Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

From Brute to Silly: the Life of Ald

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
From Brute to Silly: the Life of Ald

Tatile
02.21.2013 , 06:41 PM | #171
*whibble* Aww, they're so cute and yet so terrifying in places I just want to cuddle them all night long!

Ald and Quinn plushies plz.

Vesaniae
02.21.2013 , 06:49 PM | #172
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
I second this.
Force Lightning: The solution to every problem. Every. Problem.
Afterimages * Walking Penumbral * Like Moths to the Flame
Forever Shenanigans!

irishfino
03.02.2013 , 07:00 PM | #173
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
*whibble* Aww, they're so cute and yet so terrifying in places I just want to cuddle them all night long!

I would make some actual plushies if I could, but I do feel like drawing some. Soon(tm)

Quote: Originally Posted by Vesaniae View Post
I second this.
I'll draw some, lol.

Thanks for reading everyone!!
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

irishfino
03.02.2013 , 07:01 PM | #174
Crosspost from the SFC Thread!

That’s One Way to Take a Bath

Malavai had convinced him to use the giant tub in the master refresher for a bit of relaxation. He considered turning on the jets when he got in, but he didn’t want to irritate his skin. Then again, maybe it would feel like the rushing rivers of the jungle, a little warmer, perhaps, but maybe. He dipped the tips of his fingers into the water and watched the tiny ripples distort his reflection. For a moment, a very brief moment, his face was as smooth as a human’s. His cheekbone ridges smoothed, the bone spurs jutting from his chin blended into the background, even the bone spurs along his jaw disappeared. A normal human for the briefest of moments.

Of course, the sheer amount of orange and copper in his skin tone was a giveaway that he was not a normal human. He had Sith blood. Sith blood he inherited from a pair of normal looking humans. He wanted to be normal after they left him in the jungle. He had never thought of it before, never considered himself strange. No, the pale beings that claimed he was their child, they were the strange ones. They had no powers and they were scared of him. What parent is scared of their child? Not his parents. There was no way these creatures were his parents. But, while he was with them, he loved them as if they were his parents. And they were. Until they got rid of him, dumped him in the jungle like an unwanted pet. No parent would do that to their child. Their normal child.

He turned off the water and stripped to his bare bottom. He raised his leg and dipped a toe into the water. It was hot. Very, very hot. Best to hurry in. Which, of course, was a terrible mistake. He shouted and stood quickly, a rush of water following his swift movement. The shout and resulting splash had a predictable result: Malavai knocked on the door.

“The water was hot,” Ald said to the door.

There was a quiet noise on the other side which sounded suspiciously like a chuckle.

“It’s not funny,” Ald grumped. Slowly, he eased himself back into the water.

“I wasn’t laughing,” Malavai replied, his voice light and still suspiciously filled with laughter.

“I can tell when you find something humorous and when you chuckle it’s hilarious.”

There was that noise again. Definitely a chuckle.

“You jerk,” Ald grumbled.

“I’ll assume you insulted me.”

“I did. You’re a jerk,” Ald said louder.

And now he was laughing. The sound delighted Ald’s ears. It was a very rare thing for Malavai to chuckle let alone laugh. Recently, at least. When they were in private, he was much more willing to open up after a few pokes and prods and outright requests of “Stop being such a stiff bastard.” He always found that request humorous and would laugh to indulge his Lord.

“Stop laughing and come in.”

“I’m not washing your back,” Malavai quipped as he entered the refresher. He immediately went to the closet and grabbed a few towels to clean up the mess Ald had made.

“You’re like a maid.”

Malavai dropped the towels to the floor and used his foot to move them around.

“I am a servant of the Empire.”

“Har har.”

The corners of Malavai's mouth ticked up. “It’s true. I am duty-bound to serve in any capacity, which includes cleaning up after an overly ambitious Wrath when he burns his bum on hot water in the bath.”

“You’re a jerk.”

Malavai’s laughter echoed softly in the refresher. Ald turned on the jets in an attempt to drown out the laughter. Naturally, the laughter increased in volume.

“Such a jerk,” Ald mumbled as he slipped into the water up to his mouth.

He wasn’t expecting a response from Malavai and he definitely wasn’t expected a splash of water to the face. But there it was, the end result leaving his face dripping and his brain trying to figure out what happened. To his credit, Malavai sat rather calmly on the edge of the large tub, but his smirk gave him away as did the rolled up sleeve of his tunic and his hand in the water.

Ald glared, and, for a brief moment, Malavai thought he had made a terrible error. Then he found himself under water being pummeled by very strong jets of water.

A very grumpy and very wet Malavai surfaced and stared at Ald. “The water is rather hot,” he said blandly.

“You look ridiculous!” Ald giggled. He brushed a lock of wet hair from Malavai’s face. “Next time you want a bath, just ask.” He paused. “And take off your clothes before jumping in.”

Malavai reared back on his haunches and removed his wet tunic. Then he splashed Ald with all his might.

“You’re dead!” Ald laughed.

The water was nothing like the water in the jungle. It was warm, hot even, and relaxing. But those waters in the jungle brought him here, to this point, one way or another. And he wouldn’t give that up for the Galaxy.

Notes:

Spoiler
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

Damask_Rose
03.03.2013 , 01:40 AM | #175
I do so love a happy Quinn, and Ald is just about the only Wrath that has one

Unity 3d tutorials
Friends referral for free character transfer and unlocks

irishfino
03.06.2013 , 10:37 AM | #176
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
I do so love a happy Quinn, and Ald is just about the only Wrath that has one
Ald loves his Quinn very much. He makes all his meals, walks him three times a day, and provides him with a suitable environment for being an incredibly stiff, by the book, strategist who loves the Empire.

Feed and bathe your Quinn as often as possible and you will have a loyal servant.

Thanks for reading everyone!!

irishfino
03.06.2013 , 10:45 AM | #177
SFC Thread crosspost!

There’s Got To Be a Morning After

Ald was half-awake when he made the first mistake of the day. It was a damn good thing he was the Force sensitive one, though the sheer force of the glare he was on the other end of… well, it shriveled parts of him worse than Hoth.

“That thing is no longer part of our lives,” Vette hissed quietly.

“Malavai-” Ald started.

Captain Bastard,” Vette spat angrily, “is not to be spoken of in our bedroom.”

“Our be – Vette, if anything, these are my quarters.”

“We’re married now, Ald,” Vette said sweetly.

“That doesn’t mean my things are suddenly yours.”

Vette fluttered her eyelashes. “You sure didn’t think that last night. And what a wonderful night it was.”

Ald didn’t need the reminder. Not anymore anyway. He should have known the weight on his chest was off. He had confused the tiny Twi’lek’s upper half for a hastily thrown arm. Was he really that far gone? The short answer was yes. This was a quick fix that came at a terrible cost, but he needed her. He needed the balance she brought with her. She was available and she made that much known nearly the second the man had disembarked. He had waited, avoided her advances, and dodged her presence until he couldn’t deny that he needed something to ground him. And she was convenient. It was wrong of course. It was terrible. It was a disaster in the making. But stars above did it feel good. He felt normal. He felt more normal than he had in weeks.

“-and a ring would be rather nice, don’t you think?” Vette asked. Apparently she had been talking for some time.

“Sounds proper,” Ald said quietly. Sounds like something Malavai would say.

“Ugh, you sound like that creature. You’re not still thinking about him, are you? Not when we’re together, right?”

“No, love,” he lied. It must have been convincing, because she blushed straight to sapphire.

“You’re such a sweetie,” she said with a smile. “I think a nice, relaxing bath is in order.” She grinned. “I’m a bit sore from last night.”

Ald very nearly jumped from the bed. “I’ll get on the HoloNet and look up jewelers.”

Vette squealed as she made her way to the refresher. “Will you tell me what you’re ordering?”

“Let’s leave it a surprise.”

“I can’t wait!”

He could. And he really should have. Fool.

Notes:

Spoiler

irishfino
03.06.2013 , 11:31 AM | #178
Morning After – Oh, Captain, My Captain What Have You Done?

Malavai wasn’t in bed. He wouldn’t be, of course, he was too busy facing down the wrath of the crew. Not the Wrath, as he was now, but the actual crew and their anger at his… Was it really a betrayal? In the strongest sense of the emotions roiling around the Fury, it was. He tried to kill his boss - though he claimed Ald was never his boss to begin with - and that attempt was really betrayal. He lied to Ald. He lied to them all. Then he turned around and tried to murder him. The crew wouldn’t do anything rash, Ald was sure. Nothing would harm that man unless Ald willed it to be so. And he didn’t will it.

Ald slowly made his way from his bed to the conference room. Ah, the table. So many memories. Most of them good, even. Malavai was standing at the head of the table, staring straight ahead, his face a carefully compiled mask. Things in the room were quiet, but tense.

“My Lord,” Malavai greeted, inclining his head slightly.

“Captain,” Ald replied. “I trust all is well?”

“The best course of action at this juncture is for me to depart the crew and leave you to your campaign against Darth Baras.”

“If that is truly your wish, I will not deny you your transfer papers.”

“It is the quickest way to get you and the crew back on track to getting you confirmed as the Wrath, my Lord.”

Ald looked to the rest of the crew. Their faces betrayed nothing and only Jaesa knew enough to keep her emotions locked behind a wall of the Force.

“I’ve forgiven your misstep Captain,” Ald said calmly. Pierce snorted. “There is no need for you to leave the crew.”

“I have compromised the crew and ruined unit cohesion. It is best if I depart,” Malavai said stiffly. No, he was Quinn now. He had stepped back into that role and away from the role of Malavai, his lover and confidant.

“I will draw up the papers that will allow you safe transfer to wherever you see fit,” Ald said evenly. He turned away from the group then. “I’ll transmit them to you when we dock.”

Then he left. He left them to whatever tense arrangement they had previous to his arrival. He entered his quarters, ensured the doors were locked, but set to alert him should anyone need him, and climbed back into their bed. His bed, now.

He was always very different from other Sith. Here, in this moment, with this weight against his chest, he let himself go. He left the Sith teachings of rage and hatred and allowed himself to feel sorrow and hurt. And when his Captain was gone and the tears had dried up, he would close himself off from the others. Nothing would get in and nothing would get out.

He would live on his anger at the emptiness quickly taking hold in his chest. He would regress and become the Brute if it meant killing Baras. He would fit into the Sith mold, defeat the Empire’s enemies, take down the Republic and conquer the Galaxy. All without his Captain by his side.

The void in his chest expanded and he became numb. He would remain numb, truly numb, until his Captain was returned to him.

Notes:

Spoiler

irishfino
03.06.2013 , 11:33 AM | #179
Morning After – The Return

He could scarcely believe the man was back on his ship, back on the Bridge as if he had never left, back in his arms. The moment was bittersweet, tainted by reality and Quinn’s insistence that Ald deal with the situation with Vette. He wondered if Quinn was still Quinn or if he was Malavai again.

The man next to him stirred then rolled over. Ald waited for a reaction and he got one. Quinn looked at him with wide eyes, lips slightly parted as if he had gasped then he froze completely.

“Am I dreaming?” Quinn asked quietly.

“No,” Ald replied, “this is very real.”

“I fell asleep.” Quinn sat up quickly and started to move from the bed. “I – I apologize, my Lord.”

Ald placed a comforting hand on one of Quinn’s shoulders to halt the other man’s panicked movements. “It’s alright. I kept you up late with conversation.”

“It wasn’t late, my Lord. I should – I should have more control than that.”

“We didn’t sleep together, if that’s what you’re worried about.”

“Technically, we did.”

Ald chuckled softly. “In the most literal sense, yes.”

“Have you spoken with Vette, yet?” Quinn asked quietly as he tried to settle back onto the bed. He was mostly successful.

“I was sleeping,” Ald replied blithely.

“Right. Right.”

“Are you alright?”

Quinn shook his head. “I’ve barely slept since I left.” He paused and looked at Ald. “I waited, you know.”

“For what?” Ald asked, confused and curious at the same time. He had a small hope Quinn had waited for him.

“For the end,” Quinn replied, his voice taking on a strange edge. “I waited for Baras to kill me like the rest of his spies.”

“He was far too busy trying to stop me on Corellia to worry about a pawn.”

Quinn flinched and turned his head away. Ald felt bad and ridiculously triumphant in that tiny moment. He could make this man feel shame, feel useless, feel like he threw everything away. He had this power over Quinn, now, and he could use it if he felt inclined to. But he didn’t. He wanted to move on. Move on with Quinn. With Malavai.

“Malavai,” Ald said quietly. To his greatest surprise, and, perhaps, his undeniable happiness, Quinn turned to him. “I have forgiven you. I told you as much last night.”

“I shouldn’t be here,” Malavai said quietly. “I don’t belong.”

“You belong with me, by my side.”

“What about Vette?”

“I’ll talk to her.”

“My Lo-”

Further conversation was halted when Ald lunged for Malavai, pressing his lips against his rather insistently. And Malavai found himself unable to resist the comfort Ald offered.

Jenovan
03.06.2013 , 11:40 AM | #180
Ooh, vignettes. Excellent!

Spoiler

Love that bitter little revelation!
Ebon Hawk * The Thirteenth Legion * RP/Social/Casual
Kjara | Avidior | Mizret | Ysmena
Forging Fortune * Aviditas