Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Seriously Devs with the OP Powertechs/Vanguards

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Seriously Devs with the OP Powertechs/Vanguards

Didy_Kush
11.23.2012 , 05:26 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by United_Strafes View Post
Riiiight a heavy armor, ridiculous DPS class needs cooldowns and "escape mechanics" ok buddy.
Lol heavy armour does nothing for a class cannon spec you as clueless as the OP.

NoTomorrow
11.23.2012 , 05:35 PM | #22
Lol overpowered, as long as we have force shroud and force camo nothing else can be deemed overpowered in this game.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

criminalheretic
11.23.2012 , 05:38 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Didy_Kush View Post
Lol heavy armour does nothing for a class cannon spec you as clueless as the OP.
Well to be fair, the person said a "heavy armor, ridiculous DPS class". But no, I totally agree. This is why the derpsmashers pretty much totally ignore my Sage, and always go after the Vanguards. It's like I'm waving my hands "Hey! I'm over here! Somebody please come smash me!" But nothing... Poor Vanguards.
What we don't understand, we can make mean anything.
Hyperspace Cannon -> Drooga's -> The Harbinger

Individual
11.23.2012 , 07:05 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by dalevan View Post
Why even play other classes? Check the leaderboards in almost every warzone if you want to laugh at imbalance. Imps know. They have at least 3-5 in every warzone. lol It's stupid.
Ya, and the only people I see getting record breaking numbers are Warriors, not PTs. How often does a PT break 1 mil vs a Warrior rage spec? Not even close. The only thing we PTs have for defensive cooldowns is a herp derp 25% dmg reduction shield that we can use like every 2 mins. We can spec into having it reduced if we want, but not not vy very much.

Either roll a ranged class and keep your distance from them, or roll a Jugg / Murader. I honestly feel since the last nerf, it's a lot easier to kll the PTs.

Devilk
11.23.2012 , 07:54 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by United_Strafes View Post
Riiiight a heavy armor, ridiculous DPS class needs cooldowns and "escape mechanics" ok buddy.
lol like heavy armor means anything these days in PvP.

Lalainnia
11.23.2012 , 07:58 PM | #26
You people are crazy.....PyroPTs have the best burst in the game and it actually got buffed when they took away the shared cd with the grenades, they just changed a few things so they couldnt blow up ppl from range....Also utility they have it... um harpoon???? aoe stun not mez STUN both on 45sec cd how is that bad?? If u spec into the lowered cd on the shield u have it about every min if ur not one of those ppl that use the move when your pretty much dead...not to mention they can also perma slow somone, and no cleanse doesnt work by the time its cleansed its back up.When you see a Smasher that has 800k damage and a PyroPt that has 700K don't forget more then 90% of that damage from the PT is SINGLE TARGET. So please don't try and make it seem like pyropts r all bad now b/c they cant blow somone up from range anymore.

O they also have taunt and u cant go wrong with that.
Donna-Commando-Combat Medic
When we care for others our own strength to live increases. When we help people expand their state of life, our lives also expand. Actions to benefit others are not separate from actions to benefit oneself.

DarthRaika
11.23.2012 , 08:39 PM | #27
Ahebish I feel your pain but I've been sin main in a couple games before and when sin is set up as a ....stunbased upfront burst with stealth class then you will notice these probs. Its just hard to avoid. In those games and in this one if I have gear and I'm able to pick my targets I feel like a god. But, they are very gear dependent.

So if you are average gear then your initial rotation won't even be half of your target's health. Now your target can either try to get away or they can try to kill you. Most of the time you should win here but if one of their friends comes in then its gg.

However, if you are an optimized aug wh then it is much much easier to pick your targets since they will drop so fast. That is just kind of the problem with this class. They are hard to balance. If you make an average geared one good then a max geared one will be insanely OP. I think someone could do a better job with balancing them but I have yet to see it.

I have always felt underpowered while gearing and then way overpowered once geared in them relative to my other classes. It sucks lol.

SajPl
11.23.2012 , 09:32 PM | #28
Well yeah was fun seeing an 8.2k smash done by a jugg and a 7.4k smash done by a mara and my poor pyro was 3rd on dps scoreboard, but sure nerf pyro, this game needs more people to reroll to lolsmashspec.

Jarfunkz
11.23.2012 , 09:48 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by dalevan View Post
Why even play other classes? Check the leaderboards in almost every warzone if you want to laugh at imbalance. Imps know. They have at least 3-5 in every warzone. lol It's stupid.
really? I see more mara/jugg than anything else... starting to see more bubble spec sage/sorc
VicVega

Jarfunkz
11.23.2012 , 09:50 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Lalainnia View Post
You people are crazy.....PyroPTs have the best burst in the game and it actually got buffed when they took away the shared cd with the grenades, they just changed a few things so they couldnt blow up ppl from range....Also utility they have it... um harpoon???? aoe stun not mez STUN both on 45sec cd how is that bad?? If u spec into the lowered cd on the shield u have it about every min if ur not one of those ppl that use the move when your pretty much dead...not to mention they can also perma slow somone, and no cleanse doesnt work by the time its cleansed its back up.When you see a Smasher that has 800k damage and a PyroPt that has 700K don't forget more then 90% of that damage from the PT is SINGLE TARGET. So please don't try and make it seem like pyropts r all bad now b/c they cant blow somone up from range anymore.

O they also have taunt and u cant go wrong with that.
They also have the worst action management...
VicVega