Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gunnery Commando PvE Guide

ArchangelLBC
04.11.2013 , 01:26 PM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by jesseleeca View Post
Has anyone gotten to 55 and parsed to see what the percentage of dps each of the abilities does? At 50 I think it GR was 30+% while HiB was ~10%. This means that, without doing any exact calculations, it might be worth trying the 2/2 method since 8% to HiB is roughly <1% in total dps and 14 aim, while not negligible, is not that much either.
Any thoughts?
Your logic is same as mine and if you looked at the parses from the PTS Grav Round was still a significant part of our damage and Gyro was getting something like a 60% Crit rate on it which is pretty fearsome. Don't know the exact percentage it makes up of our DPS in an ideal rotation, but I'm certain it's still very high.

Will try and do my own parsing tonight. Depends on how raids go.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

jesseleeca
04.13.2013 , 01:00 AM | #112
Added current rough rotation.
[Prophecy of the Five] <The Crushers>
Havok-leader Lvl 55 Commando DPS/Combat Medic Gunnery PvE Guide
Transference Lvl 60 Guardian Tank/DPS
Morehots Lvl 60 Scoundrel Healer

ArchangelLBC
04.13.2013 , 01:50 AM | #113
You should also be working electronet into your rotation. It's 10 ammo for quite a nice amount of damage. I also found my DPS went up an appreciable amount when I started using RP > PG on cooldown. The ammo management is almost as good, and PG is very nice for damage. Its only problem has only ever been the ammo cost.

-Wnd

jesseleeca
04.13.2013 , 01:55 AM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
You should also be working electronet into your rotation. It's 10 ammo for quite a nice amount of damage. I also found my DPS went up an appreciable amount when I started using RP > PG on cooldown. The ammo management is almost as good, and PG is very nice for damage. Its only problem has only ever been the ammo cost.
The reason I didn't put EN in is that I was trying to only put stuff that is almost always up in the rotation. EN will most likely be used in boss fights on CD, but since it has a 90 sec CD, I didn't include it.
As for PG+RP, I don't know how much of an effect it will have in longer fights and I personally like to save RP for when I'm low on ammo and RC isn't up.

Natan
04.14.2013 , 07:15 AM | #115
I have been getting some serious crits on DR since 2.0, on Makeb i was seeing 6.9k a fair bit, but then when i was doing some word bosses i got some 9's and even 3 11k's! highest was 11.514 its crazy..

Not that i'm complaining

ArchangelLBC
04.14.2013 , 11:18 AM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by Natan View Post
I have been getting some serious crits on DR since 2.0, on Makeb i was seeing 6.9k a fair bit, but then when i was doing some word bosses i got some 9's and even 3 11k's! highest was 11.514 its crazy..

Not that i'm complaining
Whoa, what's your gear like you're hitting that? I'm hitting 7.5k-8.5k on DR on ops bosses. 9k on the old ops bosses. More obviously when relic/adrenal are running.

The reason I didn't put EN in is that I was trying to only put stuff that is almost always up in the rotation. EN will most likely be used in boss fights on CD, but since it has a 90 sec CD, I didn't include it.
As for PG+RP, I don't know how much of an effect it will have in longer fights and I personally like to save RP for when I'm low on ammo and RC isn't up.

You make a fair point. Maybe do an opening rotation and then list a priority queue? Also I use RP when ammo is getting scarce as well, I just use it with Plasma Grenade instead of something else. Try it out =)

Also, Aero is making an interesting reocmmendation. Open a fight and deliberately blow your ammo as quickly as possible, use RC for the 10% alacrity boost, and then continue as normal. It's an interesting idea. We walk an even finer line with ammo mangement, but the potential return might be worth it. Not recommending it or recommending against it. Needs some testing, but the idea is definitely interesting for fully maximizing DPS. As long as you can sustain your rotation without that safety net, then it could be worth it.

-Wnd

jesseleeca
04.14.2013 , 01:18 PM | #117
You make a fair point. Maybe do an opening rotation and then list a priority queue? Also I use RP when ammo is getting scarce as well, I just use it with Plasma Grenade instead of something else. Try it out =)

Also, Aero is making an interesting reocmmendation. Open a fight and deliberately blow your ammo as quickly as possible, use RC for the 10% alacrity boost, and then continue as normal. It's an interesting idea. We walk an even finer line with ammo mangement, but the potential return might be worth it. Not recommending it or recommending against it. Needs some testing, but the idea is definitely interesting for fully maximizing DPS. As long as you can sustain your rotation without that safety net, then it could be worth it.
Good idea, I'll try making one. As for PG, that is what I usually use with RP, as you said it's damage is significant and is only held back by the ammo cost.

As for blowing all ammo at the start, sounds interesting but I have two questions/issues with it.
1) How exactly would you do that?
2) Given the 2 min CD, I'm not sure whether the initial burst would be worth the risk of not having it up when ammo issues pop up.

ArchangelLBC
04.14.2013 , 06:29 PM | #118
Good idea, I'll try making one. As for PG, that is what I usually use with RP, as you said it's damage is significant and is only held back by the ammo cost.

As for blowing all ammo at the start, sounds interesting but I have two questions/issues with it.
1) How exactly would you do that?
2) Given the 2 min CD, I'm not sure whether the initial burst would be worth the risk of not having it up when ammo issues pop up.
1) My guess? Blow everything, maybe even throw in an explosive round, but Definitely GR > DR > FA (on proc) GR x2 > HiB > Enet > PG (without RP) > GR or maybe even Explosive Round if that's what's needed. Maximize damage with absolutely no regard to ammo usage.

2) That's the main question isn't it. Though the idea also has merit for end of fight burst phases since the alacrity from Recharge Cells is about the closest we come to an offensive cooldown which actually increases our DPS. To be worth it earlier in the fight will take mastering ammo management under the new system, which does take some practice. I know that right now I can definitely start getting a low quite easily if I lose focus. With more practice though, you never know!

-Wnd

Natan
04.14.2013 , 06:45 PM | #119
Whoa, what's your gear like you're hitting that? I'm hitting 7.5k-8.5k on DR on ops bosses. 9k on the old ops bosses. More obviously when relic/adrenal are running.
Nothing special, mostly black hole with a couple pieces of Basic. The highest i get most of the time is around the 7-9k mark, but those 3 hits were something rare. It was on Gargath if that makes any difference.

jesseleeca
04.14.2013 , 09:55 PM | #120
1) My guess? Blow everything, maybe even throw in an explosive round, but Definitely GR > DR > FA (on proc) GR x2 > HiB > Enet > PG (without RP) > GR or maybe even Explosive Round if that's what's needed. Maximize damage with absolutely no regard to ammo usage.
Is Explosive Round even worth it though? Not considering its ammo cost it takes 1 GCD and does less damage than GR. If the only objective was to dump ammo, then yeah, but if we're trying to maximize dps, I'm not sure it would be worth using.