Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sorcerer in PVP, Weak

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Sorcerer in PVP, Weak

Jarcoby
11.28.2012 , 03:09 AM | #31
Yes, well you shouldn't have to run. But what's up with the juggernaut, what's supposed to de the defensive tank, busting out the highest damage? Doesn't look very defensive with damage like that.
I find your lack of cookies disturbing.

MusicRider
11.28.2012 , 10:30 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by SassyJaxy View Post
I hate that a DPS can kill me in 3-4 secs and I have 19.5khp and 1294 expertise and cannot even get him down to 2/3 of his health. I know we are healers but the need to defend ourselves in PVP should exist, worst class for Hutt ball too, too slow and very easy to stop and kill. Do other see this too. I going to level one of DPS chars to 50.
Healer sages probably one of the very good classes for hutball, non-rooted force speed, pull, heals, bubble stuns, knockbacks. I am afraid but this is a L2P thing.

MusicRider
11.28.2012 , 10:31 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Jarcoby View Post
Yes, well you shouldn't have to run.
You are confused with mercenaries.

MarkoJinn
11.28.2012 , 01:42 PM | #34
So on this topic can any of you successful PVPers share some of your builds for sorcerer? I'm using a DPS sorcerer with most of my skills in lightning but I don't seems to be doing very well...

Can anyone please post a viable DPS sorcerer build link? I would really appreciate it...
What if he doesn't survive? He's worth a lot to me.

fungihoujo
11.28.2012 , 02:08 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by MarkoJinn View Post
So on this topic can any of you successful PVPers share some of your builds for sorcerer? I'm using a DPS sorcerer with most of my skills in lightning but I don't seems to be doing very well...

Can anyone please post a viable DPS sorcerer build link? I would really appreciate it...
Best spec you can go with is reroll marauder- BW loves them.

MarkoJinn
11.28.2012 , 02:49 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by fungihoujo View Post
Best spec you can go with is reroll marauder- BW loves them.
I'm aware that marauders are OP right now but I'm looking for a good sorcerer DPS build anyway...

MusicRider
11.28.2012 , 02:51 PM | #37
This
http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/...e2dfef2de2f20:
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#60...bMdZfMcRsMkM.2
Feel free to change drain thoughts with assertion. 2 pieces force mystic and 2 pieces force master.

fungihoujo
11.28.2012 , 03:14 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by MarkoJinn View Post
I'm aware that marauders are OP right now but I'm looking for a good sorcerer DPS build anyway...
21/20/0 works for me- I get innervate, stun bubble and chain lightning. Fair warning- your damage is kinda lolz... full BM with some WH, augmented and my CL doesn't even crit over 2.5k for the medal, it's a joke. Still- some CC, you're useful for your team and still have some healing capabilities.

Ultimately- any pvp spec must have the stun bubble, so you can't get any 31 point talents (which is fine- 31 points all suck for pvp anyway).

If you want to go DPS- you'll likely be going similar number just into madness rather than corruption until you get crushing darkness insta-procs.

Ultimately though- you're a bubble with a bit of healing or damage.

edit- you'll want 0/17/16 at the least- after that you can go 7 into healing for a faster DI, some crit and 10% more damage to death field, lightning storm and chain lightning. I'd suggest one more point in lightning for the instant CL procs after you get the stun bubble- you can go up to 24 to get forked lightning procs. Or, you can go a bit deeper in madness to get more crushing darkness damage, and the vital death mark talent for bigger dot damage.

Ultimately though, pvp without stun bubble and root KB is foolish- which is unfortunate since hybridizing means splitting your talent boosts rather than focusing, meaning any ideal build has subpar damage. Pure builds though don't do much more damage, and have such poor survivability it's not worth it- and going full lightning doesn't help either as long as thundering blast is as terrible as it is.

MarkoJinn
11.28.2012 , 03:30 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by fungihoujo View Post
21/20/0 works for me- I get innervate, stun bubble and chain lightning. Fair warning- your damage is kinda lolz... full BM with some WH, augmented and my CL doesn't even crit over 2.5k for the medal, it's a joke. Still- some CC, you're useful for your team and still have some healing capabilities.

Ultimately- any pvp spec must have the stun bubble, so you can't get any 31 point talents (which is fine- 31 points all suck for pvp anyway).

If you want to go DPS- you'll likely be going similar number just into madness rather than corruption until you get crushing darkness insta-procs.

Ultimately though- you're a bubble with a bit of healing or damage.

edit- you'll want 0/17/16 at the least- after that you can go 7 into healing for a faster DI, some crit and 10% more damage to death field, lightning storm and chain lightning. I'd suggest one more point in lightning for the instant CL procs after you get the stun bubble- you can go up to 24 to get forked lightning procs. Or, you can go a bit deeper in madness to get more crushing darkness damage, and the vital death mark talent for bigger dot damage.

Ultimately though, pvp without stun bubble and root KB is foolish- which is unfortunate since hybridizing means splitting your talent boosts rather than focusing, meaning any ideal build has subpar damage. Pure builds though don't do much more damage, and have such poor survivability it's not worth it- and going full lightning doesn't help either as long as thundering blast is as terrible as it is.
Thank for the info will try your DPS build advice tonight. I know what you mean about thundering blast... By the time that thing deploys I've already been killed 3 times by the sentinel/guardians alike...

islander
11.28.2012 , 04:59 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Jarcoby View Post
Yes, well you shouldn't have to run. But what's up with the juggernaut, what's supposed to de the defensive tank, busting out the highest damage? Doesn't look very defensive with damage like that.
I agree, however, Bioware's decided we need to be a utility role. :/
I mean, I know it's valuable in group combat, so I'm okay with the trade off.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five