Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Disappointed by the Mercenary

apewty
12.20.2011 , 08:41 AM | #21
I'm thinking that you're focusing on one target too much. Granted there are times you have to watch aggro, but your spammable AOE is a blaster skill and your heat controlling rotation includes blasters. There is even a strategy on some of the tougher bosses to use hammer shot while using your heat to heal while your companion does the heavy lifting. I guess what I am saying is that you appear to be backing yourself into a corner. It's true that tracer missile is a missle and it is intended to be spammed but only against a single target and you're not always in that position. Even when you are, heat is an issue and requires blaster fire to control.
Order requires strength.

Mobiwang
12.20.2011 , 08:42 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by mrmojoz View Post
Considering unload is part of the rotation and rapid shots is the default heat dump, I don't think the OP has a clue.
+1

tracer, tracer, rapid, unload, rapid, rapid, tracer, tracer, rail. unload whenever it procs and i have the heat to spare (or vent is off cd). I'm not saying thats the best rotation out there (I havent done nearly enough math and with no combat log parses, its all but impossible to theorycraft), but less than half of your rotation seems to use missles.

Its much more than "being bent over all the time." If you're not seeing that, you're not playing it nearly to its full potential.

ZaOniTenshu
12.20.2011 , 08:46 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Mobiwang View Post
+1

tracer, tracer, rapid, unload, rapid, rapid, tracer, tracer, rail. unload whenever it procs and i have the heat to spare (or vent is off cd). I'm not saying thats the best rotation out there (I havent done nearly enough math and with no combat log parses, its all but impossible to theorycraft), but less than half of your rotation seems to use missles.

Its much more than "being bent over all the time." If you're not seeing that, you're not playing it nearly to its full potential.
My rotation is

TMX3 (or till signature is at 5)
Rail
Unload
Rapid
Reapeat

I never have a problem with Heat doing this and if I need to use another skill out of the moment or something unexpected I will vent after or when needed and repeat.

Tewnam
12.20.2011 , 08:47 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Zolotoya View Post
I think my Galaxies BH has forever ruined the experience here.

The BH was going to be my main in this game to continue my legacy from the other title, but the more i played it, the less and less I felt like a BH from the Star Wars trilogy and more and more something else as seen in books and other things.

As a result, the BH is now my soloist character and project - maybe at 50 I'll rediscover the love I once had, but I no longer have the burning desire to play a BH.

I understand that BH come/came in all different sizes and varieties, however, I feel the BH has gone way over the extreme direction of anti-trilogy -- and some of us really do enjoy the Boba Fett prototype.

Neither the Merc or the Pyrotech gives me that satisfaction and joy I had in Galaxies.
How is it anti-trilogy? Mandalorians, and the Fetts specifically, were loaded down with weapons of all types and used whatever was best at the moment. They didn't just run around shooting their blasters and nothing else. Blasters, flamethrowers, hand missiles, darts, rockets, whatever they could.

Mobiwang
12.20.2011 , 08:53 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by ZaOniTenshu View Post
My rotation is

TMX3 (or till signature is at 5)
Rail
Unload
Rapid
Reapeat

I never have a problem with Heat doing this and if I need to use another skill out of the moment or something unexpected I will vent after or when needed and repeat.
Fairly close. Once you get the 33% bonus to unload, its probably the best damage/heat ability you get bar heatseeker. Oh, and only 1 tracer after rail for me. So long as Im not chaining skills like that for a minute+ (with no rapids inbetween) and I get a couple good crits on tracer, heat's hardly an issue for me either.

And considering I have 33% crit when buffed, I crit tracer a lot.

BradFett
12.20.2011 , 08:57 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoream View Post
Im also very dissapointed in mercenary, I top damage meters in battlegrounds but one on one with most classes i die
Really? How's your gear?

I have no issues 1v1.
Deltron ThunderforceBH Mercenary Iron Citadel
<Black Templars>
"Runnin amuck with technology with no apology"

Kerbowa
12.20.2011 , 09:14 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by PirateMouse View Post
I have to say, I really am.

I can remember thinking Merc was the way I'd want to go because hey, guns akimbo goodness! Right?

Except the "guns" barely matter. You're basically either ARSEnal, and you spend all of your time bent over spamming missiles from your back, or you're a healer, and all you do is spam heals.

Or you go Pyrotech, and you're sort of supposedly a little more mobile than the Arsenal spec, but you're still basically just a turret with minimal kiting ability and CC when it comes down to it, only now you have less dps, too. I could be mistaken, but it seems to me that pretty much anything a Pyrotech Mercenary can do, a Gunslinger can do better.

It just seems kind of strange to have "look, you get dual pistols!" as a defining feature of the Mercenary, and then you're basically never actually using your pistols.

That's why I wound up going Powertech in the end. If blaster pistols are sort of just barely even incidental to Bounty Hunters most of the time, then the lure of being able to dual wield them is sort of meaningless.

Just my two cents'.
Agree. They should have replaced tracer missle with some gun ability that does the same thing. It would have made perfect sense to make the merc pyro missles and the merc arse (hehe) guns.
"Oh I'll take your bribe...if you pay me first" -anonymous Bounty Hunter

Delove
12.20.2011 , 10:17 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by BradFett View Post
Really? How's your gear?

I have no issues 1v1.
I have no issues 1v1 either pwn people 1v1 he must just be spamming any ability lol

I start with fusion missle pop on a sticky bomb and tracer tracer rail and dead they be hehe

ZaOniTenshu
12.20.2011 , 10:34 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Kerbowa View Post
Agree. They should have replaced tracer missle with some gun ability that does the same thing. It would have made perfect sense to make the merc pyro missles and the merc arse (hehe) guns.
Arsenal refers to a collection of weapons NOT just blasters. Tracer Missile is in Arsenal makes PERFECT sense. Pyro refers to fire which is more specific.

Stop complaining and use logic please.

Damarak
12.20.2011 , 10:45 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Mobiwang View Post
Fairly close. Once you get the 33% bonus to unload, its probably the best damage/heat ability you get bar heatseeker. Oh, and only 1 tracer after rail for me. So long as Im not chaining skills like that for a minute+ (with no rapids inbetween) and I get a couple good crits on tracer, heat's hardly an issue for me either.

And considering I have 33% crit when buffed, I crit tracer a lot.
I call BS here.

I'm lvl 25 with the "average" equipment, my ranged crit % is like 13, and my tech crit, if I stop using the 35% armor pen canister, and add 3% from the arsenal skill, is like 16%

how do you manage to more than double those %?

Our skills are 50/50 tech/ranged, so its pretty damn hard to get that much crit unless you just try and stack 1 of them.