Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Preview Window glitch information/workaround

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Preview Window glitch information/workaround

battycoda
11.21.2012 , 01:12 AM | #1
I have been having issues with my preview window since 1.5 and have come across a workaround that was offered to me in the forums.

See these threads as well: My original post and this post where Wolvereen found a workaround for more info. (Thank you, Wolvereen!)

To this point, I could not preview my comps in my window. I had changed all settings for graphics one by one from low to high troubleshooting, changed resolutions from 1440x900 to 1920x1080, installed new video drivers, changed video hardware render settings, and even reinstalled SWTOR after the repair scan found nothing. None of these things worked. My comps were only naked feet on my screen and other issues like I could not change comp views or the comp was lost and could not be viewed again.

Someone in the forums shot me a message that I might try removing any Customized Skins. I had forgotten I even had these equipped!! Sure enough, my preview window is now working fully except you cannot view Customized Skins or it will introduce the glitch like stated above.

The fix is to remove all Customized Skins from all your comps. This will restore functionality. As a note, you can equip them for gameplay but you must take them out before doing previews. The Skins function normally in the game world. But there is a bug in them when previewed. I hope this helps.