Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Armstech? When will it receive love?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Armstech? When will it receive love?

MishraArtificer
11.24.2012 , 02:16 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Theodulus View Post
I will know kindly crash the market on ToFN I just wish there was something useful to do with my leftover grade 6 investigation materials. I have over 1k ultrachrome and probably over 2k of the blue quality material.
I'll take it! Are you on Jedi Covenant?

I've ended up making Ten-Kilometer Killers for people to use on their HK-51s for the last few days, as I have no other real use of the Biometric Crystal Alloy I have leftover otherwise.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
Twiki (with or without Dr. Theopolis), Muffet, and Wesley Crusher could form a boy band and do a Buck Rogers/BSG/Trek crossover tour, then crash on a remote asteroid, meet up with Doctoor Zee, and save themselves by making a spaceship out of random Cylon debris... and it would still be much less stupid than Jar Jar.
Behold...my referral link!

Sarenne
11.25.2012 , 04:06 AM | #12
I agree, armstech needs love bad.. a mainhand weapon is the reward for completing capital city class quest so we all have it ~ level 16-18.. and it's an orange so yeah, done. Companion weapons are mission rewards (also moddable at later levels) and many offhands are easily obtainable through FPs. Yes we can make augments (overkill, the rest are essentially unprofitable) and augment slots (the number of scavanging mats to make an armstech item for RE is insane - there's no way we can compete with armormechs or synthweavers that way). I too have a cargo bay full of investigation mats and I've been vendoring the investigation mission discoveries for months, no more room in the hold. The solution? idk ... What I'd like? Moddable vibroknife schematics and enriched durasteel as investigation drops would give us a nice bump ...

Hekatai
11.25.2012 , 04:22 PM | #13
My tiny level 18 armstech, with two companions,is actually financing my game. It is all to do with finding your niche on your server, and about knowing what is actually useful for other players. Have you actually analyzed what all the stuff you can make is for? And I am not talking the level 48-50 purples only. I have a steady sale there, but I sell out everything, I mean everything I make from level 8 and upwards, blue items with good stats. My main problem with this character is getting enough scavenging mats to make all the stuff, I sometimes wish I would take the time to speed level her to get more companions.

There are thousands on each server, each with up to five companions that either tank, heal or do dps. We make the best in slot main hand and/or off-hand for both players and companions, or near enough that it doesn't matter. Once I figured out which secondary stat to get with reverse engineering for the specific item I was good to go. All this information is readily available. Make strength defense mainhands for Khem Val, make aim defense mainhands for Corso Riggs, Qyzen, make guns, make vibroknives. Everything you can make is in the game for a reason, someone needs it! And they are many, and they are not being supplied because armstech's are few and don't know their market.

Selling blue weapons for 3-7 times the suggested price makes me a killing when I need cash. I spend a few minutes daily on this character. I make 10 items, I collect cash, post what I have made and repost what has been selling slowly. I try to maintain a range of weapons in my niche at all times. I use price as a wepon to control demand. Since I have a reduced production capacity with only two companions, I rarely go below 4x suggested price. Selling mid-level blues for 15-20k upwards, that they will buy every 5 levels, is a whole lot better than selling one level 50 item only, in competition with the rest and at a higher production cost.

Also, purple lvl 48-50 weapons have rating 124, good for any companion and new level 50, especially with the proper secondary stats. They are on many occations better than moddable ones. Okay, they may have a tiny bit lower base damage, but they have great secondary stats such as accuracy, power, surge, crit, shield, defense. Get the mix right and they will sell. Trust me. I sell purple lvl 48-50's for 50 k a piece, and they sell ok, but not as well as blue levelling items.

And augments, all augments sell, especially power, but also crit and fortitude. And a steady sale of blues is a lot better than a fickle marker for purples. Also here, do not neglect the lvl 8-47 market. Power is arguably better for dps/heal companions than main stat, and yes, people pimp their companions, even with surge and accuracy augments.

There is a huge potential in Armstech, find it and use it!

Splaktar
11.26.2012 , 05:01 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Daystarr View Post
I disagree. I've made millions on Power augments alone. You just need to expand your inventory.
Yes, but do you feel Heroic crafting augments?

Didn't you sign up to be an Armstech in order to craft at least 'impressive' if not 'Heroic' weapons?

Augments put a band-aid on a broken crafting system. It helps, but the root issues remain and BW appears to have no interest in addressing them.
Splaktar - Arsenal Mercenary [50] - Master Armormech (UT/Slicing)
Samas - Engineering Sniper [42] - Armstech (Scavenging/Investigation)
Pak'Cafan - Jedi Covenant

Theodulus
11.27.2012 , 04:04 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by MishraArtificer View Post
I'll take it! Are you on Jedi Covenant?

I've ended up making Ten-Kilometer Killers for people to use on their HK-51s for the last few days, as I have no other real use of the Biometric Crystal Alloy I have leftover otherwise.
Nah I'm on Tomb of Freddon Nadd. Good suggestion for making some change since i picked up a cheap stack of BCA. Still it doesn't require ultrachrome so my stacks of it doesn't decrease. Investigation might be the most useless crew skill ever.