Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So in 1 year, the previously top PvP gear becomes obsolete.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
So in 1 year, the previously top PvP gear becomes obsolete.

Darkoman
11.21.2012 , 07:34 PM | #11
new tiers is not the problem. the problem is that they are dumbing (in terms of cost) down WH to make a new top tier set. Other games leave the progression but BW doesnt want to do that as it will discourage new people. I agree with BW about closing the gear gap but fix the broken gear dont make everyone regrind.
Member of Pathfinder; a sub-group of the Jedi Order assigned to locate and protect initiate force users
SWTOR-RP Guide

Dracokyaku
11.21.2012 , 07:52 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
Judging by this, I guess it's safe to expect Elite Warhero to be removed from vendors in December 2013
It's nothing new to MMO's, gear progression is what keeps many players playing, regardless of the small jump in stats.

On the flip side, it has to seem attainable for new players, no-one's going to want to join a game a year or so in and see they are required to work through three or four tiers of progression to catch up with everyone else.
Winter Silverwing | Red Eclipse
Smugglers Alliance:The home of Beer, Pie and Scoundrel minded folk.

Smashbrother
11.21.2012 , 08:14 PM | #13
Are the set bonuses still the same? Because I'm really tired of ****** set bonuses on certain classes, and godly ones on others.

Dracokyaku
11.21.2012 , 08:25 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
Are the set bonuses still the same? Because I'm really tired of ****** set bonuses on certain classes, and godly ones on others.
No change with the set bonuses.
Winter Silverwing | Red Eclipse
Smugglers Alliance:The home of Beer, Pie and Scoundrel minded folk.

fungihoujo
11.21.2012 , 10:26 PM | #15
Yay, more gear grind- because knowing you'll never have a full set of the best gear in pvp keeps people coming.

Must be why this game is flourishing right?

robotkar
11.22.2012 , 06:53 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by trezy View Post
Initially people complained that there was nothing to do one you obtained full WH.

Now that EWH is announced people are still complaining? Keep in mind that grinding pieces in this game is the only thing that keeps it fresh.(PvE is subjectively boring as hell)

If anything now people will be rolling alts even faster. Really though I would say it's a good thing considering the amount of new pvpers we have.
you are missing the point, dude.
in 2-3 months all PvP gear will be free for everybody, or you gear up in 2 days. Well for me it is not a challange.
Marsellus Wallace <HUN>
I want my rancors back
SWTOR Open PvP Concept - Faction Base System, Please /SIGN

SOULCASTER
11.22.2012 , 08:37 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by GARhenus View Post
I guess this is normal... i mean how many tiers does WoW armors have?
I don't know the answer to that, as I don't play WoW, but I do know enough to know that the root of all evil with gear grinds comes from WoW. They need to flush that kind of game-design down the toilet, ASAP.

No one wants to spend countless hours of real life time grinding gear that is obsolete ever few months, and have it handed out to new players at a 1/3 of the cost.

Bioware/EA are a joke, They have no idea how to run an MMO. They are just copying WoW's dated MMO style from circa 2005, 7 years ago. This will not work, and these kind of game designs will lead to this game being CLOSED in 2013.
Prophecy of the Five
www.WeaponsOfWarGuild.enjin.com
(5x) Season 1 All-Star Season 2 All-Star Season 3 Furious All-Star

dalin
11.22.2012 , 08:44 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Ovan_Oh-One View Post
It's an MMORPG. This happens all the time.
And people cry about it all the time like it's something new.
QFT, nothing to see here.

Jnaathra
11.22.2012 , 09:47 AM | #19
It is important to remember it does not work this way in all MMOs. While I am thankful they give people some gear to start in, I do hate that the outcome of many battles is deteremined by gear alone.

GW2 for example gives you a wide selection of pvp gear when you enter this mists. It is all free, you mix and match it as you see fit and test it on the combat golems in that area. Its not perfect, but you can't blame the outcome of a fight on not having gear. It also makes much more sense for their ranked tournaments, everyone is on level playing field.

They still give you stuff to earn, a pretty massive selection of skins to collect from doing Spvp.

Synxos
11.22.2012 , 10:45 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Ovan_Oh-One View Post
It's an MMORPG. This happens all the time.
And people cry about it all the time like it's something new.
not really....they generally add pvp content and updates along with a new set....this game hasn't seen a PvP content update in 6 months(we're still in "preseason" for cryin out loud), and instead of giving us real content, and an open world pvp system, they just throw us some new gear.....
This doesn't happen in other MMOs, and is bordering on disrespectful.