Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What's the deal with Section X dailies?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What's the deal with Section X dailies?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lium
11.22.2012 , 01:37 PM | #1
They seem disproportionately difficult. Not to mention absolutely crowded with mobs everywhere you turn. All with insane respawn rates. I've only been 50 for a couple weeks so my gear isn't the best, but I can do most hard modes and all the Black Hole dailies without any trouble.

But Section X just seems unusually hard. Is this because BW figured that by now everyone would have really good gear? And the reason for the high respawn rates and crowding mobs because they figured the zone would be packed with players fighting over mobs?

Either way I don't find them all that fun. They seem like a difficult chore.

venomlash
11.22.2012 , 01:40 PM | #2
I like the increased difficulty. The dailies there drop 3 comms at a time, or thereabouts, and a higher return should require a higher combination of skill and gearing.
Quote: Originally Posted by MichelleArcher View Post
Hey there, all! This thread has passed the dreaded 1,000 post limit, and is now in fire. Thanks for the fun, but we feel this discussion as run its course. We will not be restarting this thread.
Jarrant Gartin, Gunnery Commando, Spark of Hope, Begeren Colony

AidanLightwalker
11.22.2012 , 01:45 PM | #3
Thry are fine. They are a little more challenging but that's okay. If you aren't geared enough for them, there is 3 other daily zones you can work on till your gear builds up enough to tackle the zone.

And the respawn rate is just fine as well. With people in and out of the zone, there is nothing worse than slow respawns. To slow and people complain they are sitting around and waiting on spawns, to fast and we get threads like this....
Even the smallest of light sources can light up the darkness.
Nyren - Combat Sentinel Ewenn - Shield Vanguard
Kyrenn - Scoundrel SawbonesSyrenn - Telekinetics Sage

amnie
11.22.2012 , 01:46 PM | #4
section x is perfect the way it is, especially on a pvp server. it's immense fun

DeadManINC
11.22.2012 , 01:48 PM | #5
A buddy and I ran these new dailies yesterday and never again what a pain in the A for the little you get. I had heard they sucked form another thread on here so I would not go solo and yea it lived up to the hype, waste of time for what you get.

Nyysjan
11.22.2012 , 01:54 PM | #6
Only problem with the section X dailies is the one where you need the 3 target thingies, few mobs, random drops, and plenty of people killing them, you can easily en up spending 30 minutes to an hour in there if you're unlucky (or more, as happened to me).

The increased difficulty is just fine as it gives more comms as a reward (might want to up the credit reward though).
Quote: Originally Posted by CloudKiller View Post
Agent: "If you want a door smashed down call a Sith Warrior, if you want a door blow to pieces call a Bounty Hunter, if you want the key to the door and the knowledge of what lies beyond it then you call me."

bahdasz
11.22.2012 , 02:08 PM | #7
Not enough of essential spawns, cramped among too many other junk spawns, with WAY TOO SLOW respawn rate and way too low mission loot drop rate.

Final analysis: Crap design, will not be going back, move along.

I am glad that everyone else feel it's necessary to do these now though, a lot less people spawn camping and kill stealing in the other daily areas now

Lium
11.22.2012 , 02:34 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by DeadManINC View Post
A buddy and I ran these new dailies yesterday and never again what a pain in the A for the little you get. I had heard they sucked form another thread on here so I would not go solo and yea it lived up to the hype, waste of time for what you get.
This.

DarthZak
11.22.2012 , 02:37 PM | #9
When they fix the server lag I think this is amazing!

Is it hard? Yes! Thats the fun part! I can solo everything in my Campaign geared Sent but I know I have to actually put effort into it unlike Black Hole which has become routine as hell.

Dont complain its too hard, you wont get better at playing if they dont push you
The Peacecraft Legacy
Elycia , Mariemaia , Minagoroshi

ibervang
11.22.2012 , 02:38 PM | #10
After about 3 times there, i had enough of the area, now i will only do it for weekly. Way to many mobs (which i also see other places, but this place is even worse), so its a pain trying to go from Q to Q. I hate it, there and when im leveling an alt, that i constantly get blasted of my speeder, just trying to do my *********** Q's.
And the drop rate on those Air strike codes is a joke, there is like 7 mobs in there, and they seem to have a drop rate of 10%?... I hope they fire the retard the retard that made the decissions for that area, because if that is the **** you will keep adding, i dont see the game last.
*sigh*