Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

WORKAROUND - Flashpoint Crashing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
WORKAROUND - Flashpoint Crashing
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Monsofo's Avatar


Monsofo
11.30.2012 , 05:22 PM | #21
Just confirming that "Windowed" Mode does in fact correct the issue for the workaround, "Full Screen - Windowed" mode does not work..
Team Sofa - Fear the Lekku <GUA>

Khamil's Avatar


Khamil
11.30.2012 , 07:25 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Monsofo View Post
Just confirming that "Windowed" Mode does in fact correct the issue for the workaround, "Full Screen - Windowed" mode does not work..
Anyone getting this error that does not have ATI (AMD) cards btw? seems to be what I hear here on forum and ingame. Must be some driver incompability BW havent sorted.

Elysith's Avatar


Elysith
11.30.2012 , 08:36 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Monsofo View Post
Just confirming that "Windowed" Mode does in fact correct the issue for the workaround, "Full Screen - Windowed" mode does not work..
It works, you just have to minimize the Windows instead, since "alt-tabbing" while in "Windowed" mode won't do it. (The workaround is to just have SWTOR not displayed on screen during the "crashing phase". The way to do it does not matter).

Mansford's Avatar


Mansford
12.01.2012 , 04:35 PM | #24
Awesome work around. Thanks, man, I really appreciate this.

Maloros's Avatar


Maloros
12.01.2012 , 09:39 PM | #25
This worked for me and allowed me to finish our Esseles run after three crashes to desktop in a row.

kitno's Avatar


kitno
12.04.2012 , 02:11 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Bellatrixxe View Post
Hitting space bar to kill the cutscenes will also work to inhibit the kick to desktop.
Nope, that never worked. Tried it a dozen times, always crashed.

Quote: Originally Posted by Elysith View Post
It works, you just have to minimize the Windows instead, since "alt-tabbing" while in "Windowed" mode won't do it. (The workaround is to just have SWTOR not displayed on screen during the "crashing phase". The way to do it does not matter).
Correct.

Quote: Originally Posted by Khamil View Post
Anyone getting this error that does not have ATI (AMD) cards btw? seems to be what I hear here on forum and ingame. Must be some driver incompability BW havent sorted.
I'm running an HD7850, maybe it is a driver issue. Maybe if I'm feeling adventurous tonight I'll swap in an old Nvidia card I've got lying around and test it out.

Filougarou's Avatar


Filougarou
12.07.2012 , 07:20 PM | #27
Hi,

We (2 of 4 players) just spent half a hour to find a trick with this bug :
- I have an ATI 6950
- The other player has an nvidia GTX680

Both the 2 players that didn't crash (alt-F4) have an ATI.
So... it's now HW related nor a driver issue.........

We tried to alt-tab, minimise the window, use another PC (I tried on my GF PC, same results and she has an nvidia).

Our trick :
- When it alt-f4, restart your game, let your friends finish the cutscenes without you, and connect again to click on the console and exit this flashpoint. You'll have your quest complete.

spiralthe's Avatar


spiralthe
12.08.2012 , 04:04 AM | #28
One pc in my house ,with a nvidia card,was recently updated with the latest nvidia drivers.

Before the new drivers the game played great not even a stutter(that pc has a very good cpu/gpu/ram),with the new drivers esseles crashed to desktop at the end, when the jump to lightspeed animation begins,crashed to desktop frequently at loading screens,at the gtn... in a lot of scenarios.

Other pc with an amd card never crashed to desktop(still using drivers from december 2011)

I read in one thread on these forums that turning off ambient collusion in nvidia control panel for swtor fixed the crashes to desktop,and it worked for my pc,although the stutters are noticeable now but not very big.

So if you have a nvidia card try turning off ambient collusion it might fix it for you.

Elysith's Avatar


Elysith
12.08.2012 , 04:47 AM | #29
@spiralthe: Do you know what is your precedent NVIDIA driver version that does not crash with the Esseles?

spiralthe's Avatar


spiralthe
12.09.2012 , 08:32 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Elysith View Post
@spiralthe: Do you know what is your precedent NVIDIA driver version that does not crash with the Esseles?
301.42 didn't crash,current driver doesn't crash if i turn off ambient collusion in nvidia control panel.

I used nvidia 301.42 until swtor patch 1.5.1 , so its either the latest nvidia driver or the swtor patch.