Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Disappointed by the Mercenary


Brene's Avatar


Brene
12.21.2011 , 08:02 PM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Zolotoya View Post
I think my Galaxies BH has forever ruined the experience here.

The BH was going to be my main in this game to continue my legacy from the other title, but the more i played it, the less and less I felt like a BH from the Star Wars trilogy and more and more something else as seen in books and other things.

As a result, the BH is now my soloist character and project - maybe at 50 I'll rediscover the love I once had, but I no longer have the burning desire to play a BH.

I understand that BH come/came in all different sizes and varieties, however, I feel the BH has gone way over the extreme direction of anti-trilogy -- and some of us really do enjoy the Boba Fett prototype.

Neither the Merc or the Pyrotech gives me that satisfaction and joy I had in Galaxies.
Based on this post I don't think you actually played a BH in SWG.

Skapek-Skocap's Avatar


Skapek-Skocap
12.21.2011 , 10:45 PM | #72
*Tracer Missile*
*Tracer Missile*
*Tracer Missile*
*Tracer Missile*
*Unload*
*DFA*
*Tracer Missile*
*Rocket Punch*
*Tracer Missile*

Rinse and repeat folks.

Idk, I like Arsenal so far in PvP. It's more of an Artillery class. You stand in the back and either Heal from a distance or DPS from a distance. I wish we were a little bit more mobile and had better pistol attacks too. But, I am happy with Merc atm.
Aka'an Tal - The Mandalorians - Bounty Hunter
-- Verda kat'taylir nass be trattok'o - A warrior knows nothing of defeat - Mand'alor the Indomitable --
Arsenal Mercenary - The Best Class in PvP since the Mandalorian Wars
Spoiler

bobafetea's Avatar


bobafetea
12.21.2011 , 11:10 PM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by Skapek-Skocap View Post
*Tracer Missile*
*Tracer Missile*
*Tracer Missile*
*Tracer Missile*
*Unload*
*DFA*
*Tracer Missile*
*Rocket Punch*
*Tracer Missile*

Rinse and repeat folks.

Idk, I like Arsenal so far in PvP. It's more of an Artillery class. You stand in the back and either Heal from a distance or DPS from a distance. I wish we were a little bit more mobile and had better pistol attacks too. But, I am happy with Merc atm.
You're forgetting railshot, power shot, electro dart, jet boost, and definitely hs missiles
"I see why they call you the best bounty hunter in the galaxy." ― Darth Vader
"Curse Fett! He thinks he's real smart." "He is smart, Bossk. That's why he's the best."

Tinymonky's Avatar


Tinymonky
12.22.2011 , 01:28 AM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by bobafetea View Post
You're forgetting railshot, power shot, electro dart, jet boost, and definitely hs missiles
You are wrong TRACER replaces Power shot,

Rail shot is on par with Tracer shot damage they are interchangeable good as a finisher when someone is low on health. Railshot is dodgeable/miss Tracer missile is not. Why waste 300 stat points on accuracy when you can use it to up straight damage or crit.

Jet boost is not a DPS ability its for control.

Electro dart is a CC not DPS.

i will give u HS and HS is arguably a better finisher then railshot.

Auilt's Avatar


Auilt
12.22.2011 , 03:14 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Tinymonky View Post
You are wrong TRACER replaces Power shot,

Rail shot is on par with Tracer shot damage they are interchangeable good as a finisher when someone is low on health. Railshot is dodgeable/miss Tracer missile is not. Why waste 300 stat points on accuracy when you can use it to up straight damage or crit.

Jet boost is not a DPS ability its for control.

Electro dart is a CC not DPS.

i will give u HS and HS is arguably a better finisher then railshot.
HS isn't arguably better, it is better. Assuming 5 stacks of the buff/debuff, HS > Rail Shot. But there's no real need to choose between the two. I usually hit one right after the other. More often than not, TM>TM>TM>Unload>HS>RS = death, depending on crits.

At any rate, I don't use Power Shot very often. While it does comparable damage to TM, PS can miss. I find it easier to just use TM for the near-guaranteed hit. I don't recall ever seeing it resisted in PvP at least. I have enough accuracy through gear that the main-hand PS never misses, but the offhand does which puts PS < TM.

Either way, it doesn't matter if Jet Boost/Electro Dart are not DPS abilities, they are still abilities that get used frequently in PvP and nearly on cooldown if you are playing right.

The point here is that Mercenary does not stand there and spam TM over and over like some seem to think it does. Yes, the ability plays a large role in more than one spec, but it is not quite what people think it is. Not at 50 and not played correctly, anyway.

Skapek-Skocap's Avatar


Skapek-Skocap
12.22.2011 , 03:22 PM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by bobafetea View Post
You're forgetting railshot, power shot, electro dart, jet boost, and definitely hs missiles
Obviously, and I use them also.


I'm just saying, most of the time in PvP or PvE I end up using Tracer because it outdamages all of the other attacks, puts an armor debuff on them, and the heat is considerably less than Power Shot and HS Missiles.

Based on what the OP said, the Merc class was to be known as the Duel Pistol wielding and gunslinging class. Not a missile and explosion type one... That's all I'm saying.
Aka'an Tal - The Mandalorians - Bounty Hunter
-- Verda kat'taylir nass be trattok'o - A warrior knows nothing of defeat - Mand'alor the Indomitable --
Arsenal Mercenary - The Best Class in PvP since the Mandalorian Wars
Spoiler

PirateMouse's Avatar


PirateMouse
12.22.2011 , 03:34 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by Skapek-Skocap View Post
Obviously, and I use them also.


I'm just saying, most of the time in PvP or PvE I end up using Tracer because it outdamages all of the other attacks, puts an armor debuff on them, and the heat is considerably less than Power Shot and HS Missiles.

Based on what the OP said, the Merc class was to be known as the Duel Pistol wielding and gunslinging class. Not a missile and explosion type one... That's all I'm saying.
Yup. Really that's all I was saying, too. That's why all the posts about PvP and PvE viability are eyeroll-inducing for me; I never said the class doesn't function. I'm just talking about flavor really.

bobafetea's Avatar


bobafetea
12.22.2011 , 03:42 PM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by Tinymonky View Post
You are wrong TRACER replaces Power shot,

Rail shot is on par with Tracer shot damage they are interchangeable good as a finisher when someone is low on health. Railshot is dodgeable/miss Tracer missile is not. Why waste 300 stat points on accuracy when you can use it to up straight damage or crit.

Jet boost is not a DPS ability its for control.

Electro dart is a CC not DPS.

i will give u HS and HS is arguably a better finisher then railshot.
You're forgetting about Tracer Lock which increases the damage of Rail Shot. And the reason you should stack accuracy is because it increases armor penetration. Another move that uses the off-hand is Unload which would hit better.

So, it should be TM-TM-TM-HS-TM-TM-RS Maybe throw in an Unload at the end if they're still ailve
"I see why they call you the best bounty hunter in the galaxy." ― Darth Vader
"Curse Fett! He thinks he's real smart." "He is smart, Bossk. That's why he's the best."

Albinosmurf's Avatar


Albinosmurf
12.23.2011 , 01:57 AM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by PirateMouse View Post
Thanks for being perhaps the only person who didn't emphatically agree with me who also apparently actually read and understood my post. After pages of eyeroll-inducing posts written by people who either did not read my first post or made no real attempt to understand my point, it was good to finally see someone "get" it.

Aside, of course, from those who had the same feeling and just posted to say "I agree." Lots of those, I noticed.

Yes, my point was that the second pistol is largely superfluous, and the only spec that makes it less so (Pyrotech) appears to be relatively underpowered and a bit underwhelming in general. There's nothing about Mercenary that makes dual-wielding special ... as opposed to, say, Gunslinger, which has plenty that does.

But yeah, just to clarify, for all of the people who apparently didn't read my original post and understand it? Which seems to be most of you, judging from the responses? I went Powertech, guys. Powertech. I'm a Powertech, so it's all good. I took proactive measures to ensure I'd be able to enjoy myself before I ever posted this. Doin' fine, thanks.

It really was just a post to give a little feedback. No advice needed, and I'm quite happy right now with my Powertech, thank you. Judging by how many posted just to say they agree with me, it's clearly not that uncommon an opinion in any case.
The glaring flaw with your post is its built on an assumption with no evidence but other peoples opinions behind it. Its no wonder people replying dont take you seriously. Your regurgitating other players experiences paraphrased and then using that as your evidence. The big flaw is the assumption: pyrotech is underpowered compared to arsenal. The personal opinion of BH's that think that is easily explained by the different type of dps pyrotech does and how that can appear to be less if your just watching numbers since we have no combat logs to analyzed.