Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dual blade lightsaber VS Dual lightsabers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Dual blade lightsaber VS Dual lightsabers

Xatasha
11.22.2012 , 09:00 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by wrmrstacrdwower View Post
A Dual Blade Lightsaber can be used as a single blade which gives an advantage over two single blades in a DW stance. The tighter the movements the more positional mobility you can gain drawing out your opponent or forcing them to focus attacks into smaller groups. And smaller attack groups with DW are exceedingly difficult when you have to move defensively.
We are talking light sabers here........flick switch and now I have only one saber.

Always wonder why they never turned them on and off to position better.

wrmrstacrdwower
11.22.2012 , 02:05 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Xatasha View Post
We are talking light sabers here........flick switch and now I have only one saber.

Always wonder why they never turned them on and off to position better.
Maul vs Jinn on Tatooine before he escapes to the ambassadors ship and just before the beginning of the fight with Obiwan and Jinn on Naboo. Its actually shown that the lightsaber operates on a multiple switch capacity.

But to answer the question it would have more to do with continuity then anything else.

And then you have Asajj Ventress using a DW stance as a dual blade against Obiwan in the TCW movie. And a few episodes as well if I remember right.

oilfan
11.23.2012 , 12:21 AM | #13
The thing is with a double bladed lightsaber you have a physiological advantage because of the second blade because most people watch it and the primary blade. but in the words of Dark lord Kas'im weapons master of the sith acadamy in the times of darth Bane "The secret to a double sided lightsaber is that where ever the first blade is the other blade is on the exact opposite side. So if you know were one blade is you know were the other blade is"

EnsignSorrow
11.23.2012 , 03:58 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
Depends on who is using them.
I agree.
"To be Jedi is to face the truth, and choose. Give off light, or darkness, Padawan. Be a candle, or the night, Padawan: but choose!"

fellblade
11.23.2012 , 07:51 AM | #15
Oftentimes it does seem like Dual Blade Wielders were also Skilled in using Dual Lightsabers -
This was the case with Exar Kun, Darth Maul and Blademaster Kas'im
Quote: Originally Posted by Barringer View Post
Tulak Hord is only an unknown because he killed anyone that has ever seen him fight.

MasterMe
11.23.2012 , 08:51 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by oilfan View Post
The thing is with a double bladed lightsaber you have a physiological advantage because of the second blade because most people watch it and the primary blade. but in the words of Dark lord Kas'im weapons master of the sith acadamy in the times of darth Bane "The secret to a double sided lightsaber is that where ever the first blade is the other blade is on the exact opposite side. So if you know were one blade is you know were the other blade is"
Good point. I think I'd give the edge to the dual weilders because they're less predictable.

ToEasy
11.23.2012 , 08:58 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
Depends on who is using them.
This^
"Jedi do not fight for peace. That's only a slogan, and is as misleading as slogans always are. Jedi fight for civilization, because only civilization creates peace. We fight for justice because justice is the fundamental bedrock of civilization: an unjust civilization is built upon sand. It does not long survive a storm." - Mace Windu

BlznSmri
11.23.2012 , 10:29 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
Good point. I think I'd give the edge to the dual weilders because they're less predictable.
I feel the edge would go to the Double Bladed saber because of the control and tight defense. It's difficult to be unpredictable without leaving openings. Openings a tight defense could exploit.
APOSTATES
Website | Recruitment | About Us
Jokerseven - Shadow | Ce'lia - Sentinel
Sentinel PvE Basics/ Marauder PvE Basics

ZoeTuah
11.24.2012 , 07:41 AM | #19
After many duels with lightsaber props, I can confidently say that the double-bladed lightsaber offers no tangible advantage over a single saber, and could be very disadvantageous against dual lightsabers.

It must always be held close to the body to prevent cutting one's self, only one end can be effectively utilized for attack and defense at any given moment, and to flow into using the second blade it frees up the opponent's own saber for use.

What you end up with is a single lightsaber that must be held close at all times.
Any benefits would come from an opponent who doesn't understand this.

MasterMe
11.24.2012 , 08:16 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by ZoeTuah View Post
After many duels with lightsaber props, I can confidently say that the double-bladed lightsaber offers no tangible advantage over a single saber, and could be very disadvantageous against dual lightsabers.

It must always be held close to the body to prevent cutting one's self, only one end can be effectively utilized for attack and defense at any given moment, and to flow into using the second blade it frees up the opponent's own saber for use.

What you end up with is a single lightsaber that must be held close at all times.
Any benefits would come from an opponent who doesn't understand this.
Right. I remember wacking kids to the death with those toys. SO MUCH FUN!!

For a untrained person, a single saber is easily the best. But you have to remember that all Jedi/Sith would spend a lot of time in training.

So, with the proper training, double-bladed lightsabers aren't so disadvantagous.