Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

From Brute to Silly: the Life of Ald

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
From Brute to Silly: the Life of Ald

irishfino
01.14.2013 , 01:15 PM | #71
Waiting

Malavai wasn’t a very intimate man in public. He stayed a respectable distance way, kept his smoldering to himself, and was otherwise a perfect gentleman. This, of course, caused him great difficulties when Ald decided to press him into a dark corner of the Dreadnaught they were touring. He didn’t mind the attention so much as the place. It wasn’t proper.

“I love you, Malavai,” Ald murmured quietly.

Malavai opened his mouth to respond, but found himself breathless as Ald kissed a line across his jaw and down his neck until he was blocked by the collar of his uniform. When he finally gathered his wits about him, Ald had opened his tunic with insistent hands that roamed quite improperly.

“My Lord, if we are spotted,” Malavai said quietly.

“Whoever it is will be utterly shocked, mouth agape and sputtering and then they will leave me to my business,” Ald said as he raised his head. He looked Malavai in the eye and smirked. “I am the Wrath. I am above reproach from the likes of these officers and Sith.”

Malavai licked his lips. “Be that as it may, my Lord, this isn’t proper behavior becoming of a Sith Lord or his officer.”

Ald shook his head then dipped his mouth back to Malavai’s neck. He bit off a terse “My Lord” by sheer force of will as Ald went back to work.

“My Lord,” Malavai said stiffly. He couldn’t help himself, he had to stop this. “You are causing me great difficulty.”

Ald pulled back again, this time taking a step away. “If you want me to stop, just say so,” Ald said evenly.

Malavai straightened his back as he rearranged his clothing to a presentable level. “That is part of the difficulty, my Lord,” he replied stiffly. “While I quite enjoy the physical attention, you are in love with me.”

“I am.”

Malavai shook his head absently. “I can’t.”

“You do.”

“My Lord-”

“I know.” Ald smiled and took a step forward. He purposely undid everything Malavai fixed and grinned. “I’ll keep doing this until you feel comfortable enough to tell me.”

“I won’t,” Malavai insisted.

“You will,” Ald said quietly. He pressed his mouth to Malavai’s ear and spoke softly. “The very moment you do, I will be there listening. Accepting. Loving. I am a very patient man, Malavai.”

“I can’t.”

“You do and I know. Someday, you’ll say it back.”

Malavai swallowed and nodded. “Yes, my Lord.”

“That wasn’t an order, Captain.”

“I know.”
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

iamthehoyden
01.14.2013 , 05:51 PM | #72
Patience, I'm telling you, it's a very sexy attribute. Gah, Ald, quit being so hot!
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

irishfino
01.17.2013 , 01:53 PM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
Patience, I'm telling you, it's a very sexy attribute. Gah, Ald, quit being so hot!
I think it's impossible for Ald to not be sexy. The universe would implode if that happened.

Thanks for reading everyone!
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

irishfino
01.17.2013 , 01:55 PM | #74
Time to Rage

“My Lord, the time has long since passed for us to discuss this,” Quinn said stiffly.

Ald was barely aware of his presence in the conference room. Barely listening. He didn’t want to listen, he didn’t want to talk. Not about this. Never about this. Quinn’s reasons, his excuses, his damnable pride, his son, whatever bullsh*t he pulled out of his arse to justify trying to kill him. And Vette. F**king Vette. She could fool the Force-blinds into thinking she wasn’t angry, that all was well, that all was normal. Not Ald, not Jaesa. Even Broonmark could sense her bloodlust.

“I have already forgiven you, Captain,” Ald said quietly. He was lying. Why was he lying? Quinn’s nose wrinkled slightly. He knew. Ald knew he knew. Thought he knew he knew what he knew.

“My Lord, you said that immediately after defeating the war droids and myself,” Quinn argued. “I find it hard to believe that you meant those words.”

“And why is that?” He kept his tone as even as possible, but that slight widening in Quinn’s eyes was fear. He would tread lightly or, hopefully, not tread at all. But the man was stubborn and they both knew he would push forward. Ald had encouraged him to question his superiors what seemed like ages ago. Now it was coming back to bite him. It always came back to bite him. He always came back to bite him.

“You were in shock. Someone you cared for sided with your Master and attempted to kill you all in the span of a few minutes,” Quinn explained. “You had more pressing matters to deal with at the time.”

“I was surprised, yes, but, as I said, I forgave you your misstep,” said Ald. Don’t push it, Malavai. For your sake let it go. Please.

“It wasn’t a misstep, my Lord. This was a calculated cost-benefit analysis. My choice was simple.” Quinn shifted his eyes to the holotransmitter on the table. “Sacrifice what we had in exchange for access to my son.”

“Don’t forget your pride,” Ald drawled.

“It was a factor, yes.”

“Did your pride force you to leave me at a time when I could have used the support?” No, don’t talk about this.

Quinn blinked hard and refocused his attention on Ald. Ald schooled his features. He would give the man nothing.

“Shame, my Lord,” Quinn said quietly. “It was shame that drove me to leave.”

“Four months.”

“Yes, Jaesa was the one who convinced me to return. She gave me access to Korriban. Lord Rathari recognized me from the events on Nar Shaddaa, otherwise I would not have had access to the Council chambers.”

“I tried to contact you and Jaesa is the one who convinced you to come back?” There it was. The rage he felt boiling underneath the surface. The hurt. It was raw and as fresh as the day Quinn turned his blaster on his former Master. But he was never really Quinn’s master was he? No, Baras was his true master. He thought Quinn was smarter than that, but, oh, was he more than happy to prove just how smart he was. He saw red.

Ald was vaguely aware of panicked choking and gasping and could not find it within himself to care. He should have done this on the Transponder Station. He should have grabbed Quinn’s pale neck and wrung it until the man was blue in the face. He should have lifted him into the air and slammed him into the bulkhead a few times. He should have. He should have. He was. Oh, stars, he was! He snapped himself from whatever rage trance he was in when he heard the thump of a body hitting the floor. He searched the room and found Quinn lying on his stomach near the chair he had recently occupied. He held his breath for a moment then relaxed slightly when Quinn’s prone form jerked to life coughing and gasping for breath.

Ald watched silently as the officer gathered his wits about him. From the floor, to his knees, and back into the chair, Quinn was in full officer mode. If not for the obvious mussing of his clothes, the red marks slowly spreading around his neck, the disheveled hair, and the look of a man who had just been choked by a rather angry Sith Lord, he would not have looked out of place or uncomfortable in the slightest. Ald idly wondered how many times the man had been choked and slammed into a wall during a meeting with a Sith. Or was he always this stiff and proper? He was. Ald knew that. That’s what had saved his life during his initial recruitment, if it could even be called that.

“My Lord,” Quinn rasped quietly. He tugged at his collar as if that would help the choking feeling. “I apologize. I…” Quinn trailed off and focused on the conference table.

Ald watched him quietly. He watched as Quinn found and traced the small groves forever scarred into the table. There was a smile, a small one, a mere flicker of his lips upward, but it was a smile. When Quinn’s eyes finally found their way back to his that small smile evolved into something much bigger. Something with more meaning behind it.

“I should have talked to you, Ald. I should have told you. I should have sided with you,” Quinn said softly. “I should have done a lot of things differently, but I can’t change what has already happened. I can only ask to move forward from here. It’s the reason why I insist we talk about what happened. It will always be looming overhead if we don’t deal with this, my Lord.”

“I very nearly killed you just now,” Ald said stiffly.

“And, once again, you have spared my life.”

“That’s not – Malavai, that isn’t normal in a relationship!”

Quinn tilted his head to the side. Ald sighed. He was an officer and subject to the Sith. The way he reacted as if nothing happened when Ald lost control, the way he kept himself pieced together even now. Cold. Efficient. Imperial.

“Malavai,” Ald said gently. He waited for the reminder of Quinn’s station, but it never came. “Where do we start?”

“The beginning,” Quinn replied. He rubbed he throat again and winced. “Perhaps after I have had a lozenge.”

“We don’t have to start right away.”

“We’ve let the matter sit on the table long enough. It is time, Ald.”

Quinn used his name. He actually used his name. He didn’t correct him when he called him Malavai. He was trying in his own weird way. He was trying. A fluttering sensation settled in Ald’s stomach. Fear. Desire. Joy. All roiling and jumping and flying and settling and upsetting. He smiled and Quinn smiled back.

Quinn was right. Things would heal in time. He hoped they had the time. Unease settled in his stomach at the thought, but was quickly banished when Quinn moved across the room and placed a hand on his shoulder.

“We’ll get through this, Ald,” Quinn said quietly. “Together.”

“I love you, Malavai.”

Quinn smiled and said, “I know.”

Ald’s face lit up. That was a declaration of love if he had ever heard one. With an impossibly wide grin, he followed Quinn to the medbay and hoped beyond hope this time would pass quickly and with little fuss over the details. That strange feeling settled in his stomach again. A warning, perhaps, that things would not be easy. Something darker rumbled in the back of his mind. Someone was going to die.

iamthehoyden
01.17.2013 , 02:44 PM | #75
Regrets and apologies???
---------------

Vesaniae
01.17.2013 , 02:53 PM | #76
I really liked this latest entry! The emotion there was really tangible. And that ominous last sentence... My sad senses are tingling. How exciting.
Force Lightning: The solution to every problem. Every. Problem.
Afterimages * Walking Penumbral * Like Moths to the Flame
Forever Shenanigans!

Damask_Rose
01.17.2013 , 09:30 PM | #77
No. No sad! Maybe Vette will die?

Game Development Tutorials
Friends referral for free character transfer and unlocks

irishfino
01.18.2013 , 12:47 PM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
Regrets and apologies???
Quinn is capable of these things.

I swear!

Quote: Originally Posted by Vesaniae View Post
I really liked this latest entry! The emotion there was really tangible. And that ominous last sentence... My sad senses are tingling. How exciting.
I have several different scenarios running around my head right now. We'll see which one wins when I try to write it, lol.

Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
No. No sad! Maybe Vette will die?
If Vette does something to Quinn, she's as good as dead. I have several scenarios bouncing around right now. It makes me dizzy.

Thanks for reading everyone!!

irishfino
01.18.2013 , 12:52 PM | #79
Rejection: Cause Unknown

Ald was utterly surprised and utterly pleased to see this side of Malavai. For a brief, silly, and somewhat strange moment he entertained the thought that he should have choked Malavai sooner. He laughed at the thought of course and the man across the table from him arched a curious brow.

“A funny thought, is all,” Ald said with a smile.

Malavai was used to silly errant thoughts sending Ald into a fit of giggles at a moment’s notice. He never seemed to mind Ald’s silliness. It was true it threw him for a loop or three, especially given Ald’s history, but he would never begrudge his Lord his happiness.

“You seem distracted tonight, my Lord,” said Malavai.

“A bit hard not to be,” Ald grinned. “I had no idea you could cook. And so well.”

“I do have talents outside of my job, my Lord.”

“You’ve never cooked before.”

“You handled the cooking, my Lord.”

“You could have told me,” Ald chuckled.

Ald’s smile wavered when Malavai stiffened in his seat.

“I could have told you a lot of things, my Lord,” Malavai said stiffly. He quietly turned his attentions back to his plate.

“Not tonight, Malavai,” Ald said gently.

“There is something I would like to tell you tonight.” Malavai shifted his gaze upward. “But, perhaps, it’s best I show you.”

“Show me what?” Ald asked. He loved surprises - as long as they weren’t filled with robots and bad murder plots.

“After dinner,” Malavai said quietly. “And dessert.”

“There’s dessert!?” Ald asked excitedly.

Malavai chuckled and said, “Yes, my Lord.”

After dinner and dessert, Malavai led Ald through the ship to his personal quarters. Ald tried not to get too excited. Malavai likely felt far more comfortable in his own quarters than he would anywhere else on the ship. It was hard not to get a little giddy when he entered the Captain’s quarters. He couldn’t help it, he was a very excitable man when promised a surprise. Surprises that weren’t filled with terrible murder attempts and stupid robots.

“I cannot properly convey my regret over recent events. It’s hard to quantify and words are just words. I know nothing I can say will even begin to repair the damage that’s been done. I can, however, show you,” Malavai explained quietly. When Ald remained silent, he continued. “You asked me before if I had ever experienced a role reversal in the bedroom. You aren’t the first to ask, but, if you would like, you can be the first and, arguably, the last.”

Ald blinked. Was he really – well that was – alright then.

“Malavai,” Ald said gently, “you don’t have to do this to prove anything to me.”

“I’m not. I simply wish to show you how much you mean to me.” Malavai shrugged and looked away. Ald wasn’t sure what to make of such a strange gesture from the normally stiff man.

“Malavai,” Ald started.

Malavai’s eyes snapped up, fierce and shining. “I find words to be an insufficient means to convey how I feel. Allow me to show you.”

Malavai’s nostrils flared slightly, his gaze held Ald in place. Ald didn’t know what to say. He wanted to accept. Stars he wanted to accept. Instead he found himself shaking his head. He heard himself speak. He watched Malavai’s face drop, saw a small quiver near his lips before that face turned blank. His eyes iced over, cold and calculating. He straightened his stance and slipped into parade rest. He was back to officer mode. Ald flinched when Malavai all but dismissed him from his quarters. He left quietly cursing himself.

Notes:

Spoiler

iamthehoyden
01.18.2013 , 12:55 PM | #80
---------------