Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lag issues

JesterBear
11.21.2012 , 05:05 PM | #1
Please tell me I'm not the only one having major lag issues. I doubt it's my connection b/c no matter how bad the game connection gets, I still have internet connection. I don't understand why I can play for a minute, get the red X, get full signal again, play for a minute, get the red X again, then have to quit b/c I can't play.
"I'd rather be an open sinner than a false saint."

JesterBear
11.21.2012 , 10:03 PM | #2
Seriously, I need some kind of help with this. Between this and the Cartel Coin debacle, I'm so angry I'm shaking.

Menzoberanza
11.21.2012 , 10:15 PM | #3
Connection issues yeah I have them usualy after midnight, same as you red X then back to normal then X back to normal

Same goes for cartel coins -.-

So we are on same boat, but I forgot to take my life jacket with me
R.I.P. .

DZid
11.21.2012 , 10:59 PM | #4
Yeah i seem to have started having this as well, literaly only started an hour ago.
At first i tried to figure out what program on my system was trying to download an update until i realised i had nothing but swtor and the necessary windows processes etc running.
Done a few conection tests to just to make absolute sure it wasn't anything my end, but still no matterwhat i keep getting random lag spikes every 3-12 seconds ranging from anywhere between 1k-48k ping and with a few red X's..

So im pretty damn sure its the game servers (im on The Red Eclipse, EU side, if that matters much)

Though it seems theres a scheduled maintenance later so i guess it'll be fixed then *crosses fingers*

[EDIT]:- just got a nice healthy ping of over 120k time to log methinks x)

JesterBear
11.23.2012 , 10:03 AM | #5
Condense the servers, they said. It'll make the game better, they said.

SW_Blazer
11.23.2012 , 10:37 AM | #6
You're not the only one. The kids and I have noticed that it's been very bad the past few days. Last night I spent almost the entire hour I was playing with a connection showing > 800ms. Combat was rough but jumping around from pipe to platform trying to get a datacron was impossible. I'd always hang for a few moments and then get kicked back to the ground.

ziggytrix
11.24.2012 , 01:58 AM | #7
I'm on vacation, connecting to The Ebon Hawk (US East Coast) thru Comcast cable ISP in Little Rock, AR and it is TERRIBLE for me. I cannot complete a warzone, nor can I do anything involving a group (it's just not practical when you disconnect every 5 to 15 minutes). I've run thru a fair bit of troubleshooting and best I can figure there is just not a reliable enough connection between where I'm at and SWTOR's servers. I imagine there's nothing that can be done about this before I'm back on the road again, so I'm hoping when I get back home this issue will just disappear.

But since I'd like to do a bit more than just complain, I've included the relevant info that I've seen customer service requesting in other threads about these sorts of issues.

tracert.txt
Spoiler

pathping.txt
Spoiler
~Zigs~

adamqd
11.24.2012 , 02:16 AM | #8
I'm on the Ebon hawk, and I crash to desktop every 5 to 10 minutes

community/member.php?u=495
Need more inter-faction interaction! Come on, its an MMO!

MasterFeign
11.24.2012 , 02:18 AM | #9
I'm having these issues as well. And occasionally it seems to affect my internet connection as a whole (I don't know why). I'm quite confused about this whole thing that I almost think it could be my isp... but if this many people are having an issue...

I'd suggest sending in logs to their support email though, as the more they get, hopefully the more obvious a pattern will show as to why people are getting DC issues.

Razorhoof
11.24.2012 , 07:52 AM | #10
I've been having this problem also - I'm good for a few minutes and then I get the x. I watched my lag time shoot up to 160,000ms last night before I finally decided to quit and I'm seeing the same thing this morning. I know it's not my connection - I run a ton of online games (2 of them MMO) with virtually no lag or FPS problems.

I held off on TOR for a long time but finally decided to buy a sub and I wish I didn't regret it.