Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The strange behavior of the players in the flashpoints

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
The strange behavior of the players in the flashpoints

Andrey_Siberya
11.20.2012 , 09:23 PM | #1
I have a lot of experience playing in WoW (more than 3 years), on russian server. I have tried all of the roles in the game. But now, with the renewal subscription SWTOR, and began to play a healer, I encountered a very strange behavior of the vast majority of players. For example: almost no one recovers his health, and resources, after the battle meditation, and other abilities. All, just immediately run to the next mob puck without looking at their own health.
In WoW, it is difficult to find a tank that it attacked the new pack of strong mobs with 50% health. In SVTOR is this a common thing. In WoW, a few more can be found of the tank, which will start the fight when healer out of mana, or the doctor is not there. In SVTOR it constantly. The fact that people have to help the tank, and beat his goal, I did not even mention.
What is this? I just had bad luck with groups? Or is it not a basic understanding of MMO game players? Or simply a cultural feature of english game worlds?
Please do not tell me to go back to WoW. I like it a lot SWTOR despite the large number of drawbacks. I just wanted to find out why.
Sorry for my bad English.

sankalp
11.20.2012 , 09:33 PM | #2
prolly bad luck. I think it will be a mix of people who use time to get health/force back and those that dont.

an even mix I would say. so atleast half the people will jump into the next fight or expect the healer to top them up

MorgonKara
11.20.2012 , 09:47 PM | #3
There are tons of people that just don't take the time to learn how to play in a group. Even worse, they get mad when you try to teach them, like you are trying to insult them by teaching them how to win.

Just recently I did Maelstrom Prison with a PUG and the healer was the one running ahead and starting fights without waiting for people to rest. At one point I had to type "STOP" in chat because he kept going even when a group member died. Clueless. I don't think he even knew he was the healer until I told him.
Armormech-Armstech-Chemist-Mor-gon-M'orgon-Maxxi
Armormech-Armstech-Biochem-Artifice-Synthweaving-Cybertech
The Craft Legacy ~The Ebon Hawk

MorgonKara
11.20.2012 , 10:03 PM | #4
The worst are the people that don't even bother to stop and loot the corpses.
Armormech-Armstech-Chemist-Mor-gon-M'orgon-Maxxi
Armormech-Armstech-Biochem-Artifice-Synthweaving-Cybertech
The Craft Legacy ~The Ebon Hawk

Dacce
11.20.2012 , 10:45 PM | #5
Don't you have a job Arcain? Or are you like me sitting at work trolling the forums?
Visage - Dace - Fat'Clam - Fistula - Shimini - Malikada

PaintSticks
11.20.2012 , 11:01 PM | #6
I thought it was pretty standard for groups to do this. For Hardmode Flashpoints, you want to get in and out as quick as you can, so just having the healer heal along the way is the easiest. Its not for all players i guess, but playing an agent healer i find its just really easy to heal as people run along.

kirorx
11.20.2012 , 11:05 PM | #7
It been a year and its mostly the same flashpoints. a team in BH and Rakkata gear does not need to rest much during a Black Talon run.
Watch the Clowder of Cather in this video http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j7uTcYvoEbU

Prettyevilish
11.20.2012 , 11:16 PM | #8
I largely play as healers so the not topping themselves up using recuperate between battles drives me mad. It is not my job to use my precious force/ammo cells to top you up! And it is not easy for me to use up my ammo cells on a commando medic to heal between battles seeing as the cells are extremely limited and do not recharge very quickly. Besides, if I do that then I have to take a few seconds to meditate/reload and it takes just as long to move on to the next mob as if you did it yourself. Of course, some don't even give me the time to recharge before moving on to the next mob when I am nice enough to top them off so if it's a boss fight I may end up running out of power just because everyone wanted topped up.

I've gotten to the point where I give one warning 'stop and heal yourself' very politely. If they do not obey, they do not get healing during the next mob fight. If they die, too bad for them, should have listened. And if they die or get very low on health and complain about me not doing my job, I will tell them again, "should have healed between fights so you don't put so much pressure on me. The tank needs me more than you do". I find the best way to make these stubborn people learn is to let them die, or get very close to it. I've even done this to tanks that won't behave; you don't get to be a speshul snowflake just cuz you're the tank, I will just call in a guildie to replace you if I need to.

I do the exact same thing with people who break CC right off the bat - mark the CC, say 'cc'ing target', wait a second for everyone to get the message and then cast CC. Person instantly jumps the targeted guy. He gets one warning that I am CC'ing that guy so do not attack him (if he asks what CC means, I am more than happy to explain it as well; I am patient, even if it should have been asked the first time it was said). If he does it again, he gets no heals. And if I'm tanking then I make it a point not to taunt that enemy off the person that broke it. You broke it, you deal with him. (This only applies to an instantly broken CC, not one broken accidentally in the midst of combat unless it's the same person making the same accident repeatedly).

Thankfully the guy who expects me to top him up or who breaks the CC immediately is usually just one person in the FP and is usually just a DPS (have rarely had tanks do this and 99% of them heal themselves between battle when I remind them). So, if that DPS consistently refuses to heal between battles or stop breaking CC - thus making me not heal him during the fight - he's easy enough to kick and replace. Heck, we've replaced such players with companions and completed the FP EASIER than when the player was there.

If enough people give gentle reminders and then start refusing to heal/tank for these people they WILL learn to start behaving themselves between and during fights.

Elyssandra
11.21.2012 , 12:47 AM | #9
If the group is geared enough and comfortable enough to chain pull, etc it's fun :P

Once I did see a tank pulling a boss (no less) while the healer was low on force and I told him not to do that again. He agreed and the rest of the flashpoint was good :P If you see people indulging in less than desirable behavior just speak up

Brittaany_Banks
11.21.2012 , 03:19 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by PaintSticks View Post
I thought it was pretty standard for groups to do this. For Hardmode Flashpoints, you want to get in and out as quick as you can, so just having the healer heal along the way is the easiest. Its not for all players i guess, but playing an agent healer i find its just really easy to heal as people run along.
There is a difference between speed running and crippling your groups chances. If your entire group jumps into a group of mobs when they are at 50% health and resources you are stressing the crap out of that healer and the group will wipe. It will wind up taking more time then
I don't care who you are. I don't care if you are male, or female, black, or white, gay, or straight, religious, or non-religious, old or young. I care about 3 things. Can you tank properly? Can you DPS properly? Can you heal properly?