Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

pvp abilitys

11.21.2012 , 04:40 AM | #1
i have noticed a lot of abilitys, that dosnt matter where you stand, behind or in front will still hit you. take for exc. jugernaught ravange ability, if front or behind you will still be hit by it.... an ability like that should be a radius in front of the main charater not 360. it ruins pvp when you can't use evation on the players end to prevent this super hard hitting ability. and with other classes. whos with me on this, and please no trolls who have it out for spelling grammer. fix the more stand and click for pvp!

11.21.2012 , 04:54 AM | #2
Apparently they don't teach spelling and grammar in grade school anymore.

Oh, and you have to be facing your target for most abilities...including Ravage.

11.21.2012 , 05:13 AM | #3
I have a Juggernaut and I can assure you that ravage only works if your target is in front of you - Sounds like you have a lag issue if your experience is any different.

Just a thought as to what you may be experiencing which is autofacing - as long as the target is valid at the start of a cast ability, the caster will turn to face the target if they try to move to the side or behind the caster, until the cast ends. Ravage is a cast ability.

Most serious PvPers dont like autofacing but its part of this particular game I,m afraid.

11.21.2012 , 08:49 AM | #4
The target must be within 4m and in front of the Knight/Warrior when started. However it has a 10m max range once the channel starts in all directions.

Your best bet is strafe away in whatever direction you were currently moving. Your going to get caught by the first 2 ticks but it's that last one you really need to get away from. If you have a KB now would be a good time to use it. I would recommend saving the stun for a Mara/Sents Guarded by Bioware.

The reason BW did this is because no one would get hit by it otherwise. You could could side step and completely avoid it. Since there is no hit detection for players you can run right through him and be behind him, that's why there is autofacing. I would have no problem turning my char. to face people but they fact they can run straight through you would make it very difficult and more frustrating than anything else.
Keef-Stone 60 Serenity | | Keets-Stone 60 Seer | | Keith-Stone 60 Combat Medic | | Keeth-Stone 60 Vigilance
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | CaptBeers 60 Arsenal | | Kee'th 60 Pyrotech | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics