Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Warzone Selector?


Chromedbustop's Avatar


Chromedbustop
11.22.2012 , 03:46 AM | #1
Can we please get a filter option for warzones such as there is for flashpoints?

I hate Huttball, I suck at Huttball. I do more harm than good in Huttball. I don't want to play Huttball! I'm not going to ever get better at it.

I know that we can just leave a warzone and re-queue but it would be nice to not even have huttball, or any particular warzone(s), in the rotation. Since it's been done for the LFG Flashpoint tool, why not Warzones eh?

Doomsdaycomes's Avatar


Doomsdaycomes
11.22.2012 , 03:55 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Chromedbustop View Post
I hate Huttball, I suck at Huttball. I do more harm than good in Huttball. I don't want to play Huttball! I'm not going to ever get better at it.
Found your problem. Stop giving up so easily.

Macroeconomics's Avatar


Macroeconomics
11.22.2012 , 07:52 AM | #3
I don't think subdividing the wz queue further is a good idea. A lot of the servers (numerically probably most of them) have very shallow queues already. And if you allow some teams to specify what matches they will play, they will form specialized team configurations that will be a nightmare when they face teams that aren't specialized. How does it improve overall game experience if a 4 tank, 4 healer team sits in the Huttball queue all day, making that map a disaster for all the other teams? Or if a all stealth team sits on the new Ancient Hypergates wz queue?

Rendolphe's Avatar


Rendolphe
11.22.2012 , 08:12 AM | #4
No selector plz.

WHY ?

First, I remember on my server the ratio of Empire and Rep was 5:1. At that time, Huttball was the only game that you can play between the same faction. A premade that is build up for huttball (Tank Jugg, Sorc healer, Asssins and Mara) could win all WZ just with this. So I'm sure there will be team build only for Huttball and that's gonna suck because they will only play Huttball ...

Second, we have very low waiting queue time because the warzone are random and all people that are queueing can be match. With the selector and 5 WZ map in 1.6, you wlll split you PvP community and the queue time will rise.

Warzone selector ? No thank you. At leastt not for now until we got cross server and more population.
Prophecy of the Five

My Youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/rendolphegamer
My TwitchTV channel : http://www.twitch.tv/rendolphegamer

Beansoup's Avatar


Beansoup
11.22.2012 , 08:57 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Rendolphe View Post
No selector plz.

WHY ?

First, I remember on my server the ratio of Empire and Rep was 5:1. At that time, Huttball was the only game that you can play between the same faction. A premade that is build up for huttball (Tank Jugg, Sorc healer, Asssins and Mara) could win all WZ just with this. So I'm sure there will be team build only for Huttball and that's gonna suck because they will only play Huttball ...

Second, we have very low waiting queue time because the warzone are random and all people that are queueing can be match. With the selector and 5 WZ map in 1.6, you wlll split you PvP community and the queue time will rise.

Warzone selector ? No thank you. At leastt not for now until we got cross server and more population.
What exactly do you think is going to happen when people land on unwanted WZ's? Yes, they willl bail out, which creates even more team imbalance on PUG's due to the revolving door effect.

WZ selector, yes please.

StaticSilence's Avatar


StaticSilence
11.22.2012 , 01:49 PM | #6
Actually, huttball is my favourite. it has the extra layer of sport that makes it fun and different.
-- Guild: Gentlemen Gankers / Server: The Bastion --
Vickers, gunslinger | Deadlyburrito, vanguard | Staticsilence, commando
-- The Speyside Legacy --
"Once more, unto the breach."

DarthSabreth's Avatar


DarthSabreth
11.22.2012 , 02:15 PM | #7
that cant happen for two reasons.

1. there is no cross server que (ROFL @ that) the que times would be horrendous.

2. certain FOTOM classes favor certain WZ's (example HB favors the leaper / glow stick classes not to mention speeders / pullers. voidstar favors the AOE classes, Ect.

if they allowed selective queing then it would pretty much destroy pvping with the class imballance and BW knows this thats why they never implemented this from the begining and added the extra CC to help hinder the imbalance to a degree and try to level the playing feild a bit, now we get to enjoy the new pvp experiance called PVCC!!!
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

Smashbrother's Avatar


Smashbrother
11.22.2012 , 05:53 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Beansoup View Post
What exactly do you think is going to happen when people land on unwanted WZ's? Yes, they willl bail out, which creates even more team imbalance on PUG's due to the revolving door effect.

WZ selector, yes please.
Few people are actually willing to just leave. Personally I hate voidstar, and if they implemented a selector, I would choose never to play it. However, I don't leave VS games when I get them right now. I just le sigh a bit and play.

Chlomamf's Avatar


Chlomamf
11.22.2012 , 06:21 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Chromedbustop View Post
I hate Huttball, I suck at Huttball. I do more harm than good in Huttball. I don't want to play Huttball! I'm not going to ever get better at it

Go roll a Sin/Shadow and try telling me you suck at Huttball. I have a Sin alt and (so long as we're not vsing a good Premade) I tend to score most of our teams points. Just go learn some tactics and you'll do fine.

magi_melcior's Avatar


magi_melcior
11.22.2012 , 06:57 PM | #10
Sorry WZ Selection is never going to happen, end of story.

1. It is supposed to be random, that's how it was designed.
2. If people only queue for their favorite WZ it's going to play merry hell with the matchmaking, you'll get really insanely long waits for WZs because everyone has their own favorite or is queuing a the FOTM that favors 1 particular WZ.

Also why do people always come down so hard on HB? It's a lot of fun and it's the most PuG friendly WZ out there, as it requires the least amount of tactics and co-ordination.

Perhaps t might be possible for premades in ranked WZs to choose their battles but not regular WZs and solo queuers.
ASHES OF THE ORDER THE SITH DIS-ORDER
THE RED ECLIPSE
Visit our website