Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Seriously Devs with the OP Powertechs/Vanguards

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Seriously Devs with the OP Powertechs/Vanguards

ChickenWangs
11.23.2012 , 10:48 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by dalevan View Post
Why even play other classes? Check the leaderboards in almost every warzone if you want to laugh at imbalance. Imps know. They have at least 3-5 in every warzone. lol It's stupid.
Nerf bat has hit the PT/VG enough. The final swing that it should take is against smash speccers.

foxmob
11.23.2012 , 11:43 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Lalainnia View Post
You people are crazy.....PyroPTs have the best burst in the game and it actually got buffed when they took away the shared cd with the grenades, they just changed a few things so they couldnt blow up ppl from range....Also utility they have it... um harpoon???? aoe stun not mez STUN both on 45sec cd how is that bad?? If u spec into the lowered cd on the shield u have it about every min if ur not one of those ppl that use the move when your pretty much dead...not to mention they can also perma slow somone, and no cleanse doesnt work by the time its cleansed its back up.When you see a Smasher that has 800k damage and a PyroPt that has 700K don't forget more then 90% of that damage from the PT is SINGLE TARGET. So please don't try and make it seem like pyropts r all bad now b/c they cant blow somone up from range anymore.

O they also have taunt and u cant go wrong with that.
I don't think you realize how big a hit that nerf was. I used to open with incendiary from 30m. you know what that meant? hib was guaranteed on the 1st gcd while I have a wicked dot on the target right off the bat. as I'm runinng in, I also would have assault plastique ticking on them. THEN I would hit 10m and start with ion pulse, procing hib's to my heart's galore. now I start with sticky and require ~2 auto attacks before I can get off my first hib. it's more than a range nerf. it's a ton of dmg I can't do to open a fight. that's burst. that was burst with zero setup. getting into 10m IS setup. didn't have to do that before. every class I attack can feel that dif, but it's especially noticeable for the ranged classes.
Kracks and other assorted stuff on Jedi Covanent
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

DarkSaberMaster
11.24.2012 , 12:27 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Lalainnia View Post
You people are crazy.....PyroPTs have the best burst in the game and it actually got buffed when they took away the shared cd with the grenades, they just changed a few things so they couldnt blow up ppl from range....Also utility they have it... um harpoon???? aoe stun not mez STUN both on 45sec cd how is that bad?? If u spec into the lowered cd on the shield u have it about every min if ur not one of those ppl that use the move when your pretty much dead...not to mention they can also perma slow somone, and no cleanse doesnt work by the time its cleansed its back up.When you see a Smasher that has 800k damage and a PyroPt that has 700K don't forget more then 90% of that damage from the PT is SINGLE TARGET. So please don't try and make it seem like pyropts r all bad now b/c they cant blow somone up from range anymore.

O they also have taunt and u cant go wrong with that.
People like this are the reason why I'm glad the devs never read or take suggestions from the forums.
D'aege: (Engineering Sniper)
"Eff a lightsaber. Blasters are king"
The Harbinger "Rangers Lead the Way"

Lalainnia
11.24.2012 , 12:43 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
I don't think you realize how big a hit that nerf was. I used to open with incendiary from 30m. you know what that meant? hib was guaranteed on the 1st gcd while I have a wicked dot on the target right off the bat. as I'm runinng in, I also would have assault plastique ticking on them. THEN I would hit 10m and start with ion pulse, procing hib's to my heart's galore. now I start with sticky and require ~2 auto attacks before I can get off my first hib. it's more than a range nerf. it's a ton of dmg I can't do to open a fight. that's burst. that was burst with zero setup. getting into 10m IS setup. didn't have to do that before. every class I attack can feel that dif, but it's especially noticeable for the ranged classes.
Umm... you know your not a ranged class right...???? that was the whole reason for the range nerf on half your moves b/c pyropts could blow people up from range when in fact they are a meele class???

You dont see a concealment operative blowing up ppl from range??? The only other class that I can think of thats meele and blows ppl up from range r tanksins with dps gear, have Recklessness up plus harness shadows, thats another Overpowered class for a diffrent thread. My point is Pryopts are not a ranged class they could drop a person to half health from 30m away before as a meele class and quite often thats why they nerfed your *RANGE* while they actually increased your damage by taking off the sharded cd on your grenades.

What alot of people don't seem to understand was PyroPTs were actually broken they could do srs damage from range... SmashFaces arent broken they arent blowing up ppl from range they're just above and beyond overpowered same goes for tanksins minus the reck+harness shadows .

I don't have anything against PyroPTs I just hate when people say they arent that great when in fact they are one of the best classes to get positive results from.
Donna-Commando-Combat Medic
When we care for others our own strength to live increases. When we help people expand their state of life, our lives also expand. Actions to benefit others are not separate from actions to benefit oneself.

United_Strafes
11.24.2012 , 02:14 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkSaberMaster View Post
Obviously you never played one if you consider heavy armor as any kind of benefit.
Obviously you've never played anything else if you don't see it as one.

Lexlo
11.24.2012 , 02:35 AM | #36
Gotta love people complaining about a single target DPS class with crappy defensive moves when you have a medium armor class (-5% mitigation, big whoop ) hitting people for consistent 6k+ AOE hits and LOL'ing away with their 99% damage reduction move on a low cooldown.

Yeah, but Powertechs are OP...
Prophecy of the Five
<WAR>|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:| |:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|<LTW>
Twitch.TV

Stanimir
11.24.2012 , 03:02 AM | #37
PTs are just poorly balanced. Tanks and APs suck in PvP, Pyros are good burst but nothing else. The class just needs to be looked at, its all over the place.

NoTomorrow
11.24.2012 , 03:50 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Stanimir View Post
PTs are just poorly balanced. Tanks and APs suck in PvP, Pyros are good burst but nothing else. The class just needs to be looked at, its all over the place.
What do you have against AP? Its a very decent spec. And funt to play.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

Lexlo
11.24.2012 , 03:57 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
What do you have against AP? Its a very decent spec. And funt to play.
You shouldn't have to settle for "decent". It should be "amazing".
Prophecy of the Five
<WAR>|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:| |:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|<LTW>
Twitch.TV

Smashbrother
11.24.2012 , 04:05 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Rassuro View Post
TBH out of all of the threads about overpowered classes, the complaining about Powertech/Vanguard is the only one which I've never really been able to see in game in my own experience. Personally I've never had particularly big trouble with that class overall, only against a few specific players who have played that class very well. Not after the 1.4 nerf, and not before either.

At least from my own experience, there has always been other classes who have been FOTM, never PT/VG, both in the sense of a FOTM class being really powerful, and in the sense of a FOTM class being really popular.
I thought they were a bit OP before their range got nerfed. Having the highest burst damage/dps in the game at 30m is just too much.

I don't really have a problem with them now though.