Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

F2P is ruining lowbie PvP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
F2P is ruining lowbie PvP

maestruljedi
11.23.2012 , 11:07 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by TheronFett View Post
Last night in lowbie PvP, I met the worst player I've ever encountered in any MMO, ever. A level 15 Consular. Yes, you read that right. Not a Sage or Shadow...a level 15 Consular. As luck would have it, I came across the same player while out leveling my new Guardian. I was in a friendly mood, and grouped with her to see if I could help. Turns out, she had never:

- Gotten any training for new/upgraded skills since level 1
- Chose an Advanced Class
- Used Sprint
- Upgraded gear beyond quest drops

She had somehow also managed to put her companion on passive mode, and was basically just auto-attacking everything. It was a serious case of /facepalm. I've often wondered how some players can manage to be so cluelessly horrible in PvP. Now I know why. Players like this do exist.
Question is, was she having the time of her life ? Getting to 15 with lvl 1 abilities only seems possible if you're having fun.

Synxos
11.23.2012 , 12:04 PM | #22
Complaining about bad players in lowbie PvP.....
that's why it's called lowbie PvP.....it's not even 50s, let alone rateds....

Technohic
11.23.2012 , 12:36 PM | #23
I find that it's pretty much the same PUGing. You get some bad ones, but so does the other team.

I always get a kick out of how many of them can fight pretty well; but have no sense on the objectives. Kind of leaves it up to the ones that understand what needs to be done to focus on objectives and kind of use the deathmatch teammates as a distraction.

DarthSabreth
11.23.2012 , 03:44 PM | #24
If they are F2Pers then they havent been playing that long, instead of calling them bads or the R word how about letting them know what is was they did wrong and try to help them. If i was new to a game and folks trashed me for just trying to learn that would give me a bad attitude.
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

tronot
11.23.2012 , 03:50 PM | #25
I've seen 2 Troopers with no advanced class...in the same match.

Just now there's a Sentinel yielding only 1 lightsaber, wearing only head piece, chest and legs and doing less than 2k damage in 2 matches.

Theodulus
11.23.2012 , 04:27 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSabreth View Post
If they are F2Pers then they havent been playing that long, instead of calling them bads or the R word how about letting them know what is was they did wrong and try to help them. If i was new to a game and folks trashed me for just trying to learn that would give me a bad attitude.
I haven't seen anyone trash talking in the warzones I've been in. Did I ever say that I trash talked in this thread? I've explained that I've tried to help but you can't help the unwilling. In fact if anyone replies to my advice I get rude responses. I doubt you would help someone that spat in your face.

Quote: Originally Posted by tronot View Post
I've seen 2 Troopers with no advanced class...in the same match.

Just now there's a Sentinel yielding only 1 lightsaber, wearing only head piece, chest and legs and doing less than 2k damage in 2 matches.
I've seen plenty that aren't using sprint. Is it a level 14 ability now for F2P? If so that sucks for everyone else.

FourTwent
11.23.2012 , 04:46 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Theodulus View Post
Since topics with these titles are popular I'll post one too. F2P just made 10-49 PvP more unbearable than it already was. If you group up and have at least 4 people that can differentiate between east and west and have some situational awareness you will win the warzone unless you meet another premade. If you meet another premade the warzone will at least be somewhat fun.

If you solo queue you will most likely end up with 7 bads. I know they suck when my combat medic out damage every single one of my team with 120k damage while I also get some 230k healing. When they also expect the healer to charge in first everywhere and will wait for you to do so I just see no hope for lowbie PvP.

Doing lowbie PvP now is just as boring as doing space missions. Is there any point in suffering in lowbie PvP except for maybe trying to keep valor level locked? With 1.6 is around the corner getting decent gear for 50 PvP will be quite fast.
then dont do lowbie pvp? or would you like someone to hand you a baby bottle after you QQ all over the pvp forum?

i've done lowbie pvp since f2p and it's the same as it ever was. OP, you just want to have an EXCUSE so you dont have to admit you suck at pvp

Zeaza
11.23.2012 , 05:37 PM | #28
Im just going deathmatch in lowbie pvp now, there is no point in trying for the objective since free to play.
its that bad.

Theodulus
11.23.2012 , 06:00 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by FourTwent View Post
then doing do lowbie pvp?
What?
Quote: Originally Posted by FourTwent View Post
i've done lowbie pvp since f2p and it's the same as it ever was. OP, you just want to have an EXCUSE so you dont have to admit you suck at pvp
I can't even see how you didn't notice that either your own team sucks beyond imagination or that your opposition may be the worst group of PvPers you ever met. The average skill level is unbelievably bad. It might be a server thing since ToFN lowbie PvP is horrible right now. My guess is that you enjoy the new low skill level PvP so you can shine in no effort death matches.

Vgbeee
11.25.2012 , 01:42 PM | #30
I agree. How dare these new players not intricate knowledge of the game and group strategy/communication.