Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

When are they gonna fix Warrior stuns so they work?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
When are they gonna fix Warrior stuns so they work?

QuietGoneJinn
11.22.2012 , 08:49 PM | #1
Kind of getting sick of having to "roll" for a "chance" that I may or may not stun my opponents. It's basically a 25% whether Intimidating Roar or Force Choke will actually work.

Usually this happens:

Force Choke: Minor damage inflicted on opponent. Opponent's 100% mobile. A "stun" where I cannot attack yet my opponents can attack me. Awesome ability!

Intimidating Roar: Pretty little wave graphic lights up the floor. Nothing else really happens, opponents just walk through it -probably admiring how pretty I've made the battlefield with this "stun".

All jokes aside, it's been almost a year, have they ever addressed these issues with plans to resolve them?

Smashbrother
11.22.2012 , 09:36 PM | #2
Roar is a mezz, not a stun.

Anyways, maybe the guy was full resolved or had talents/skills that make them immune to cc, which is why it didn't work. Or they used their cc breaker.

QuietGoneJinn
11.23.2012 , 12:01 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
Roar is a mezz, not a stun.

Anyways, maybe the guy was full resolved or had talents/skills that make them immune to cc, which is why it didn't work. Or they used their cc breaker.
No this isn't something that just happened, and once. This has been fairly regular since practically launch. It's something that happens multiple times in every Warzone.

Macroeconomics
11.23.2012 , 08:26 AM | #4
What is happening is there is a difference between where the opponent appears on your screen and where he actually is (on the server). So you think he is in range of your Force Choke and you activate it, but then he is out of range and you are left standing there like an idiot with your hand in the air.

If it makes you feel any better, certain other classes have similar issues. For example, for Bounty Hunters, there is a significant lag between activating their stun ability (ElectroDart) and when the stun actually attempts to stun the enemy. As a result is it almost impossible to use that stun on maps like Huttball where target placement is a key priority.

Smashbrother
11.23.2012 , 12:08 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by QuietGoneJinn View Post
No this isn't something that just happened, and once. This has been fairly regular since practically launch. It's something that happens multiple times in every Warzone.
I've been playing my guardian since launch, and I don't remember force stasis bug happening multiple times per match.

Polebreaker
11.23.2012 , 12:22 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
I've been playing my guardian since launch, and I don't remember force stasis bug happening multiple times per match.
Same. The only bug I've found, with force stasis anyways, is that while having the ability that supposedly makes it work without channeling... doesnt work, and leaves me standing there holding the guy in stasis and unable to do anything else. No cast bar or anything showing a channel, just a loss of control. Tends to mostly happen if I fire the ability while standing still... if I'm moving it doesnt seem to stick me in place.

Devilk
11.23.2012 , 08:30 PM | #7
Um, I have played a marauder/juggernaut since launch, and have literally never seen this happen.

Athena-Nike
11.23.2012 , 09:51 PM | #8
My force chokes lift for .1 seconds then they drop back and start attacking again for another couple seconds then get pulled back up and choked for .1 more seconds at the end meaning I just disabled myself 3 seconds to disable an enemy .2 seconds....

Bituminous
11.23.2012 , 10:27 PM | #9
^ This.

L-RANDLE
11.23.2012 , 10:47 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Polebreaker View Post
Same. The only bug I've found, with force stasis anyways, is that while having the ability that supposedly makes it work without channeling... doesnt work, and leaves me standing there holding the guy in stasis and unable to do anything else. No cast bar or anything showing a channel, just a loss of control. Tends to mostly happen if I fire the ability while standing still... if I'm moving it doesnt seem to stick me in place.
It has a pushback. Unless u eliminate the pushback the no channel skill is useless..
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango