Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Directive 7 - stop interrupting the claw!

Dacce
11.22.2012 , 10:59 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Eternalnight View Post
Why would you want to target it?
Just forget normal taunt.
Run near it and AOE taunt.
Can stay targetted on whatever you were targeting before it appeared the whole time.
You realise that Powertech's have a "Targeted" AOE Taunt not a "Everything in the general area" AOE Taunt? I think you need to know other classes before telling then to L2P.
Visage - Dace - Fat'Clam - Fistula - Shimini - Malikada

snowmon
11.23.2012 , 03:03 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Eternalnight View Post
Why would you want to target it?
Just forget normal taunt.
Run near it and AOE taunt.
seems someone dont understand how taunts work o.0
lvl 55 PT DPS, ToFN Server

StarWarsWoox
11.23.2012 , 03:39 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by snowmon View Post
personally i just look up at it slightly, tab target it and CC it...simples.
this is the best way imho
-(Austin) Woox (50 marauder) @ the Harbinger -

OlosBC
11.23.2012 , 04:22 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by snowmon View Post
seems someone dont understand how taunts work o.0
That's how the jugg/guardian AOE taunt works. It's PB-AOE. I'm not sure about the sin/shadow one.
Olos - 55 Hybrid Powertech
Fonia - 55 Madness Sorceror
<Dark Fury> of Jedi Covenant
Previously Fonia and Daygoru of Tempest server in SWG.

Ms_Sunlight
11.23.2012 , 07:18 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by OlosBC View Post
That's how the jugg/guardian AOE taunt works. It's PB-AOE. I'm not sure about the sin/shadow one.
The shadow multi-target taunt is also player-based AOE. But yeah, using an AOE taunt on the claw is just not going to happen with my Powertech, who is also a tank.

I still think taunting is a suboptimal strategy. Whoever has the claw's attention has to kite, CC or take lots of damage, and neither my PT nor my shadow can CC droids. Why shouldn't that be whoever is targetted rather than adding an extra layer of complication? I like to have both of my taunts to use when the turrets come up anyway as they do massive unavoidable damage if they latch onto the wrong person and you can't get them both with one taunt.
Carilie - Scoundrel // Dastelen - Shadow // Dras'yra - Sniper // Elonie - Sorcerer // Undali - Powertech
Server: The Red Eclipse // Guild: The Onyx Guard / The Orbital Guard

BanPearson
11.23.2012 , 11:00 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Ms_Sunlight View Post
Anyway, I just thought I'd share this tale of stupidity. Anyone else ever seen someone really, really not get the mechanics of a fight? Maybe if there's someone out there even stupider it'll make me less annoyed!
Yes, I can beat that. KP SM through GF, I join the group at fabricator.
The plan is that I do the puzzle alone, keep myself alive (gunnery commando), and everybody else is down there. But after the fight started, one of the tanks runs up to me. Like a cat with its tail on fire, he runs and jumps around between the consoles and presses the buttons entirely randomly. At first I was very annoyed, but then I saw the challenge. First time that solving Tower of Hanoi was actually fun! Every couple of minutes I was able to fire the right thing anyway, when he got stunned by a droid or pressed the right button by chance, and the tank down there had full campaign gear and survived it.
In the following 2 fights he pulled aggro and broke ALL cc's and re-cc's, but the other tank and the healers saved the day again - not a single wipe in the entire OP.