Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gamebreaking behaviour within hardmode flashpoints

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Gamebreaking behaviour within hardmode flashpoints

drgjed
12.10.2012 , 03:03 PM | #151
That's the thing... BW made it so that Trash and Boss skipping is possible. You want that to change then petition BW to either take out the shortcuts/walkarounds in the instances or make the aggro ranges bigger so that groups can't sneak by. Though I'm sure a lot of your Sin's and Ops (dunno what they are on the Pub side) will be pissed when they find out their stealth stun is initiates combat.

I kind of doubt that they will take this course of action though. I also doubt that they will balance the gear issue between Tion and BH gear either. So what are we left with? A vast majority that has seen all the CS and fought all the bosses before multiple times and are only in it for the daily, and a minority that has yet to see all that has to be offered. Should the latter be dissuaded from experiencing all that content? IMHO no. I got to do it so should they. All it takes is for them to speak up at the beginning of the FP and say as such. Most people won't mind. Yes you are always going to get the elitists who will spout out the "****NOOBSAUCE!!!!!!11!!1!!!ONE!!!!11!!!" but that is the nature of MMO's. You will get another chance at it with another group. This community is better than most in that aspect at least in allowing ppl to experience the game.
Quote: Originally Posted by BunnyMage View Post
"Dear MMO maker. I have found that something in the game is still somewhat challenging. Please nerf it."

I really hate the mainstream sometimes.

Gwence
12.10.2012 , 03:45 PM | #152
usually I just go with the flow, if people want to skip, I skip, if they want to kill, I kill.. I'm a sorc healer. Although I do kind of dislike when the tank just assumes people want to skip.

one thing I've noticed though from doing battle of ilum a bunch is trying to skip through all of it to final boss usually ends up taking LONGER than just stopping at each mini to kill. Because people are not experienced enough to run through and either get lost or draw agro multiple times especially on the mini bosses.

also the daily comm drops are good reward imo, sadly only some of the mini's drop them or I'd support killing all the mini's everytime without question.

pan_sObak
12.10.2012 , 10:52 PM | #153
Quote: Originally Posted by Satedbuffalo View Post
I liked the constructive suggestions a while back about making killing bosses worthwhile. As it is, the super awesome loot they drop isn't worth most players' time. If they dropped BH comms, even one, I'm sure you'd see people killing them - even hitting bonus bosses.
yes.
as i've said - it's a matter of bad design and bad loot placement.
while players have opportunity to spoil the game - they'll do it :-)
Tomb of Freedon Nadd, Pansobak Legacy
Merc 55, Jugg 55, Sorc 55, Sin 55, Op 60, Sage 60, Comm 60, Guns 55, Vang 60, Sent 55

Craft: Bio 500, Cyber 500, Art 500, Arm 500, Armor 450, Syth 450

pan_sObak
12.10.2012 , 11:25 PM | #154
Quote: Originally Posted by Ephesia View Post
And you have no right whatsoever to tell me how I should play, what I should do.
But i am doing that right now. It's my right and my opportunity and i use it.
And you have all and every rights not to listen and stop moaning aloud 'oh, i've done flashs hundred times and i am so pity and tired and bored so let me do it hundred times more again and again but can i run faster and skip everything?'

Cry all you like, I will prefer my 15 minute runs to your 45 minute all boss trash killing runs? Not like it? I am a tank, I will get insta pop another group after leaving yours, and will have my way.
good luck then
find another group and run another hundred times
have all fun in your own way little grinding munchkin!
Merc 55, Jugg 55, Sorc 55, Sin 55, Op 60, Sage 60, Comm 60, Guns 55, Vang 60, Sent 55

pan_sObak
12.10.2012 , 11:29 PM | #155
Quote: Originally Posted by BogyOne View Post
That's right but we're hamsters on the treadmill.
i take off my hat to your honesty and understanding :-)

Ephesia
12.11.2012 , 05:42 AM | #156
Quote: Originally Posted by pan_sObak View Post
But i am doing that right now. It's my right and my opportunity and i use it.
And you have all and every rights not to listen and stop moaning aloud 'oh, i've done flashs hundred times and i am so pity and tired and bored so let me do it hundred times more again and again but can i run faster and skip everything?'

good luck then
find another group and run another hundred times
have all fun in your own way little grinding munchkin!
Good luck getting like minded players who will put up with your 50 minute flashpoints in Tomb of Freedon Nadd. You can see my name from my sig, I know just as well the community of TOFN and how many of them will be willing to do your full Battle of Ilum - Taral V runs. I have no problem with your play style, but you have no right to push your game choices down my thoat and others, just as I don't have the mentioned right myself.

The fact that you think you can be totally done with a Flashpoint in 6 runs when Hazmat earpieces require you to get 350 BH comms is enought proof that you have no clue.
Ephesia, Level 55 Jedi Guardian
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Member of Catalyst

Icestar
12.12.2012 , 09:34 AM | #157
Good luck getting like minded players who will put up with your 50 minute flashpoints in Tomb of Freedon Nadd.
Why does some assume that this thread is about killing lots of trash.

Everyone that has done the HM flashpoints in this game knows that the bosses the groups pass does not take more then a few minutes extra to kill.
"Though free to think and act, we are held together, like the stars in the firmament, with ties inseparable. These ties cannot, be seen, but, we can feel them"
- Nikola Tesla

Aelrict
12.12.2012 , 09:36 AM | #158
Why is this thread still being pulled along?

floriwie
12.12.2012 , 10:00 AM | #159
Wait u mean I have to kill the same Boss for 1001th time....

Yeah, ok.....

BW should find a better challenge for me....

When was the last new FP, LI , 1.2, 6 months ago, yeah, right, I will definitely kill that boss for 1001th time

Nerdcommando
12.12.2012 , 10:59 AM | #160
This is a symptom of the real problem of players running FP's for comms. There shouldn't be a daily for these. If the comm incentive is lost then people who wish to do these will que up for them and those that do not will not. But people feel like they have to do it so its a chore in game. Which creates this problem.

Conversly if this incentive was not in game then there would be a much smaller pool of payers willing to do FP's.

Pick your poisen
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy. - Steven Wright