Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What's the deal with Section X dailies?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What's the deal with Section X dailies?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Thyferra
11.30.2012 , 06:26 AM | #71
I hear so many people say that the dailys are hard.
I think the difficulty of the quests and the objectives are in line with everything else.

But the zone got such a high mob desity that it takes you close to forever to get where you need to go.
Oh and on the imp side the launch keys are a big problem.

Just remove like 30% of the trash (give us a way to reach the quest objectives without fighting every few seconds) and let other mobs drop the launch keys. After that the zone is fine.

AllisonBerryman
11.30.2012 , 11:25 AM | #72 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey everyone! Thanks for posting your feedback on the new Section X dailies!

For those frustrated with the drop rate of the Airstrike Codes, you'll be pleased to know that we plan to make them a guaranteed drop in an upcoming patch.

We're definitely watching your feedback on these missions, so please let us know what you think (and, of course, if you encounter any bugs or issues).

Izorii
11.30.2012 , 11:42 AM | #73
Thought I had posted on this thread must be another one about section X. Personaly I dont mind the dailys too much I agree the reward does not equal effort especially against black hole.

However its the 4 man heroic that gets me. It may be a lot harder that the Black hole one but I got right to the end with 1 friend and our compaions and then found could not complete it, When we are always being told compaions allow you to play 4 man missions when you cant find a healer to find out thats not true.

Jenovan
11.30.2012 , 12:33 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
For those frustrated with the drop rate of the Airstrike Codes, you'll be pleased to know that we plan to make them a guaranteed drop in an upcoming patch.
Thank you, thank you, thank you. It's hard enough finding the guys who drop them still alive for you to kill; the possibility that they don't even drop the codes is hair-pulling-worthy.
Ebon Hawk * The Thirteenth Legion * RP/Social/Casual
Kjara | Avidior | Mizret | Ysmena
Forging Fortune * Aviditas

ramseyw
11.30.2012 , 12:56 PM | #75
Yeah Section X would be great if it all worked, the air strike code drop rate is horrible, so I'm glad to hear its being fixed should have been fixed in the first patch but better sooner than later, it took you guys forever to up the respawn time on the boxes in the black hole, that mission is a pain as it is now and ill only do it for the weekly till its fixed, and speaking of the weekly, I so enjoyed not being able to complete mine last week because of the march of the dread guard mission not being able to be completed FOR THE WHOLE WEEK on my server, the leader were not able to be freed, this week only two of the leaders were not bugged so i was able to swoop in and finish my weekly and i wont be back till next week when i hope to see a patch note about it instead of a load cartel market fixes that break companions.

Orlesian
11.30.2012 , 01:10 PM | #76
Thank you Allison for letting us now! It is really needed.
❤ Please make Talos Drellik a romance option for female Inquisitors ❤
Red Eclipse

bahdasz
11.30.2012 , 01:26 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Hey everyone! Thanks for posting your feedback on the new Section X dailies!

We're definitely watching your feedback on these missions, so please let us know what you think (and, of course, if you encounter any bugs or issues).
OMG, could you maybe add a couple more mobs and speed up the respawn timers... this one little bit does nothing to address the true poor design issues of this quest.

And, since you're "definitely watching your feedback" could you maybe in future daily areas consider not packing a dump truck load of content into a sardine can? You have all that dead area with yellow lizards running around, and pack all of the content in 2 corners, what are you thinking?

Reissin
11.30.2012 , 01:36 PM | #78
I'm curious, since nobody ever brings it up. Am I the only one who has this issue?

On rep-side during the quest The Dread Guard, as part of a multi-stage bonus-series, the player is supposed to collect 10 of some item looted from standard mobs encountered in the quest area, then destroy 10 droids scattered there, then kill 3 elites found towards the later quest part and finally kill a elite droid.

First time I did this everything worked as intended, however, with every one of my 4 republic chars, when I picked the quest the following day I was immediately set to the final stage of the quest, i.e. kill the droid. After doing so the quest does not advance normally, but resets to stage 1. If I abandon the bonus-quest and try to get it normally, after looting just 1 of the 10 items required in stage 1, I immediately advance to stage 2, which works as intended, but after completing the final stage nothing happens and I am not sent to the mission drop box for reward.

The only thing that works so far for me is to accept the quest from the mission box, wait till I get the bonus-series at final stage (typically 5 seconds), abandon - in order - the bonus series, then the actual quest and finally accept it again from the box. It seems the quest can be normally completed then.

Back to my initial question : does anyone have the same problem?

RazielHex
11.30.2012 , 03:40 PM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by natashina View Post
They broke the Dread Lords quest where you have to deshackle prisoners and tribe leaders. I spent the better part of a 1/2 hour before I looked it up. This happened the day I tried the quest. I know that was just poor timing on my part.
This is a lie.

Why would you lie to complete strangers like that?

Fireswraith
11.30.2012 , 04:07 PM | #80
I don't mind the increased toughness of Section X. I can solo 95% of the Heroic 4, excluding the required clickies, so I'm happy.