Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Disappointed by the Mercenary

atreyuz
12.20.2011 , 06:14 AM | #11
and that's exactly why I went Powertech over merc
ZD ☺ Marauder ☺ r7x ☺

Legions of Lettow

Baleur
12.20.2011 , 06:40 AM | #12
I agree, but i do use the blasters alot, i use Power Shot mainly and it works well as a replacement for missiles.
I must say though, it is still dull as you said to have dual blasters and your main attack is a sloooooow charge 2 bolts of energy...

I also expected way more, i expected blaster bolts to be flying all across the room, maybe low damage per hit but massive rate of fire being laid down on the enemy. Needless to say, while i did learn to enjoy it somewhat, it is NOT what i hoped for.

But then again it is the same with the Trooper i think, i expected the big assault cannon guy to be like a maniac machine gunner, but it seems it is more of a healer TF2 style and lobbing grenades, again.

I hope Bioware is not completely disregarding class rebalances or redesigns at some point in the future.

Gunthr
12.20.2011 , 06:48 AM | #13
Op basicly says that he want's to see more blasters, less rockets. Did I get it ?

So this are pure "bolter" using skills:
Unload
Power Shot,
Sweeping Strikes
basic attack (which we use all the time becouse of heat system).

Enough IMHO, but thats my opinion, we are heavy walking tanks using rockets, rails and torching everything, not gunslingers (they are on republic side) ;]

Anyway, its totally possible to spec to use those pure blaster skills in main dps rotation if U want (deep arsenal, some pyro+bodyguard).
(I use power shot as my main burst ability, it doesnt overheat me like tracer. )

Mercenary ftw!
Cheers ;]

NinjaTriForce
12.20.2011 , 06:49 AM | #14
I'm kind of in this group too. I went Mercenary as I played a tank in previous MMO's and fancied a change (so didn't go Powertech). I don't like the idea of healing as I'm not efficient at keeping myself alive as it is never mind other people, so mainly specing Arsenal seemed like the way to go.

I'm only a couple levels into being a Merc so I have a lot left to experience, it just isn't "as good" as I was hoping it was going to be. In fact I really wish I had went Powertech.

Still I'm enjoying playing the game so I'll stick with it.

Zolotoya
12.20.2011 , 06:59 AM | #15
I think my Galaxies BH has forever ruined the experience here.

The BH was going to be my main in this game to continue my legacy from the other title, but the more i played it, the less and less I felt like a BH from the Star Wars trilogy and more and more something else as seen in books and other things.

As a result, the BH is now my soloist character and project - maybe at 50 I'll rediscover the love I once had, but I no longer have the burning desire to play a BH.

I understand that BH come/came in all different sizes and varieties, however, I feel the BH has gone way over the extreme direction of anti-trilogy -- and some of us really do enjoy the Boba Fett prototype.

Neither the Merc or the Pyrotech gives me that satisfaction and joy I had in Galaxies.

ZaOniTenshu
12.20.2011 , 07:08 AM | #16
How about you stop complaining on a forum where very few people care and will only suggest you make a new character and go make a new character.

Also its no different than most MMO's you use the skills your given and use the best ones and to be honest if your not using your blasters your doing something wrong. In the rotation you use [Unload] which is a barrage of blasters and even [Rapid Shots] to help control your heat level.

ChemicalReaction
12.20.2011 , 07:37 AM | #17
Improve Heatseeker animation
Improve offhand pistol damage output (its so low extra its nearly pointless)
May the Force be with you!

Raetheon
12.20.2011 , 08:15 AM | #18
I am currently 25, and I love my merc. The dps rotation isnt all that, but I love the survivability, love it in pvp. Full on Arsenal so far and its a blast (hah im funny).

mrmojoz
12.20.2011 , 08:33 AM | #19
Considering unload is part of the rotation and rapid shots is the default heat dump, I don't think the OP has a clue.

ZaOniTenshu
12.20.2011 , 08:34 AM | #20
^---Couldnt have said it better myself.