Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gunnery Commando PvE Guide

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Trooper > Commando
Gunnery Commando PvE Guide

draklite
12.19.2012 , 03:28 AM | #61
Hey guys wondering if any of you can help me with black hole gear, Ive got over 100 comms sitting in my inventory and i just dont know how to spend them, im pretty much full Columi with a few bits of rakata thrown in but the black holl gear just seems to me losing my aim, I dont want to waste the comms though so any advice is greatly received.

ArchangelLBC
12.19.2012 , 03:34 AM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Gyronamics View Post
Why obviously?

Some branches will benefit more from others with the current trees but no one has said the trees will be expanded.
Pretty sure they said, or at least heavily implied, that the trees would be revamped when they upped the level cap. They almost have to if they want to convince other ACs not to become stupidly OP.

Maybe we'll even get our long awaited PVP fixes, but I doubt it.

If they DON'T add anything new to the trees I'll be facing an interesting decision. Do I invest in finishing up both alacrity talents (for pretty much constant 9% alacrity) or do I give up on first responder entirely, and drop either Cell Capacitor entirely or two points of Field Tactics so I can go high enough in the Assault Tree to get High Friction Bolts? Another 30% armor pen on High Impact bolt would do some pretty awesome things.

For PVP we'd have to invest in some dummy talents but full 31 builds could get interrupt immunity with reactive shield up from the CM tree.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

ArchangelLBC
12.19.2012 , 03:38 AM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by draklite View Post
Hey guys wondering if any of you can help me with black hole gear, Ive got over 100 comms sitting in my inventory and i just dont know how to spend them, im pretty much full Columi with a few bits of rakata thrown in but the black holl gear just seems to me losing my aim, I dont want to waste the comms though so any advice is greatly received.
Get the Boltblaster's gloves and I wanna say the Med Tek feet. Don't sweat that you're losing aim in your mods. As long as you're getting DPS armorings you're only losing a net 1 aim and you're gaining a ton more power or crit rating. 53 Aim/41 Secondary Stat mods are definitely the way to go. Take out the mods and put them into rakata/columi/tionese shells so you keep the set bonuses.

-Wnd

draklite
12.19.2012 , 04:06 AM | #64
so we want to be going with bolt blaster , ripping out the mods and enhancments and popping it into the rakata gear , then later on buying the campaign armoring and replacing the rakata armoring?

oaceen
12.19.2012 , 05:52 AM | #65
so we want to be going with bolt blaster , ripping out the mods and enhancments and popping it into the rakata gear , then later on buying the campaign armoring and replacing the rakata armoring?
yes, but to be clear: the boltblaster gloves and the med-tech boots are the ones you want.

nbayer
12.19.2012 , 08:55 AM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
...If they DON'T add anything new to the trees I'll be facing an interesting decision. Do I invest in finishing up both alacrity talents (for pretty much constant 9% alacrity) or do I give up on first responder entirely, and drop either Cell Capacitor entirely or two points of Field Tactics so I can go high enough in the Assault Tree to get High Friction Bolts? Another 30% armor pen on High Impact bolt would do some pretty awesome things.
Seems like a pretty high price to pay for that 30% pen on one ability, you need 12 points in assault for that and 3 of them are totally wasted. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for at least 1 new ability in each tree.

**EDIT
Looks like we don't need to worry about it. Here's a quote from the dev tracker:

As part of the new content, every skill tree will be expanding and you can expect significant updates. Players will earn a new skill point with each level, and new skills will be available in each skill tree. Additionally, a new active ability will be introduced for each Advanced Class. We'll have more details about many aspects of Rise of the Hutt Cartel as we approach launch, so keep your eyes on the website and dev tracker!

ArchangelLBC
12.19.2012 , 06:27 PM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by nbayer View Post
Seems like a pretty high price to pay for that 30% pen on one ability, you need 12 points in assault for that and 3 of them are totally wasted. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for at least 1 new ability in each tree.

**EDIT
Looks like we don't need to worry about it. Here's a quote from the dev tracker:

As part of the new content, every skill tree will be expanding and you can expect significant updates. Players will earn a new skill point with each level, and new skills will be available in each skill tree. Additionally, a new active ability will be introduced for each Advanced Class. We'll have more details about many aspects of Rise of the Hutt Cartel as we approach launch, so keep your eyes on the website and dev tracker!

Yeah saw that too. Just as well since I wasn't looking forward to wasting the 3 points, but 30% armor pen would be a nice boost.

I wonder if they're putting off real class balance for level 55. I can hope. Doubt it though.

-Wnd

TheBigGregski
12.20.2012 , 02:26 AM | #68

Like I said, obviously

draklite
12.21.2012 , 04:18 AM | #69
Anyone know of any good trooper sites? Wanting to know which relics to buy from the daily comms vendor

jesseleeca
12.21.2012 , 09:35 AM | #70
Anyone know of any good trooper sites? Wanting to know which relics to buy from the daily comms vendor
There's another thread in the forums on that.
From the discussion in this thread, this is what I believe the current BiS relics are for gunnery commandos:
DG kinetic proc relic *Kinetic proc uses tech crit chance while internal proc uses force crit chance
DG power activation relic
Right now I'm still using WH+DG power but that's mainly because I'm too lazy to do dailies.
[Prophecy of the Five] Pub: <Rude Dudes> Imp: <Rude Boys>
Havok-leader Lvl 55 Commando DPS /Combat Medic Gunnery PvE Guide
Transference Lvl 55 Guardian Tank
Imperial-havok Lvl 55 Operative Healer