefering to skip the bosses for the comms.
Ephesia, Level 55 Jedi Guardian
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Member of Catalyst

DarthScruffy
12.23.2012 , 11:06 PM | #185
Quote: Originally Posted by Eurynamous View Post
Here's the thing, the runs are being steamrolled by people who are only there for the BH comms. They're over geared for the content and clear it in 20-30 minutes. Now this does cause an issue for those in fresh tionese and trying to get the next tier up, but it also does you a favour in getting you those BH and lower comms faster.

Incentive is the only way to make full flashpoint runs a possibility, but what do you offer operation level players who don't really need anything but the BH comms and pile of credits for completing it?
Add 1 BH comm per boss at the end and 2 for the bonus boss.

Kitru
12.23.2012 , 11:15 PM | #186
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthScruffy View Post
Add 1 BH comm per boss at the end and 2 for the bonus boss.
Then you would be diluting the value of BH comms since people could just run the FPs constantly rather than only being able to get a limited number of BH comms per day. It makes people more likely to run then and kill the bosses, but it operates counter to the necessity to have the relevant resources limited to some extent.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

pan_sObak
12.23.2012 , 11:17 PM | #187
Quote: Originally Posted by Eurynamous View Post
what do you offer operation level players who don't really need anything but the BH comms and pile of credits for completing it?
may be they should run operations?
Tomb of Freedon Nadd, Pansobak Legacy
Merc 60, Jugg 60, Sorc 60, Sin 60, Op 60, Sage 60, Comm 60, Guns 55, Vang 60, Sent 60

Craft: Bio 500, Cyber 500, Art 500, Arm 500, Armor 500, Syth 500

pan_sObak
12.23.2012 , 11:35 PM | #188
Quote: Originally Posted by Ephesia View Post
If only people could see the good sides of having experienced people "who had done that flashpoint xxx times" instead of just hating them for prefering to skip the bosses for the comms.
but usually there are no good sides

those selfish experienced people en mass do not bother explaining anything about tactics and hints
just crying skip the trash, skip the miniboss, skip the dialogues

last week we have such an experienced healer crying for our tank "NOOB!" and "*** HEAD" all the way through HM Flash
and when i said him better help and explain the tactics he just said "WHY I SHOULD!?"

with overgeared and bored experienced player there are less chances to learn how to fight proper way - because he runs through flash like a hot steel through butter and even when he do not skip content you can do a lot of mistakes and it does not matter and you do not see it and you learn nothing.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd, Pansobak Legacy
Merc 60, Jugg 60, Sorc 60, Sin 60, Op 60, Sage 60, Comm 60, Guns 55, Vang 60, Sent 60

Craft: Bio 500, Cyber 500, Art 500, Arm 500, Armor 500, Syth 500

grallmate
12.23.2012 , 11:39 PM | #189
Quote: Originally Posted by pan_sObak View Post
run operations?
You take away BH comms from group finder FPs and pretty much no one will run them. You'd go from having only speed runs to having next to no runs, does that really seem like a good idea?

Really, the only viable option to avoid boss skipping is to make the quest update when they die. I personally don't mind if a boss isn't skippable. Fighting through them, or running around them is only a slight difference in time. Being forced to kill trash is very very different. Really though, as long as they're skippable, I'll keep skipping.
The Kae-Sare Legacy - The Harbinger
<Vindication> <Retribution>

Gralleh Grall'eh Khyar
Gralleh's Guide to Guardian Tanking [UPDATED for 2.0]

DarthScruffy
12.23.2012 , 11:46 PM | #190
Quote: Originally Posted by Kitru View Post
Then you would be diluting the value of BH comms since people could just run the FPs constantly rather than only being able to get a limited number of BH comms per day. It makes people more likely to run then and kill the bosses, but it operates counter to the necessity to have the relevant resources limited to some extent.
Within the context of the GF mission.