Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Battlemaster Gear is Gone in 1.6

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Battlemaster Gear is Gone in 1.6

cycao's Avatar


cycao
11.21.2012 , 12:26 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
SO summary of all the stats and math that people are posting that hurts my brain is.... WH post 1.6 = BM pre 1.6 stat wise?

If so... why wouldn't they keep the BM gear since it looks different. I'm tired of "new gear" just being a different color.

Cusomtization junkie if you couldn't tell.
Quit being a junkie because junkies are bad mmmmmkay

Theagg's Avatar


Theagg
11.21.2012 , 12:28 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Simbr View Post
why do they keep getting rid of gear? Surely they should be adding more. So that's Recruit, Centurion, Champion and now Battlemaster gear removed, for WH the ugliest armor in history

People will still whine about the gear gap, so why have one at all? Just give everyone everything now , that's the direction this game is going in. Perhaps they should sell Valor via CC's or is that being removed as well?
Yep, it is strange isn't it. They keep mothballing gear in PVP whilst conversely adding extra tiers of gear in PVE.

CharterMonkKent's Avatar


CharterMonkKent
11.21.2012 , 01:07 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Simbr View Post
why do they keep getting rid of gear? Surely they should be adding more. So that's Recruit, Centurion, Champion and now Battlemaster gear removed, for WH the ugliest armor in history

People will still whine about the gear gap, so why have one at all? Just give everyone everything now , that's the direction this game is going in. Perhaps they should sell Valor via CC's or is that being removed as well?
I think/hope the PvP gear gap whining will start to fade away. It may become so obvious that gear is not an issue a month after this patch goes live that those who complain on the forums will get internet shamed.
Wnk & Zlk & Knk & Xlk & Znk & Ynk & Tnk & Qnk & Chart
<Nothing Personal>
+ =

Technohic's Avatar


Technohic
11.21.2012 , 01:23 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by CharterMonkKent View Post
I think/hope the PvP gear gap whining will start to fade away. It may become so obvious that gear is not an issue a month after this patch goes live that those who complain on the forums will get internet shamed.
They will anyway just by the existence of what 1.6 does. Not to mention what they had just got done doing with increasing the comm cap in 1.5.

I wouldn't be surprised if people start whining about augments next and how they don't want to have to do dailies to get the creds to afford them.

DirtyDusty's Avatar


DirtyDusty
11.21.2012 , 02:12 PM | #35
So what happens to the bm gear if our characters are wearing it when the patch hits? is it converted to WH? What if it is augmented?

Jadescythe's Avatar


Jadescythe
11.21.2012 , 02:13 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by DirtyDusty View Post
So what happens to the bm gear if our characters are wearing it when the patch hits? is it converted to WH? What if it is augmented?
They only mean the ability to purchase it has been removed
I have opinions and stuff

You could get free stuff with my referral link here

DirtyDusty's Avatar


DirtyDusty
11.21.2012 , 03:31 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
They only mean the ability to purchase it has been removed
i see, thanks

L-RANDLE's Avatar


L-RANDLE
11.21.2012 , 03:41 PM | #38
The thing that pisses me off is that I got 4EA BM gloves sitting in my cargo hold waiting for the comms to trade up for my BiS WH mod... Wasted 2500 comms....

/shakes fist at BW & gear QQbabies


Maybe they should allow a BM gear trade in for comms. Not even the same amount but a "for your troubles" amount. It would smooth things over a bit in my book....
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

vimm's Avatar


vimm
11.21.2012 , 03:45 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Yes it appears that players will not longer be able to complain about a gear gap (thank the lord).
No longer be able to complain about the gear gap? We'll see about that, lol.
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

Technohic's Avatar


Technohic
11.21.2012 , 03:46 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
The thing that pisses me off is that I got 4EA BM gloves sitting in my cargo hold waiting for the comms to trade up for my BiS WH mod... Wasted 2500 comms....

/shakes fist at BW & gear QQbabies


Maybe they should allow a BM gear trade in for comms. Not even the same amount but a "for your troubles" amount. It would smooth things over a bit in my book....
I have 4 toons in a mix of BM and recruit. I would love for this to happen.