Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

From Brute to Silly: the Life of Ald

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
From Brute to Silly: the Life of Ald

Damask_Rose
01.20.2013 , 11:00 PM | #101
I'll tell you what I think after Lokin reads the datapad...

Friends referral for free character transfer and unlocks

Theron MIA?

Soteirian
01.20.2013 , 11:44 PM | #102
Fino,

I was intrigued by the Rakghoul twist. I was interested to see if Ald's love for Quinn is strong enough to get through this, and if Quinn's love for Ald would allow him to hold on to that last shred of humanity.

I do agree that Raghoul!Quinn forever is not gonna fly. However, I thought there would be ways to fix this. Loken is, technically, still a Rakghoul, but he's sentient and in total control of himself. And it appears that being a Rakghoul did not prevent him from romance, anyways. As long as Quinn is in total control of the situation and able to change back to full human form at will, it would seem that there can be a way to move forward with Ald/Quinn relationship.

Or, there is the route of an eventual cure. Republics side of the Taris story has a side plot of recreating the Rakghoul serum. This has been done 2 times before, and the Republic heroes were on their way to make it happen the 3rd time. Perhaps this wookiepedia entry can help inspire some ideas?

In any case, your stories are always interesting, and I have enjoyed each and every one of them. I know whatever direction you take it'll be great.

irishfino
01.20.2013 , 11:47 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by Soteirian View Post
Fino,

I was intrigued by the Rakghoul twist. I was interested to see if Ald's love for Quinn is strong enough to get through this, and if Quinn's love for Ald would allow him to hold on to that last shred of humanity.

I do agree that Raghoul!Quinn forever is not gonna fly. However, I thought there would be ways to fix this. Loken is, technically, still a Rakghoul, but he's sentient and in total control of himself. And it appears that being a Rakghoul did not prevent him from romance, anyways. As long as Quinn is in total control of the situation and able to change back to full human form at will, it would seem that there can be a way to move forward with Ald/Quinn relationship.

Or, there is the route of an eventual cure. Republics side of the Taris story has a side plot of recreating the Rakghoul serum. This has been done 2 times before, and the Republic heroes were on their way to make it happen the 3rd time. Perhaps this wookiepedia entry can help inspire some ideas?

In any case, your stories are always interesting, and I have enjoyed each and every one of them. I know whatever direction you take it'll be great.
You bring up a lot of good points. I think I'll take that post down and sleep on it.

[flails]
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

Soteirian
01.20.2013 , 11:58 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by irishfino View Post
You bring up a lot of good points. I think I'll take that post down and sleep on it.
Looking forward to the next chapter.

irishfino
01.21.2013 , 12:54 AM | #105
Reposted with a few edits at the end. Couldn't sleep, had to fix this.

Boundless Cruelty

The transport vessel was abandoned. Looked like it had been for years. Malavai walked forward, looking for something. Searching. It called back to the Transponder Station and Ald drew his sabers. A flash of light, a shout of surprise and pain, something jabbed into his neck. An injection. Black.

Blood splatter. Rage. Haze. Click. Loose. Kill. Blood. Running. Running. Dark void.

Talking. Someone was talking. Hazy. Wake up, they said. Come back, they said. I’m here, they said. Black.

Ald woke up lying on his back. He opened his eyes to a strange ceiling.

“Cipher, he has awakened!” said a male voice.

Cipher? Ald looked around. His vision was blurred, but he made out a kolto tank and another bed. He heard someone enter the room and extended his senses to determine who it was. He was met with a cold, dark void.

“Hello, nephew,” said a female voice. “It’s your Aunt Aldriana. We intercepted a distress call from the vessel you were on.” She walked to the bed and smiled down at him.

“You’re a Cipher?” was Ald’s first question. Then more. More questions. All the questions. He frowned when Aldriana snickered quietly.

“Slow down, dear Wrath,” she said gently. “What’s left of your crew is fine.”

Grief stabbed at Ald’s heart. Malavai was gone. Turned into some form of creature and on Taris with Driana and Lokin and wait. Ald blinked rapidly, trying to regain his bearings.

“Malavai?” Ald asked quietly. He tried to sit up and nearly vomited from a sudden wave of dizziness.

“Do stay down, lad,” came that male voice again. “Doctor Eckard Lokin, at your service, my Lord.”

“Lokin… you helped Malavai when he was a rakghoul.”

“Oh, dear,” Lokin murmured quietly. He bustled around a bit then came to Ald’s side and pried his lids open further. He flashed a penlight in his eyes, first right, then left. “Pupil reflex is still slow. Quite the cocktail! You’ll be up and running at full in no time, Master Wrath.”

“What’s happened, where’s Malavai?” Ald asked. He was quickly working himself into a panic. He reached out to the Force and was smacked with a wall of cold and a pit in his stomach. He quickly turned away from Lokin and vomited over the other side of the bed.

“Your Captain is alive and well!” Lokin said excitedly. “The good Lieutenant knew enough field medicine to stop the major bleeding. He’ll need a new right lung, but he’s fine and alive.”

“What about the virus? The – the rakghoul? Taris…” Ald flopped onto his back and groaned.

“You’ve been out of it for quite some time, my Lord. About three days. In that time, you’ve likely heard me speaking of my research into rakghouls. I’ve also taken the liberty of liberating the Captain of a few cells from that nasty little wound he has on his side.”

“He’s alive?” Hope slipped into his voice. Oh, stars, please. Please let this have been a dream. A nightmare. A drug-induced bloody panic of epic proportions.

“Yes, and he left you a message on your datapad. An explanation, I should hope.”

Lokin disappeared from sight for a few moments then returned, datapad in hand.

“Shall I read it to you, my Lord?” Lokin asked.

Ald made a noise of agreement. He still felt off. He reached to the Force again and was slapped with a hand of cold. Bitter, angry cold. He relaxed and tried to listen. He found himself drifting off again. Drifting back into that moment in time where everything seemed to go wrong.

As things slid into place it all felt… convenient. Too convenient.

Ald woke up in a cold sweat, staring at an unfamiliar ceiling. He heard the groan of shifting metal, the drip of water nearby. He smelled the stench of Taris, of death, of Rakghoul. The mind was a cruel thing.

So very cruel.
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

Soteirian
01.21.2013 , 12:59 AM | #106
Oh man! You really know how to pull that punch, don't you?
It's amazing how a few words changes the entire story.

MilaniGrey
01.21.2013 , 01:01 AM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by MilaniGrey View Post
It was all a dreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeam!
*quotes self because still relevant*
The Islingr Legacy
The Ebon Hawk Server

Syart
01.21.2013 , 03:40 AM | #108

You owe me a clean desk! I just choked on my coffee at Vette going totally crazy (hell hath no fury like a woman scorned) and the resultant disaster, then spilled it when Quinn turned into a zombie/rakghoul! It's a good job there's hardly anyone in work today (snow), it might be hard to explain what I was doing

Other than that, bloody brilliant, and I'm so pleased to see another view of Lokin
Control, passion, diligence: these three principles shape your world.

Lord Scourge: To repeat a mistake and expect a beneficial outcome is a sign of insanity.

Tatile
01.21.2013 , 05:06 AM | #109
Fino, I missed the first version, but you went reverse dream sequence on us! You're pure evil (in a good way).

Please more. Happy Ald and happy Quinn

iamthehoyden
01.21.2013 , 09:13 AM | #110
I had managed to catch a brief glimpse of the original version of that, and I have to say, the 'this is all a dream' version really reduced the impact of it all. This version is much more powerful. It'll be harder to write, I'm sure, but you've kept the oomph there.

(I can't believe I'm actually hoping for a happy ending for Quinn...gah, Fino, stop making redeemable Quinns!)
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box