Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

IF you are a Jedi Knight or a Sith Warrior you are expected to carry the team.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
IF you are a Jedi Knight or a Sith Warrior you are expected to carry the team.

Creror
11.22.2012 , 07:41 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by NathanielStarr View Post
You should be able to hold off multiple enemies while protecting a node alone, at least long enough for help to arrive when you call for it.
Check.

You should be able to kill any other non Jedi Knight/SIth Warrior class in one on one, at least most of the time.
Hm ... I only have Battlemaster Gear right now but can hold myself against War Hero geared playxers, so let's say: Check.

You should be able to get within the top 3 damage on your team.
Non-Check, I play as Tank im PvP.

You should have the fewest deaths on your team
Non-Check, as I shield my Team-members with Guard, I soak up tons of damage, which results often in a death from my side, when the healer's busy keeping our damage dealers alive.

If you are not able to do this with a Jedi Knight or Sith Marauder you need to L2P
So I need to half-way need to L2P.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ashaari View Post
And in return you get the most comms and MVP votes.
The healers on the other hand get the least comms and, at least sub 50, get the least MVP as well.
I'm really on the wrong server then ... The MVPs I ever see, are never awared to the Tank, DD or objective-player, but to the afk-healer that comboed him-/herself with "noble sacrifice/consumption + heal" to over ~400.000 points...

NathanielStarr
11.22.2012 , 11:23 PM | #12
Who would agree that if a team was equal in gear and skill the team with the more Jedi Knights/Sith Warriors would win?

Hambunctious
11.22.2012 , 11:39 PM | #13
Who would agree that if a team was equal in gear and skill the team with the more Jedi Knights/Sith Warriors would win?
It depends on the map, and if they're all smash spec.

vimm
11.22.2012 , 11:47 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlanon View Post
Huttball teams love me, and my damage/kills are among the lowest in the group
Dem objective points!
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

PoliteAssasin
11.23.2012 , 12:18 AM | #15
Now this is beginning to start like a QQ thread. I see where this is going..
Manager of Basic Skills For A Better Society. We hand out <basic skill stim>s in PVP to those in need. A donation of 1000 credits can help maintain the basic skills of 10 players for a day. Thousands of Republic PVPers are in dire need of these stims. Head to your local Pub Fleet and donate now!

KiranK
11.23.2012 , 12:22 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Hambunctious View Post
It depends on the map, and if they're all smash spec.
No true. If none were Carnage/Combat spec, how would everyone complain about being perma-rooted with no resolve filling up?
There's no QQing in baseball.

Safgril
11.23.2012 , 12:31 AM | #17
love the sarcasm OP... wonderfully said.... this thread is perfect for the fact that juggs/guards are way OP then they use to.

WHAT WERE YOU THINKING BIOWARE buffing them up... you took away relic buffs and adrenals.... with the excuse of taking away the once in awhile burst...

then you OVERBUFF and give them that SAME BURST permanently.

5000+, 6000+ and 7000+ from smash. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU BIOWARE. you get 2 juggs and a maurader training everybody... nobody is gonna be left standing with that much damage. Whats even worse... ITS AOE...

LOL you made an AOE damage do way more then a single shot... dont you guys know how to balance a damn game.
OIJ - Operation Infinite Justice (est. since SWG)

Bioware, The one's who come to the forums are the very few. Send an ingame vote before making big changes on the game.

NogueiraA
11.23.2012 , 12:39 AM | #18
I'm leveling my Jedi Guardian, lvl 48... I was on Novare Coast.

All my team, I said ALL, went to west and they were all there, when I died on south alone, I saw everyone in the same node not trying to cap at least east..
I quit.

Luxidenstore
11.23.2012 , 12:39 AM | #19
Yes you should be able to carry the team even if you are a Juggernaut, Marauder, Jedi Guardian or Sentinel because you have so many tools at your disposal to handle every situation.

You should be able to hold off multiple enemies while protecting a node alone, at least long enough for help to arrive when you call for it.

You should be able to kill any other non Jedi Knight/SIth Warrior class in one on one, at least most of the time.

You should be able to get within the top 3 damage on your team

You should have the fewest deaths on your team

You should be able to get within the top 3 number of kills on your team

If you are not able to do this with a Jedi Knight or Sith Marauder you need to L2P

This includes any level within pre-50 PvP and unless you are against all other Jedi Knights/Sith Warriors then you should for the most part outshine the rest of the classes. Most people do out perform all but the very best players on the other classes. An average Sith Warrior/Jedi Knight is almost equal to a good of any other class with the possible exception of Powertech.
I actually agree that Guardians/Juggs and Sents/Maras are in a stupidly good position atm, having one of each at 50 myself I especially feel I bring so much to the table as a Marauder. One thing I disagree with though, is that they're that strong at the lower levels. Actually if I see a Sent/Marauder on either of my lower level characters, I pretty much consider him a free kill. I might just fight very bad maras and sents, but I soo love going against them pre-50.
http://www.swtor.com/r/PMZhvb

Use this link to get 7 days of sub, plus prefered friends bundle.

mdtk
11.23.2012 , 12:53 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Luxidenstore View Post
I actually agree that Guardians/Juggs and Sents/Maras are in a stupidly good position atm, having one of each at 50 myself I especially feel I bring so much to the table as a Marauder. One thing I disagree with though, is that they're that strong at the lower levels. Actually if I see a Sent/Marauder on either of my lower level characters, I pretty much consider him a free kill. I might just fight very bad maras and sents, but I soo love going against them pre-50.
So true they are easy to kill pre 50 while commandos are gods (atleast on Gav Daragon)
Gav Daragon-a server united
http://gav-daragon.enjin.com/
Mdt40k-proving a commando will make a difference:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mdt40k?feature=mhee