Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

StunStunStun Quit

blameitonthe
11.23.2012 , 08:32 PM | #21
BW need to first ensure that every class is balanced or at least ensure that the classes have some sort of prominent viability in pvp. If they were to remove stuns now and leave the classes the way they were then hardly anyone would pvp.What BW have done is instead of successfully balancing the classes for pvp they tweaked other areas to make the classes that they knew weren't good for pvp a little bet better which in turn made the players who knew they were good against these classes QQ because they can't kill them quite as easily anymore.

Balance the classes then remove the stuns is all im saying.
BMO IS MY HOMIE.

Athena-Nike
11.23.2012 , 09:10 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
I'm all for the stun bubble ( a somewhat biased view as a sorc/sage) but please tell me that you are kidding? Since when has stun bubble been crucial to the success of PvE?
I was responding to Social Scientist's avocation of removing ALL stuns not just the stun bubble

KiranK
11.23.2012 , 09:28 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by MiaRB View Post
after changes to resolve, CC was fine in PVP. well, except for the crowd that thinks any CC is too much CC. the problem now is stunbubbles. until BW removes or fixes it WZs will continue to be stunzones.
How did the resolve change help with CC? It made CC worse because there's no longer a penalty for failing to time your CCs correctly. Now resolve is utterly pointless. By the time it's full your back in the spawn, watching it tick down uselessly. It's way worse than before. Stun bubbles are just insult to injury.
There's no QQing in baseball.

JackNader
11.23.2012 , 10:36 PM | #24
^^^ That's the whole issue. The entire reason for the resolve system is to counter the excessive amount of controlling effects being thrown about in warzones. The resolve system doesn't work now, nor has it ever worked.

A correctly functioning resolve system should standardize the amount of time over the course of the game that your character can be taken out of a fight. It should not matter whether you are fighting 1 player or 100. The amount of time you spend controlled should be approximately the same. An example. Let's say that someone stuns you for 4 seconds. Your resolve bar fills up and you are instantly granted immunity for 4 seconds. The resolve bar should be decaying constantly but each time it fills up to full you cannot be controlled for the duration of the immunity. This forces players to 'stagger" out their stuns rather than dumping them all on the target in a very short space of time.

The resulting game play ensures that all characters can still tactically use their stuns but on the flip side not feel as though they are being stunned to death. This sort of system is extremely easy to implement. Bioware already has a lot of the code in place.

HelinCarnate
11.24.2012 , 12:17 AM | #25
If you like games that have pvp combat work the way you describe, there are plenty of them to pick from. Play those instead.
Dear BW,
Please nerf paper and buff rock. Scissors is fine as is.
Signed, Rock.
http://www.swtor.com/r/mB5FPn obligatory referral link.

HelinCarnate
11.24.2012 , 12:17 AM | #26
nevermind
Dear BW,
Please nerf paper and buff rock. Scissors is fine as is.
Signed, Rock.
http://www.swtor.com/r/mB5FPn obligatory referral link.

criminalheretic
11.24.2012 , 12:46 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by fungihoujo View Post
I play a ranged class, but when I try to stay at range, people chase me, and that makes me sad
Cooler story "brosith"...
What we don't understand, we can make mean anything.
Hyperspace Cannon -> Drooga's -> The Harbinger

MisterMuse
11.24.2012 , 01:12 AM | #28
The removal of stuns must be one of the worst ideas ever to be honest. PvP is about more than trying to smash your opponent into a bloody pulp every second. Clear thinking and strategy have always been crucial and the usages of stuns at the right time must be a factor. The resolve system is put into place to ensure that no person can be utterly stunlocked for extended periods which I believed it did better pre 1.4 than currently. However the solution can never be to remove stuns entirely. I myself play a Sage/Sorcerer, the only light armor class with average 1-1 dps. In situations with certain classes such as Marauders/Sentinels and Guardian/Juggernauts there is no possible way I could survive a situation without a stun to buy myself time and space. The good execution of stuns in games such as Voidstar and Huttball is also crucial to the success of many matches where a good placed stun can enable your team to complete ones objective.

What Bioware needs to look into is how to properly deal with the current resolve issues that people have been presenting. There needs to be a harsher penalty for failing to correctly time your stuns and a more noticeable period where you are immune to further effects. At the same time there must be a balance so that classes with more 1-1 prowess do not run around with constantly filled resolve bars.
Raysho - Hybrid Sage
FahÚr - Combat Sentinel
JahÝr - Vigilance Guardian
SahÝr - Assault Vanguard

snadelle
11.24.2012 , 02:13 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by DroidDreamer View Post
Stuns are a part of this game. Don't like stuns? Don't play this game.

I like that a well-timed stun, knockback, snare, etc can turn the tide in a WZ, allow your team to complete a cap or let the ball carrier score in Huttall.

Stuns are a part of this game. Save your breaker to stop the cap. Be patient.
You couldn't be more right, however, is this the best Bioware could do with pvp? Even Remotely close?

DroidDreamer
11.24.2012 , 02:22 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by MisterMuse View Post
The removal of stuns must be one of the worst ideas ever to be honest. PvP is about more than trying to smash your opponent into a bloody pulp every second. Clear thinking and strategy have always been crucial and the usages of stuns at the right time must be a factor. The resolve system is put into place to ensure that no person can be utterly stunlocked for extended periods which I believed it did better pre 1.4 than currently. However the solution can never be to remove stuns entirely. I myself play a Sage/Sorcerer, the only light armor class with average 1-1 dps. In situations with certain classes such as Marauders/Sentinels and Guardian/Juggernauts there is no possible way I could survive a situation without a stun to buy myself time and space. The good execution of stuns in games such as Voidstar and Huttball is also crucial to the success of many matches where a good placed stun can enable your team to complete ones objective.

What Bioware needs to look into is how to properly deal with the current resolve issues that people have been presenting. There needs to be a harsher penalty for failing to correctly time your stuns and a more noticeable period where you are immune to further effects. At the same time there must be a balance so that classes with more 1-1 prowess do not run around with constantly filled resolve bars.
I agree with all that. I would further say that I ENJOY a well-executed stun for an objective based game, whether it's on offense or defense. Yeah, it sucks to get stun-locked by two guys for 8 seconds in a row and not make it to the end of the stuns, but these two guys just blew two CDs and it's no surprise that you can't take on two foes and survive for long. Aside from times like that, which are rare enough, it's still fun to use these:

--The hand to the face in Huttball in the end zone (Force Choke, Electrocute, etc) to walk into the score.
--Flashbang or area knock back -- or both! -- to stop spawning defenders from stopping the cap in VS.
--Four-seond stun used to "waste" an attacker's CD duration or to buy time for a healer friend to heal up or escape.
--The well-timed use of a stun breaker to stop the cap.
--Being PATIENT and not using your breaker when you solo guarding a node; calling Inc and saving your breaker for the second CC. Yes, that means just sit there. Let your resolve build while you plan our next move.
--And so on.

It's part of the game. And it's fun, especially with some adjustments and greater visual predictability to resolve and maybe a tweak to the Sorc bubble (in exchange for a slight DPS buff, per chance).
The DroidDreamer Legacy (Pot5 Server)
Eblen 50 Sorc heals | Sodan 50 Sniper | Trilliant 37 Immortal Jugg | Somnis 50 TankSin
They mark me with the lightning bolt in Huttball.