Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

From Brute to Silly: the Life of Ald

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
From Brute to Silly: the Life of Ald

irishfino
11.26.2012 , 07:43 PM | #21
An Open Wound

Ald had him pinned, his back flat against the wall. Ald would not let him go. One hand pinned a shoulder to the wall, the other held his hips in place.

“You’re hurting me, my Lord,” Quinn said unsteadily.

“Good,” Ald said quietly.

Quinn twisted and tried to remove the pressure. He felt a wall of heaviness slam into him and hold him steady against the wall.

“Stop fighting me, Captain.”

He swallowed roughly. “You’re agitating it.”

“Tell me what it is and I’ll let you go.”

“It is obviously an injury,” the Captain replied stiffly. “Please let me go now.”

Ald dug his fingers into Quinn’s side and elicited a shuddering shout from the man.

“My Lord,” Quinn exhaled shakily, “you’re hurting me. Please stop.”

Ald didn’t acknowledge Quinn’s plea. He dug his fingers into the wound until the Captain was gasping and sobbing for him to stop. He released him and let the man slide down the wall to the floor.

“Do you enjoy pain, Captain?” Ald asked, staring down at Quinn.

“Not – not particularly,” Quinn replied quietly. He held his side with a limp hand. Pain lapped at every nerve like a cat drinking milk.

“Then why do you hide things from me?”

“I’m not hiding anything.”

“Stop lying to me,” Ald hissed through clenched teeth.

“I’m not lying.”

Ald bared his teeth and crouched in front of Quinn. His hand shot out and grabbed the wound. Quinn gasped and fought to move away, but Ald’s hand was unyielding.

“Then what is this?” Ald asked calmly.

Quinn whimpered and wiggled. “It’s a wound, my Lord. We’ve – ah – we’ve been over this.”

Ald dug his fingers deeper into the wound.

“My Lord, please,” Quinn sobbed pathetically. “You’re hurting me. Please, please, please stop. I can’t…”

“You can’t what?” Ald asked calmly. He dug his fingers deeper into Quinn’s wound.

Quinn’s eyelids fluttered then slipped shut. Ald relinquished his hold on the man then rocked backward onto his bottom. Quinn didn’t react and didn’t move outside of breathing.

Ald ran a hand down his face and sighed. He was angry. He was livid. He was hurt. He was scared. He was worried. He knew his information gathering required tact, but faced with a reluctant and stiff Quinn he snapped. They had been so close before. At least, he thought they had been close. He ran a shaking hand down his face. This wasn’t the path back to being close. This was the path to shoving him away. He’d wait. He’d wait here on the floor until Quinn regained consciousness and try this again. Perhaps a little less hands on this time around.
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

irishfino
11.27.2012 , 01:34 AM | #22
Tell Me a Story

When Quinn finally regained consciousness, Ald was there still sitting on the floor. He jumped and immediately regretted the sudden movement. He sucked in a hiss between clenched teeth and clutched at his side. He was surprised that Ald had stayed. He was also surprised that Ald had attacked him in such a manner. Ald was right, he was unstable when the Captain was involved. Perhaps he should have stayed away, but Jaesa, innocent and worried Jaesa begged him to come back to Ald. Things were falling apart on the ship. He was needed. Wanted.

“Malavai?” Ald hedged quietly.

“Captain,” Quinn reminded Ald.

“Right, Captain.” Ald shifted on the floor and spread out his legs. Blood rushed painfully back into the limbs. “How long have you had this wound?”

“Years, my Lord.”

“How is that possible? I have seen you naked plenty of times to notice something as large and… unhealing as this.”

“To be fair, my Lord, I usually had you worked into such a state that your mind was definitely focused on other things,” Quinn quipped quietly.

Ald chuckled softly. “Yes, you were rather good at that.”

“Still am.”

Ald frowned. “Because of earlier?”

“Yes.”

“I wasn’t myself.”

“I know, my Lord,” Quinn murmured softly. “As for the wound, I have had it a number of years. I fell victim to a biological weapon during my exile on Balmorra. The pain comes and goes and the flesh is easily replaced.”

“There is no cure?”

“Honestly, I haven’t had the time to look into it. It only flares up every eight months or so. The pain lasts for a few weeks at most, a day at the least. It’s nothing to concern yourself with. I can tend to my duties as normal.”

“I’m surprised I missed something so obvious,” Ald murmured.

“It wasn’t meant to be noticed by anyone, my Lord and it went unnoticed for many years by those around me,” Quinn said evenly.

“Do you remember when you first joined my crew?” Ald asked suddenly.

Quinn smiled wistfully and nodded. “Yes. It was the greatest day of my life.”

“Don’t exaggerate,” Ald chided playfully.

“I’m not. At the very lowest level, my career was reignited. I was finally allowed a promotion after ten years. Ten years of fighting Broysc’s influence. He destroyed my career, my power base, and he stripped me to the lowest rank possible. Had you not come along…”

“But it was all a plan.”

“Part of it, yes. I did not realize I would be promoted. Twice, even. Despite the circumstances you… reignited hope within me.”

Ald smiled. “So, I reignited your hopes and dreams, eh?”

“Yes.”

“Tell me more. I’ve never had time to sit and listen to you.”

“Alright, then,” Quinn agreed.

Ald smiled then stood. He missed this. He watched Quinn struggle for a brief moment before pulling the man to his feet with a gentle yank. Quinn nodded gratefully. Ald turned and left the medbay for the galley seating, a silent and obedient Quinn following close behind. As soon as they sat, Quinn started talking. Ald listened and enjoyed the stories and the voice of the speaker.
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

Vesaniae
11.27.2012 , 07:48 AM | #23
An interesting development... I'm curious to see where this will go.

Also,
Quote: Originally Posted by irishfino View Post
Ald listened and enjoyed the stories and the voice of the speaker.
...yeah, I'm with Ald on that last.
Force Lightning: The solution to every problem. Every. Problem.
Afterimages * Walking Penumbral * Like Moths to the Flame
Forever Shenanigans!

irishfino
11.28.2012 , 12:22 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Vesaniae View Post
An interesting development... I'm curious to see where this will go.

Also,
Quote:
Ald listened and enjoyed the stories and the voice of the speaker.
...yeah, I'm with Ald on that last.

It will go all the places! Also, yes, I'm with Ald and you on listening to Quinn's voice. That man could read a phonebook and I would listen intently. Dat voice.

irishfino
11.28.2012 , 12:25 PM | #25
Moffing the Moff

Tales of Quinn’s childhood were uninteresting, at least, according to him, but Ald encouraged him to tell him the stories anyway. Stories of a normal childhood with parents and a house and love. Still the stories were far from unusual. Quinn was a genius and musical prodigy. His favorite instrument to play being the KeyBed. “It’s classy,” he told Ald. Ald agreed if only to hear more of what Quinn liked to do in his free time, if he even took free time. Stiff bas – wrong train of thought. Quinn skipped a few years of academy training and fieldwork and focused on his dealings with Moff Broysc. Ald was nodding along until he heard Quinn say something utterly unexpected.

“Wait, repeat that,” Ald demanded quietly.

“Socors and I were involved in a relationship of sorts,” Quinn repeated dutifully.

“You nailed Broysc!?”

“Don’t be crass,” Quinn chastised.

“You had an intimate relationship with Brosyc!?” Ald asked incredulously.

Quinn sighed quietly and said, “Yes. Which was why, when the time came and I disobeyed his order, it was more than a summary court martial. It was personal. Very, very personal. He felt betrayed, though my actions won the battle. He took the credit and that was fine. Then the bitter bastard stripped me of my rank, Admiral if you’re curious, exiled me to Balmorra, and left me to rot there.”

Ald blinked a few times then chuckled at a memory. Quinn cocked a curious eyebrow.

“It makes your nickname of Admiral Malcontent more sensical,” Ald chuckled.

“Yes,” Quinn murmured. “He used to call me ‘Mal.’ I never much cared for the nickname, but I allowed it. He usually wasn’t able to say much else while I had my way with him.”

Ald shuddered.

“Apologies,” Quinn murmured.

“He was awfully… old.”

“Yes, he was, but he was a Moff. Behind closed doors, I was the one in power. It was… thrilling, to say the least. I very much so enjoyed the power play.”

“Is that why you’re always…?” Ald trailed off quietly.

“For the most part, yes. I’ve never actually experienced a role reversal in the bedroom,” said Quinn.

“Really? No one has ever –”

“No,” Quinn said quickly.

“Ever consider changing that?” Ald asked innocently.

Quinn immediately shook his head. He had considered it at one point, but there was no reason to think about it now. Not with the way things were between himself and Aldrdinar. It was just as well. Things needed to solidify before they tried that path again. If they tried that path again. Quinn let loose a small sigh then continued his stories, mindful of Ald’s intense gaze. He had a feeling he hadn’t heard the last of that.

Notes:
Spoiler

MilaniGrey
11.28.2012 , 12:29 PM | #26
The images... ._.
The Islingr LegacyShatter the Darkness
Astaron, Narithia, Xalkory, Áilleacht
The Ebon Hawk Server
Forever Shenanigans!

Vesaniae
11.28.2012 , 12:30 PM | #27

...I will never look at Broysc and Quinn the same way again. The mental images...cannot unsee...

And yet I'm laughing hysterically.
Force Lightning: The solution to every problem. Every. Problem.
Afterimages * Walking Penumbral * Like Moths to the Flame
Forever Shenanigans!

Tatile
11.28.2012 , 12:32 PM | #28
I have to agree on the images thing, but Quinn being domm~ in the bedroom? Nice~

Earthmama
11.28.2012 , 04:48 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Quinn being domm~ in the bedroom? Nice~

>.>
<.<

Are we surprised? Mr. Control, prime and proper, in his uniform...holding a whip of sorts....issuing orders....

*opens smut folder*

*AHEM* seriously though, it makes sense, but at the same time ewwwwwww.

irishfino
12.03.2012 , 09:14 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by MilaniGrey View Post
The images... ._.
MUAHAHAHAHAHAAAH!

Quote: Originally Posted by Vesaniae View Post

...I will never look at Broysc and Quinn the same way again. The mental images...cannot unsee...

And yet I'm laughing hysterically.
I am diabolical.

Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
I have to agree on the images thing, but Quinn being domm~ in the bedroom? Nice~
Quinn just reeks of dom in the bedroom. He's so repressed and proper in public.

Quote: Originally Posted by Earthmama View Post
>.>
<.<

Are we surprised? Mr. Control, prime and proper, in his uniform...holding a whip of sorts....issuing orders....

*opens smut folder*

*AHEM* seriously though, it makes sense, but at the same time ewwwwwww.
Eeeeheheheheheheeeheeeeeeh! [coughs] [pictures Quinn with a whip] [giggles!]

Thanks for reading! Even if you later regretted it. Heeheee!