Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PVP 101 rule. Never let a Merc or Commando guard an objective by themselves

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PVP 101 rule. Never let a Merc or Commando guard an objective by themselves

SOULCASTER
11.24.2012 , 09:10 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Asunasan View Post
I'm perfectly happy to leave a healing commando to solo guard and objective. They take a LONG time to kill. As for dps merc well yeah they need help in pvp.
They do, assuming they are good...but you shouldn't leave a healer to solo guard a node. Especially since you are probably in PUGs and that is probably a 90% chance that they are the only healer on your team.

But yeah commando merc need an overhaul.
Prophecy of the Five
Live Stream @ twitch.tv/CidxPvP
www.WeaponsOfWarGuild.enjin.com
(5x) Season 1 All-Star Season 2 All-Star Season 3 Furious All-Star

Asunasan
11.24.2012 , 10:17 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by SOULCASTER View Post
They do, assuming they are good...but you shouldn't leave a healer to solo guard a node. Especially since you are probably in PUGs and that is probably a 90% chance that they are the only healer on your team.

But yeah commando merc need an overhaul.
My main is heals so I usually don't have to worry about there not being another healer if the commando healer guards. Combine that with the reality that most pub pugs on my server can't even break 80k dmg in a medium length wz and you'll understand why I'm willing to leave another healer at the off node. I can heal harder to do both our jobs. Doing dps to cover for bieng down a dps when our dps is so low anyways, not so efficent as heals.

Eillack
11.24.2012 , 11:07 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Asunasan View Post
I'm perfectly happy to leave a healing commando to solo guard and objective. They take a LONG time to kill. As for dps merc well yeah they need help in pvp.
I'd have to agree with this. People allow my CM Commando solo guard objectives all the time because I can heal and interupt until reenforcements arrive.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

Alizaro
11.24.2012 , 11:59 AM | #24
Pt's aren't that great at it either but inevitably the classes most suited for it won't, some to the point they'd rather abandon it and do.
Prophecy of the Five

Dark Force Rising (Témper, Shaddo, Tempermental, Alizar) 375 vr

Zeeke
11.24.2012 , 12:32 PM | #25
tbh it doesn't matter what class defends as long as its not the healer and tank who could be better used elsewhere.

They should be able to call an INC as soon as people start heading towards the node and get backup as the fight start, if they are not saying anything and attempting to solo an enemy they know they can't kill then they are just bad.
Jen'jidai, Jung Ma server
Legend Gaming Website | Join Us!
Sith Lord Kazra Sunreaver | Massassai of Jen'jidai | Officer of PvP

DarthSabreth
11.24.2012 , 07:03 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by NathanielStarr View Post
Lesson 2: Be a Jedi Knight or a Sith Warrior this is called the L2Pick the right class
ROFLMBO!!!!! I would laugh so hard if everyone rolled a mara or a Sent. I wonder if BW would get the hint on the FOTOM train.
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .