Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

new pvp gear is just a time sink not content

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
new pvp gear is just a time sink not content

randiesel
11.21.2012 , 04:58 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by criminalheretic View Post
They don't cater to Watchman/Annihilation... And they were trying to cater to the whiners, ended up screwing everyone except concealment ops, with the resolve changes so melee dps weren't roaming around the WZs like "wrecking balls with full resolve".
Wait, everyone got screwed on something except concealment Ops? So that's why I sit there mezzed for like 15 seconds, getting pissed as all hell, when a coordinated group uses back-to-back mezzes in a wz? Somehow my concealment Op is actually affected by that, must be a bug that affects only me.

...And how do they not cater to watchman spec? B/c they nerfed your healing a whole HALF a point in this last patch? Doesn't have the same burst as the other specs, but it has more sustained dmg. I can pull over 400k with my MK-1 recruit geared sentinel in watchman spec. I've seen watchman specs in WZs hit over 5k for their highest hit, so its not like the burst isn't there for that spec either.

My mind hurts thinking that a watchman sentinel would feel like they've gotten the shaft...

fungihoujo
11.21.2012 , 10:38 PM | #22
Hopefully this will make the gear grind pointless- so people in WH are on equal footing. Believe it or not but some people want to pvp just to pvp competitively- no huge gear handicaps, no gear grinds- just pvp because pvp is fun.

I know, I know- 'pvp without a grind!? That would never work'.

I guess that would explain why MOBAs, FPS and RTS games are the least popular online multi player games in the world huh? And why sports that don't have huge gear differences never get any interest? /sarcasm off

Maybe it's time for mmos to catch up with the rest of the competitive world and stop making it all about a gear crutch- leave gear grinds for pve care bears please.

DroidDreamer
11.21.2012 , 11:00 PM | #23
I like that, once 1.6 launches, all you will really need is WH + augments and you are really in the game. Gearheads, no disrespect intended, can still grind up to EWH for an edge and I am sure many will engage in optimization too (grinding Best in Slot mods, etc).

I wonder how this will shake out for those who have *already* optimized. Will they have to re-grind?
The DroidDreamer Legacy (Pot5 Server)
Eblen 50 Sorc heals | Sodan 50 Sniper | Trilliant 37 Immortal Jugg | Somnis 50 TankSin
They mark me with the lightning bolt in Huttball.