Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Server lag is inexcusable

lklinga
11.21.2012 , 04:04 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by murshawursha View Post
Sigh... This is the exact same complaint people had at launch - "OMG server queues/lag suck, open more servers Bioware!" So they did, and then when the launch rush ended, the complaint became, "OMG BIOWARE WHY U OPEN SO MANY SERVERS NOW I HAVE NO ONE TO PLAY WITH SERVER CONSOLIDATIONS PLS!"

You really expect them to make the same mistake twice? Give it a couple weeks, the rush will die down, server populations will stabilize again, and everything will be just like it was before.
Pretty much this people always whine. Before they add servers or hardware they should wait for 2 to 3 weeks at minimum so they know how much hardware they need.

I personally do not experience the issues on The Progenitor and that is the heaviest in the EU region I think.

DarthZak
11.21.2012 , 04:11 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by lklinga View Post
Pretty much this people always whine. Before they add servers or hardware they should wait for 2 to 3 weeks at minimum so they know how much hardware they need.

I personally do not experience the issues on The Progenitor and that is the heaviest in the EU region I think.
Im not whining, Im making a statement. There is an anticipating they should've done. There are people being paid by EA to figure out how much money F2P would make and how many people would most likely join. They calculate this not for the techs but for the stockholders and the upper management to make sure they still make money.
That means they have the info there but they refuse to use it.
Even if the servers settle over the course of 2 months then that means that everyone on my server (and others) will have to deal with lag and framerate issues for 2 months? Just because they dont want to shell that extra few grand on bigger servers? Not good enough.
The Peacecraft Legacy
Elycia , Mariemaia , Minagoroshi

lklinga
11.21.2012 , 05:04 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthZak View Post
Im not whining, Im making a statement. There is an anticipating they should've done. There are people being paid by EA to figure out how much money F2P would make and how many people would most likely join. They calculate this not for the techs but for the stockholders and the upper management to make sure they still make money.
That means they have the info there but they refuse to use it.
Even if the servers settle over the course of 2 months then that means that everyone on my server (and others) will have to deal with lag and framerate issues for 2 months? Just because they dont want to shell that extra few grand on bigger servers? Not good enough.
And here is the entitlement. Not good enough ? I am on a very busy server for example and I do not have any of the issues you describe. So they estimated how many people are going to be influenced and what are the risks and potential revenue impacts. IF those are smaller then cost of the new sever hardware then they did not upgrade or add new servers. It is really simple business logic. But because of you having problems they are going to change course and spend several hundred thousands on new iron hmmmm....

See my point they know the average per account revenue per anum and if you have in this thread so many people that be complaining that all those accounts will add to be more or equal to the costs they will do it.

You can not possibly estimate how many people will join up for f2p with any reliability that is needed for infrastructure upgrade anyone who tells you that is lying.

Alec_Fortescue
11.21.2012 , 06:37 AM | #14
Normally my ping is 23ms but the game plays like if it was well over 300 at times. Especially highly populated zones. No, not fps. Actual lag when my ability is used few seconds after selection. My ping also likes jumping high and losing one line for several seconds. Enough to get you annoyed. And for God's sake, fix the memory leaks

Carambole
11.21.2012 , 09:30 AM | #15
Server lag is there. I personally find it very suspicious if someone says they don't have any lag. It's widespread. You CANNOT. I repeat. Cannot do your missions in section x. It actually used to be as bad in Black Hole. I cannot for the life of me understand why BW and co continue to milk us without fixing game breaking stuff!!

It is easy for a well content to say, well don't play. Get out of here. I invested in the game since beta and the game is good and so are the people who created it. It's just that these issues break the game for many and people are turning a blind eye to it.

I expect them to be professionals or else I would have left (which I sorta have since I unsubbed).

I remember beta and the first 2 months. I remember riding a speeder in hutta and the stuttering was immense. I was like **** my computer can't run the game? I also remember 4-5 months of everyone trying to tweak the game when in reality something was and is wrong with the design. If they could say they were working on it instead of releasing F2P I would understand.
The Unknown is Shifting

www.gamezoneeden.se

Soluss
11.21.2012 , 09:45 AM | #16
INB4 the biodrones with the... just patiently wait, its only been 6 months of lag problems. INB4 the biodrones say.... what are you talking about... the game runs great on my 4 year old computer with dial up access. INB4 the biodrones tell you.... youre just an inpatient self entitled (insert name here)

Oh wait... I was too late.
James Ohlen: " For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."

Mazikeen
11.21.2012 , 09:49 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthZak View Post
The crashing was bad in 1.4 but with the F2P in 1.5 and the influx of people its stacking with massive server lag making primetime unbearable. This is robbing me and a lot of other players from enjoyment.
Please tell this to all the thread-creators whining about how they don't get X or Y as a F2P player, would you? You know the type, the ones that want more access to this or that, or more toolbars, etc.
"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

DanaDark
11.21.2012 , 09:52 AM | #18
Hmm, I have rarely ever had server lag, even on prime times and highly populated zones...

Maybe I am just lucky... hope I am not hogging all the bandwith... OH GOD AM I THE CULPRIT?! -runs out crying-

Raideag
11.21.2012 , 09:57 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by DanaDark View Post
Hmm, I have rarely ever had server lag, even on prime times and highly populated zones...

Maybe I am just lucky... hope I am not hogging all the bandwith... OH GOD AM I THE CULPRIT?! -runs out crying-
Nope, your not the culprit. I'm in there with you, I hardly have any lag as well. I might get a spike every couple days or so. Yet it's probably usually caused by someone around me that has crapping internet and the Game is DDOS'ing the server with syn statements trying to get an acknowledged return from the server. Which in turn causes problems for everyone else around them.
The Wampas Legacy - lvl 50 - Jedi Covenant
Genla (50) Ossktini (50) Aldius (50) Dodman (50) Senturi (50) Maffis (50)
Raideag (50) Osskto (50)

Urael
11.21.2012 , 10:08 AM | #20
So many saying "because they don't have problems; there is no problem."

There is a problem. Dallas Dickinson admitted that the SWTOR version of the Hero Engine needs an overhaul and are working on it to address this issue (specific to the influx of free loaders). The problem has been plaguing WZs for a while now.

He gave no estimate as to when this would be corrected but, he did acknowledge there was a problem (search for threads about the Austin Cantina Crawl).