Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

From Brute to Silly: the Life of Ald

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
From Brute to Silly: the Life of Ald

Tatile
12.30.2012 , 02:19 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
Now I'm curious, what series is your most glorious find in that genre?
Do tell. Or at least tell us Quinn's most glorious find and how Ald reacts to it

Damask_Rose
01.09.2013 , 08:18 PM | #62
Are Ald and Quinn too busy reading to engage in any hi-jinks for us to enjoy?

irishfino
01.13.2013 , 01:26 PM | #63
Now I'm curious, what series is your most glorious find in that genre?
You shall see!

Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Do tell. Or at least tell us Quinn's most glorious find and how Ald reacts to it
It's coming!

Are Ald and Quinn too busy reading to engage in any hi-jinks for us to enjoy?
They do naughty things in my head when I try to get them to focus enough to be in a scene. These two, I swear.

Thanks for reading!
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

irishfino
01.13.2013 , 01:27 PM | #64
Not This Again...

“That book was terrible, Malavai,” Ald huffed as he threw down his datapad.

“Captain,” Quinn corrected quietly. “And I thought you would like it. It was in the same vein as that other tripe you were reading.”

“It wasn’t tripe!”

“Yes, yes it was.”

Fifty Shades of Imperial Grey is tripe, Voss Dusk was not!” Ald huffed defensively.

“You have terrible taste in books, I’m not sure why you’re complaining,” Quinn said stiffly.

“You promised me a better book.”

Quinn sighed and pulled out his datapad. “Tell me what you like in great detail.”

Ald positively beamed at the Captain.

Notes:

Spoiler
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

Tatile
01.13.2013 , 02:24 PM | #65
I can see Ald prattling on about his favourites. Quinn, on the other hand, I would imagine, keeps detailed pie charts.

irishfino
01.13.2013 , 05:33 PM | #66
I can see Ald prattling on about his favourites. Quinn, on the other hand, I would imagine, keeps detailed pie charts.
Ald will read nearly everything he can get his hands on. He loves reading. Quinn would definitely have a slew of graphs and charts and graphs that pointed to charts and charts that displayed level of joy certain genres bring. All I have to say is "Neerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd!!" when I think of these things, lol.

Thanks for reading!

irishfino
01.13.2013 , 05:35 PM | #67
Shut Up and Enjoy

It wasn’t hard for the Wrath to make an appointment to meet potential apprentices at the Academy. It was hard to get around the harridan known as Juliena, Julien’s mother, but nothing Ald couldn’t or wouldn’t handle. That woman was bitter down to the last glare she tossed at Quinn as she left them. She was a teacher here by all appearances. Of course, she told him as much, eager as she was to flirt with the Wrath and hoist her position to a higher station. And she seemed vaguely familiar. Something about her eyes. Green and sharp. He'd think on it later. For now, he would watch Quinn as he interacted with his son. Ald moved to a wall on the other side of the room. He was far enough to be out of earshot, but close enough to leap into combat should something happen. He was sure nothing would, but he was always on alert.

By the time the boy had to run off for training, Quinn was very happy indeed. He didn’t say anything to Ald, but that shine in his eyes was enough. They were quiet as they walked back to the shuttle off planet. Quinn followed at his usual half-pace behind. They boarded the shuttle, quickly passed through the space station, and boarded the Fury. Ald followed Quinn to the bridge and strapped in as he waited for take-off. He watched Quinn’s fingers as they flew across the consoles.

Ald wondered what Quinn was thinking in this moment. He was probably a mix of happy and sad. Happy he got to see his son after so long, but sad to leave him once again to go who knows where doing who knows what with death a constant threat looming overhead. A small part of him felt bad for dragging Quinn all over the Galaxy, but the man was more than happy to be by his side. He wanted to be useful in the war and useful to Ald. He wanted to make amends. But if he ever asked to leave Ald’s service, he would be granted it without hesitation. That was a lie. He would hesitate. For longer than a few moments. Perhaps he would stall or try to talk him out of it. He knew he would. He lost himself to his thoughts.

It had been a few hours since their trip to Korriban. Enough time for Quinn to resist the urge to pull Ald into a hug and thank him until his throat went dry. Even then, he was sure he would continue thanking Ald. It had been far too long since his last face to face meeting with his son. It didn’t help that his ex-wife was constantly blocking all avenues for him to maintain contact. It didn’t take much, really, for a Sith to ensure a Force blind had no access to a Force sensitive child. Her first move was to put the boy on Korriban as soon as possible. He wouldn’t be able to access Korriban without permission and permission was hard to come by. She became an instructor there as soon as it was clear he wouldn’t stop sending his son messages and gifts. But he persisted with messages. He would encrypt them beyond recognition and hope the boy would be able to decrypt them before his mother found them or they deleted themselves. Julien was mostly successful at decryption without being detected by his mother. Now, however, he had a Wrath on his side. Even Juliena couldn’t stop a Wrath.

He shook his head absently. He was still a bit miffed over her changing their child’s name is something so close to hers. It disgusted him on some level. She was arrogant and prideful, but forcing a child to change their name because of her vendetta was cruel and unusual. His name was Mica. That was the name they agreed upon after months and months of searching through databases for acceptable names. Quinn was quite happy that Julien never seemed to mind when he was called Mica. In fact, he was very adamant his father call him by the name he had selected. Quinn was forever grateful for this. He had recovered a little of what Juliena had taken from him, but even this little was a lot.

He shook his head and focused on his work, whatever his work was today, and lost himself to menial tasks.

When Quinn crossed paths with Ald later in the day he could contain himself no longer. He pulled the Sith into a hug and thanked him repeatedly. He thanked him until he felt silly then thanked him some more.

Ald nuzzled his face into Quinn’s neck and inhaled deeply. “I love you, Malavai,” Ald murmured into Quinn’s tunic.

“You shouldn’t,” Quinn replied quietly.

“I know.”

“I can’t say it back.”

“I know.”

“Ald…”

“Be quiet and let me enjoy this while it lasts.”

“Yes, my Lord,” Quinn said quietly.

Notes:

Spoiler

Damask_Rose
01.13.2013 , 09:12 PM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by irishfino View Post
Not This Again...

“That book was terrible, Malavai,” Ald huffed as he threw down his datapad.

“Captain,” Quinn corrected quietly. “And I thought you would like it. It was in the same vein as that other tripe you were reading.”

“It wasn’t tripe!”

“Yes, yes it was.”

Fifty Shades of Imperial Grey is tripe, Voss Dusk was not!” Ald huffed defensively.

“You have terrible taste in books, I’m not sure why you’re complaining,” Quinn said stiffly.

“You promised me a better book.”

Quinn sighed and pulled out his datapad. “Tell me what you like in great detail.”

Ald positively beamed at the Captain.

Notes:

Spoiler
I work as a bookseller. This made my day! (And Korriban for a double win today!)

Tatile
01.14.2013 , 05:15 AM | #69
Quinn doesn't... Quinn can't...

irishfino
01.14.2013 , 01:15 PM | #70
I work as a bookseller. This made my day! (And Korriban for a double win today!)
I was a bookseller during the wizard craze and the beginning of the emo sparkly vampire craze. It gave me a sad.

Quinn doesn't... Quinn can't...
Quinn will slightly clarify his position in this next bit.

Thanks for reading everyone!!