Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

StunStunStun Quit

FourTwent
11.23.2012 , 04:57 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by criminalheretic View Post
The stuns are there because of all the people who spent 6 months whining about Marauders. True Story. Bioware didn't say so directly, but what they DID say was that they changed the resolve system so that "melee classes" weren't running around the WZs "like wrecking balls, with full resolve bars". I mean really, to whom do you think they are referring?

They couldn't nerf their (meaning Maras) damage because anyone paying attention knows they weren't doing more damage than PTs anyway.

They couldn't nerf their survivability, because contrary to popular belief, they die as much on average per WZ as any other DPS class, they just have two very noticeable abilities that make people feel like they are "cheating death".

So how do you nerf a class that Bioware said was "performing exactly as they expected"? You make a sweeping change that affects (and annoys) EVERYBODY, but that just happens to annoy/affect Maras a little bit more.

We have a ridiculous amount of CC in this game because people aren't as good at running away from people, as they are running towards them. So now we ALL get to spend a little more time standing still, so people can get better at it. Plain and simple.
well said. thank you for a shred of logic in this bloated QQ thread

DroidDreamer
11.23.2012 , 05:24 PM | #12
Stuns are a part of this game. Don't like stuns? Don't play this game.

I like that a well-timed stun, knockback, snare, etc can turn the tide in a WZ, allow your team to complete a cap or let the ball carrier score in Huttall.

Stuns are a part of this game. Save your breaker to stop the cap. Be patient.
The DroidDreamer Legacy (Pot5 Server)
Eblen 50 Sorc heals | Sodan 50 Sniper | Trilliant 37 Immortal Jugg | Somnis 50 TankSin
They mark me with the lightning bolt in Huttball.

MidichIorian
11.23.2012 , 05:47 PM | #13
The stuns are there because of all the people who spent 6 months whining about Marauders. True Story. Bioware didn't say so directly, but what they DID say was that they changed the resolve system so that "melee classes" weren't running around the WZs "like wrecking balls, with full resolve bars". I mean really, to whom do you think they are referring?

They couldn't nerf their (meaning Maras) damage because anyone paying attention knows they weren't doing more damage than PTs anyway.

They couldn't nerf their survivability, because contrary to popular belief, they die as much on average per WZ as any other DPS class, they just have two very noticeable abilities that make people feel like they are "cheating death".

So how do you nerf a class that Bioware said was "performing exactly as they expected"? You make a sweeping change that affects (and annoys) EVERYBODY, but that just happens to annoy/affect Maras a little bit more.

We have a ridiculous amount of CC in this game because people aren't as good at running away from people, as they are running towards them. So now we ALL get to spend a little more time standing still, so people can get better at it. Plain and simple.
Looking back on some of the decisions BW has made I'd say that you're vastly overestimating their ability. The resolve system is not an intended mara nerf, it's just them screwing up......again. I mean, why would they try to hide it and blame the changes on something els, especially when that something els is the complete opposite to what happened? BW is not in a position to have its' credibility tested, that ship sailed 11 months ago.

Sowwy
11.23.2012 , 06:04 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by DroidDreamer View Post
Stuns are a part of this game. Don't like stuns? Don't play this game.
I'm not even sure how best to address this ridiculous statement.

Quote: Originally Posted by DroidDreamer View Post
I like that a well-timed stun, knockback, snare, etc can turn the tide in a WZ, allow your team to complete a cap or let the ball carrier score in Huttall.

Stuns are a part of this game. Save your breaker to stop the cap. Be patient.

Stuns of this magnitude are simply a crutch and tactically shallow. Don't confuse knockbacks and snares with hard stuns, because they don't completely remove control of your character.

AshlaBoga
11.23.2012 , 06:10 PM | #15
Long live Stun Wars The Old Republic!

I keeed, I keeeed.

But seriously, the buddy system is a good way to minimize the stun vs. stun fights. I always try to stick close to someone who can cleanse stuns (I'm specced into purge on my Sorc) so that we're not stunned long enough to make a difference. In Huttball obviously being stunned for 3 seconds can change the outcome of the game, but in Alderaan and Void Star 3 seconds didn't make or break things that often (sometimes it does, but more often it doesn't).
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

DroidDreamer
11.23.2012 , 06:24 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Sowwy View Post
Stuns of this magnitude are simply a crutch and tactically shallow. Don't confuse knockbacks and snares with hard stuns, because they don't completely remove control of your character.
Are we playing the same game? Last I heard, a well-timed Cover Pulse, Overload, Flashbang, Whirlwind or four second stun is a GREAT way to allow your team to cap a node after clearing it. Each side gets the same tools.

And I'm not confusing them. A four second stun rarely leads to death unless you're being focused and then the stun is not your whole problem. The Sorc bubble stun is a bit of a problem but that tree needs some kind of love since most agree it's DPS is subpar; a solution for that may be in the works.

Stuns and ther forms of CC are part of this game.
The DroidDreamer Legacy (Pot5 Server)
Eblen 50 Sorc heals | Sodan 50 Sniper | Trilliant 37 Immortal Jugg | Somnis 50 TankSin
They mark me with the lightning bolt in Huttball.

fungihoujo
11.23.2012 , 06:26 PM | #17
I'm a marauder and thus can't admit my class is too strong or any other class is too weak.
Cool story brosith.

Athena-Nike
11.23.2012 , 06:56 PM | #18
How can people be advocating the removal of stun? Seriously. Sure they ruin PvP but they are essential to PVE (FP's, Ops, story). So fix one part of SWTOR by breaking the others?

Sowwy
11.23.2012 , 07:29 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Athena-Nike View Post
How can people be advocating the removal of stun? Seriously. Sure they ruin PvP but they are essential to PVE (FP's, Ops, story). So fix one part of SWTOR by breaking the others?
Whats pve?

MidichIorian
11.23.2012 , 07:59 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Athena-Nike View Post
I'm all for the stun bubble ( a somewhat biased view as a sorc/sage) but please tell me that you are kidding? Since when has stun bubble been crucial to the success of PvE?