Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sorcerer in PVP, Weak

islander
11.28.2012 , 05:03 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by MarkoJinn View Post
Thank for the info will try your DPS build advice tonight. I know what you mean about thundering blast... By the time that thing deploys I've already been killed 3 times by the sentinel/guardians alike...
I dont bother with the chain lightning. Ridiculous wait on it, or staring at the task bar hoping the instant proc happens and then you target a group.

I use this: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#20...zZf0RroMbZ0M.2

I've seen a version of this that skips out on the 2 willpower points and puts it into corruption (2 points life surge, usually) but I personally prefer the extra 80 willpower.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

MusicRider
11.28.2012 , 06:01 PM | #42
Healing spec this:
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#60...zZf0rr0MbZ0M.2
Feel free to take 1 point off valiance to confound for kiting.

lokdron
11.28.2012 , 10:13 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by islander View Post
I agree, however, Bioware's decided we need to be a utility role. :/
I mean, I know it's valuable in group combat, so I'm okay with the trade off.
I did not roll dps to be utility I rolled dps to dps and lets not forget the fact that marauder has insane utility and dps.
You have seen it, you have felt it within you as you have traveled with me. The growing anger, the rage, and the power it brings. Yet the power does not build without struggle. Through small cruelties greater ones are born. Kriea/Darth Traya
Dark side eye topic make your voice heard if you want canon movie sith eyes!

fungihoujo
11.29.2012 , 12:05 AM | #44
Frankly- it would be nice if procs showed up brightly in the scrolling combat text- something saying 'lightning storm proc' floating up with the damage numbers would be fantastic- as looking at your row of buffs is stupid.

That'd be something that'd benefit everyone.

chaosmadness
11.29.2012 , 06:10 AM | #45
This thread should be moved to the appropriate sub-forum class AKA advanced class.

islander
11.29.2012 , 09:44 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by chaosmadness View Post
This thread should be moved to the appropriate sub-forum class AKA advanced class.
Agreed...because the assassin class is actually worth a crap. It's the sorcerer class that's a joke.

fungihoujo
11.29.2012 , 12:22 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by islander View Post
Agreed...because the assassin class is actually worth a crap. It's the sorcerer class that's a joke.
Though if they think it's about the assassin, BW might read it.

veyl
11.29.2012 , 12:57 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by AdmiralParmesan View Post
First of all the post is completely inaccurate but there are so many problems with it I will break it down for you.

Burst is what matters in pvp whether it is AOE or single target. Even if sorcs had the single target burst marauders have they still would not be as good as marauders. This is actually because of several reasons. First of all Sorc damage is unreliable. All of our good damage eventually relies on casting, which every class in the game has an interrupt off global cooldown so casting is not always an option. Due to our low defenses we are required to kite melee in order to survive, however since our casts make us immobile we can not produce good damage while kiting. Marauder has excellent defenses, reliable damage, excellent burst and THE BEST GROUP PVP UTILITY IN GAME. Even if marauders were the worst class in the game, they would still be taken for predation in rated groups.

You see while dotting up several targets using affliction looks nice on the damage board it doesn't contribute to the kill. You seem to believe that this AOE justifies the class, but in actuality the sorc aoe abilities are only good for pointlessly spreading damage over time. Forcestorm does low damage and leaves you immobile, and affliction tab dotting hardly causes a threat. Chain lightning only hits hard off of crit in full lightning spec, and you can only get a proc for it off of casts. So that leaves deathfeild as our best aoe ability, which that move alone far from justifies a sorc DPS in rated.

Sustained AOE does not matter in ranked when high burst focus fire nets a good team kills in seconds. Sustained AOE might get you the numbers at the end of the match, but in reality you did little else other than slightly pressure the enemy team.
QFT. I'll also add that the only justification teams have to bring sorcs now is the broken bubble hybrid.. until it gets nerfed. Then it'll be right back to the red headed step child of DPS in pvp. Lets also face it: PvE damage isn't much better. It's nowhere near that 5% disparity BS line that Bioware likes to harp on.

islander
11.29.2012 , 02:09 PM | #49
Well from a DPS standpoint, yeah. Sorc still make good healers (pure). I just have to keep telling the pure 31 point sorc healer grouped with me in a warzone to leave the bubbles for me if we're in the same area...

ruffuswm
11.29.2012 , 03:37 PM | #50
lol yeaaa k
You shouldn't throw stones if you live in a glass house, and if you have a glass jaw, you should watch your mouth.