Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gamebreaking behaviour within hardmode flashpoints

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Gamebreaking behaviour within hardmode flashpoints

Icestar
12.05.2012 , 08:14 PM | #91
I did several HM flashpoints tonight and in ALL of them the players assumed from the start that every boss that could be skipped would be skipped. The funny part is that when I convinced the groups to do bosses on the way many players needed on the stuff that dropped. It is a MYTH that every boss other then the final boss has useful loot, they drop exotech or other purple useful things sometimes.

A few of the "elite" players left instantly when I asked the team to kill bosses on the way, some even said they would put me on ignore ONLY for asking for other then "a quick run".

After have studied this for a while now with my 10 level 50s in different gearsettings, I can finally agree to my statment that there is a a gamebreaking behaviour going on within HM flashpoints. This can be very unfriendly for those that either want to play the game and have fun and be challenged by the different bosses or simply for those that needs gear because what they have is not enough for future gaming.

I strongly advise Bioware to look into this, they ask for player feedback......

This thread has lots of it
"Though free to think and act, we are held together, like the stars in the firmament, with ties inseparable. These ties cannot, be seen, but, we can feel them"
- Nikola Tesla

SDTAXantos
12.05.2012 , 08:20 PM | #92
They could just increase the aggro range of the avoidable bosses and to a lesser extent some trash. That would fix the problem.

psandak
12.05.2012 , 08:50 PM | #93
I did not bother reading all ten pages. It's all the same arguments I have heard for eight years (WoW has the same issue).

My take is this...

My response to killing "optional" bosses really depends on my mood. Most of the time, I am more than happy to take down an extra boss or even all bosses, IF a party member states specifically that they would like to do so. The problem is that very few EVER actually voice this request in chat in a timely manner. 99.99999% of the time the group is cruising along and only after we pass a boss does a member say something. Announce your request at the beginning of the instance and I have ZERO problem accommodating you.

That being said, there are times when I am simply in the mood to get in, get it done, and get out. And I appreciate that many other players are usually of this opinion. Therefore if the other group members are vehemently against doing more than is absolutely necessary, I'm sorry but majority rules (I abstain, one wants to do all bosses and two do not)

Further, tanks and healers, you do not have a stranglehold on what the group does. The HM FPs are not that hard. I have completed many with only three players + one companion (two DPS + player healer + companion healer works VERY well; and tank + one DPS + one DPS with some healing ability + a healing companion also works well). So your demands for the group to do what you want, should get you kicked not kowtowed to.

Khayleth
12.06.2012 , 03:33 AM | #94
If the majority of the group wants to skip, you skip.

If the majority of the group does not want to skip, you don't skip.

Don't be selfish, one way or the other.
Raid progression no one cares about. Unimpressive quote or one liner. Uninteresting guild name. List of characters with their level and class symbol.

Radzkie
12.06.2012 , 04:05 AM | #95
This thread reminded me of something that happened a few weeks ago: my friend(a tank) and I(a healer) que'd for a HM FP. We got two dps' that were subpar, one which admitted to being new to HMs. That was fine at the time, we weren't in a rush. It was MP anyway, which is a short FP.

My friend was joking around and took off his vest to look like he was naked-tanking. I laughed, took off my vest, and continued to heal him through mobs without any issue. A note here: our health was still higher than both dps'. I'm geared in almost full Dread Guard, with Hazmat implants/earpiece, so I just go to FPs for fun now. A few minutes later, one of the DPS' got pissed off and rage quit.

We probably shouldn't of joked around in a PUG... but... lol.

Yup...random story.

Icestar
12.06.2012 , 08:28 AM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
The problem is that very few EVER actually voice this request in chat in a timely manner. 99.99999% of the time the group is cruising along and only after we pass a boss does a member say something. Announce your request at the beginning of the instance and I have ZERO problem accommodating you.
Yes, I know nobody says anything because nobody wants a potential conflict or even end up on some tank/healers ignorelist. That is what has happened to me when I politely has asked at the start for more then what seems to be standard now, "a quick run" only killing what is outmost necessary.
"Though free to think and act, we are held together, like the stars in the firmament, with ties inseparable. These ties cannot, be seen, but, we can feel them"
- Nikola Tesla

Leafy_Bug
12.06.2012 , 08:56 AM | #97
I skip as much as I can and only kill when i see the party needing something. Almost 32k shadow tank here so the only reason i use group finder is for the BH comms which help me gear up my alts.

PhantomMalice
12.06.2012 , 10:49 AM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by SDTAXantos View Post
They could just increase the aggro range of the avoidable bosses and to a lesser extent some trash. That would fix the problem.
Exactly, and make it so that all FP mobs and bosses will not reset while someone is still alive in the instance to prevent people from training off the boss after running far enough. Railroad all boss encounters, that way the people who need gear gets gear, people who don't do the community a good favor. If everyone is Dreadguard geared, I don't see the problem of forced boss encounter either. It will take you longer trying to run off the boss without Sprint/Speeder/Rocket Boots than LOLfacerolling it in 25 seconds.

Icestar
12.06.2012 , 12:30 PM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by Leafy_Bug View Post
Almost 32k shadow tank here so the only reason i use group finder is for the BH comms which help me gear up my alts.
I could do that too but I prefer to get the gear I need with the character I play.

I am sure that your alts, fresh dinged 50 dressed in recruitgear would appreciate a piece of exotech or that purple earpiece/implant that some bosses drop
- Nikola Tesla

Satedbuffalo
12.06.2012 , 12:44 PM | #100
I still don't understand the use of the term 'gamebreaking' in this thread.

In my interpretation, gamebreaking refers to practices that makes some part of the game either unplayable or so unenjoyable that no one participates. That's clearly not the case here.