Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PVP 101 rule. Never let a Merc or Commando guard an objective by themselves

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PVP 101 rule. Never let a Merc or Commando guard an objective by themselves

Individual
11.23.2012 , 01:02 AM | #1
You might as well just leave no one there if you have to leave a merc or commando there. Oh wait.... They did get an inturpt now didn't they? Too bad that doesn't help them with DPS or being able to survive.

Asunasan
11.23.2012 , 02:03 AM | #2
I'm perfectly happy to leave a healing commando to solo guard and objective. They take a LONG time to kill. As for dps merc well yeah they need help in pvp.

NathanielStarr
11.23.2012 , 02:05 AM | #3
Lesson 2: Be a Jedi Knight or a Sith Warrior this is called the L2Pick the right class

Loladarulz
11.23.2012 , 02:54 AM | #4
Merc 1on1 defending objective - > totaly useless - good advice. Commandos are better tho.

Individual
11.23.2012 , 03:34 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Asunasan View Post
I'm perfectly happy to leave a healing commando to solo guard and objective. They take a LONG time to kill. As for dps merc well yeah they need help in pvp.
I should of said DPS mercs or cammandos. I would also be comfortable leaving a merc / commando healer at a point as long as they were geared.

JoseWan
11.23.2012 , 03:39 AM | #6
Indeed I've been PVPing for a month and I think I've yet to win a 1-on-1 duel with my Arsenal Merc

Couver
11.23.2012 , 04:31 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Asunasan View Post
I'm not. Healers should be with the group healing.

Individual
11.23.2012 , 04:39 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Couver View Post
I'm not. Healers should be with the group healing.
That depends ont he situation though. If you have 3-4 healers on your team, a DPS shouldn't be over there watching the point. The DPS should be in the fight at that point.

xxIncubixx
11.23.2012 , 04:45 AM | #9
merc is terrible there is no doubt about this.

Nassik
11.23.2012 , 04:47 AM | #10
The title of this thread itself made me laugh. I've lost count of how many times I've been left to solo guard a node as a DPS merc. When that happens all you can do is call incoming when they appear. You'll never survive the encounter on your own.
July 21st 2011.. The Dark Day Bioware pissed on Australia with a little yellow paragraph.

I used to be part of the Community, now I'm just Australian