Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Any one else notice a ton of lag lately

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Any one else notice a ton of lag lately

killifishes
11.21.2012 , 01:07 PM | #1
I logged in for a bit today and did a few section x quests, and earlier this week on Monday I did a random FP and experienced a ton of lag. I first started playing swtor a few days after launch, and I never use to have lag issues. I was always the one that did not experience lag while other players did. Does this extra lag have some thing to do w/the f2p? I am sure it is not me every thing else runs beautifully. I have a custom computer for gaming ( don't remember all the technical stuff my husband built it but it is only about a yr old), I have 20mb & I get all of it. So yeah I hope the lag doesn't last forever.

& I meant to post this in customer service, I think when I logged in it automatically took me to community.

SlimsPicken
11.21.2012 , 05:51 PM | #2
why yes. yes i have.
For every man there is a sentence, a string of words, which has the power to destroy him.

uniz
11.22.2012 , 09:03 AM | #3
yes and it isn't limited to the new zones but to other places that f2p people have to pay to go. so it cant be blamed solely on that.

bahdasz
11.22.2012 , 11:17 AM | #4
Yes, sometimes with ping so bad I lose connection. Oddly though my network sharing center shows a good connection and a ping test shows nothing out of the ordinary. The minute it does it I can log straight back into the game, so it's not like I have to reset my connection. There's something way wrong with thier servers, that's for sure.

And it happens pretty much anywhere, and at random.

killifishes
11.22.2012 , 12:35 PM | #5
Last night I did the first two bosses of ec sm and tfb sm and then nim kp & I didn't notice a ton of lag. I seemed to be back to normal. I am not sure how heavy the population was for my server though, maybe it wasn't super populated because it was thanksgiving eve.

Willhousefour
11.23.2012 , 08:43 AM | #6
I haven't noticed "a ton"; maybe a pound, but it does seem like more than before and certainly more than I'd like.

JoburLinca
11.24.2012 , 04:11 PM | #7
I have had a lot of lag issues for the last few days, since the 1.5 update. :-(

Kirameki
11.24.2012 , 04:34 PM | #8
No lag, except when I enter the fleet. Then it's baywatch walking...
"Why you stuck-up, half-witted, scruffy-looking nerf-herder!"
Twitter | Raptr | Tumblr
My refer a friend link

Luxidenstore
11.24.2012 , 04:39 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Kirameki View Post
No lag, except when I enter the fleet. Then it's baywatch walking...
That's a feature!

But on topic, yes I have been experiencing a noticeable decline after 1.5, and I expect it to be resolved asap. Not because of faith in them, but because the fact that I, as a paying customer, have had a worse quality experince technically after they opened F2P is not good. At all.

DaWaffle
11.25.2012 , 07:13 AM | #10
Yes, actually. It'd be fine if it wasn't accompanied by this irritating buzzing noise.