Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please Improve Customer Service (And Help Me If Possible)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Please Improve Customer Service (And Help Me If Possible)

UltraMav
11.20.2012 , 08:51 PM | #1
Hello, I have been a subscriber since the launch of the game and have enjoyed the experience greatly throughout my time with it. However, a recent experience has irked me a bit and I wanted to post in the hopes that not only customer service could address my specific issue, but also to raise your awareness that customer service practices need to be improved upon as a whole.

Friday evening on "The Bastion," the server underwent a rollback of approximately 30 minutes or so (which as far as I am aware, BW has yet to acknowledge), which reset many players' progress/items/etc. I personally lost some cartel coins/items and sent the following ticket (#6822378) to customer service.

Quote:
11/16/2012 - Hello, I had just spent the majority of my Cartel Coins (approximately 1200 or so) on some gambling boxes. Shortly afterward the server underwent a reset (as it appears to me) and I lost the items fromt he boxes I purchased, but the Cartel Coins I had spent are still missing from my account. Any help in either restoring my lost items or in returning my coins would be appreciated.

Update: 11/18/2012 - Checking the ledger on SWTOR.com, I can get a little more specific. I am missing 1260 Cartel Coins, and the items that were removed with rollback came out of: 4 Crime Lord Cartel Packs and 1 Black Market Cartel Pack.
Note that I made a mistake above in the count of my cartel coins (I wrote 1260, and it should have been 1620), which could possibly cause some confusion, so my apologies if this occurred. Anyways, I waited for 4 days with no response. I know that Customer Service was completely swamped this weekend, but I would expect that BW/EA knew ahead of time that CS would need to be bolstered in order to handle a large influx of issues with the launch of the F2P system. Regardless of the ratio of complaints to personnel responding to them, when I finally did get a response today, this is what I received:

Quote:
Greetings,

I am Protocol Droid M0-T0, Human Cyborg Relations.

Thank you for contacting us regarding your Cartel Coins.

We have become aware that players have expressed concern about the number of Cartel Coins listed on their individual Cartel Coin Ledger page.

We would like to clarify the following information for you:

* Cartel Coins are not awarded for the 30 days free game time included with the purchase of the game
* Cartel Coins are not awarded for the 30 days free game time awarded as part of the loyalty program earlier this year
* Cartel Coins are not awarded for any compensation time granted to your account for any other reason

For more information on Cartel Coins and the Free-to-Play option, please see this news article on our website: http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20121016 or visit our dedicated help center section: http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/6449

If you believe that you have still received the incorrect amount of Cartel Coins since the launch of Free to Play, then please submit a new ticket and an agent will investigate your issue as soon as possible.

Please note that our Customer Service team cannot provide any additional information on Cartel Coins rewards. We recommend that you keep an eye on http://www.swtor.com/free/features for any future announcements.

Should you require further assistance with any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Galactic Support is our specialty...

Sincerely,

Protocol Droid M0-T0
Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service
As you can see this is clearly a form letter sent out to deal with general queries regarding what players may perceive to be an incorrect amount of Cartel Coins issued to them prior to the F2P launch, based on their sub-length. Obviously the CS representative did not even read my ticket, and simply saw that it involved Cartel Coins, snapped off a form letter, and closed my ticket, informing me to send another one if I felt this was unsatisfactory. This is not only unsatisfactory, it is ridiculous, especially when it takes 4 days to respond to an issue. Of course I have little choice in the matter, so I sent both an online form through this site and another in-game ticket (#6885546) regarding the issue, copied below:

Quote:
Hello, I am writing you concerning an issue that affected the server "The Bastion" on Friday, November 16th. I have already sent in a ticket regarding the issue, which was apparently not read, as I received a form letter not pertaining to my problem. I am writing this (and submitting another in-game ticket) in the hopes that my problem is properly looked into this time.

It seems that there was some sort of reset of The Bastion on Friday evening, rolling back approximately 20 minutes or so of everybody's progress. I had spent 1620 cartel coins on 4 Crime Lord Cartel Packs and 1 Black Market Cartel pack. Upon the reset, I lost all the items from those packs, but the 1260 Cartel Coins remained absent from my account. I had mistakenly written before that I was short 1260 coins, as I had misread the ledger, so my apologies for that error and if it caused confusion. The correct amount of missing coins is 1620.

Please pass on my disapproval at the practice of SWTOR customer service representatives responding to tickets without reading them thoroughly. Waiting 4 days for a pre-written response that does not pertain to the issue at hand is very poor customer service.

Once again, any help in either restoring my lost Cartel Coins (1620) or my items (4 Crime Lord Packs, 1 Black Market Cartel Pack) is greatly appreciated. I look forward to hearing from you.
I am posting this to not only get a resolution to my issue, but to point out yet another case in which SWTOR Customer Service has dropped the ball, in the hopes that you take strides to improve the service in the future. Thank you for your time and as mentioned above, any help is appreciated.

AmadeusM
11.22.2012 , 02:37 AM | #2
Wow, I'd have unsubbed if that happened to me. Any luck yet? I know a guy who has a similar problem and is looking for a fix.

Lisidious
11.22.2012 , 02:46 AM | #3
Same here. This M0-T0 person doesn't bother to read a single word other than "cartel coins" before sending out the ridiculous form letter response.

I'm owed 1,000 coins for owning a Collector's Edition.

I have had to submit 4 tickets because I keep getting this SAME CSR with the same response that has nothing to do with my situation telling me to submit a new ticket if this doesn't solve the issue.

My husband has a Collector's Edition. He received his 1,000 coins for it.
I have a Collector's Edition. I have yet to receive my 1,000 coins for it.

This ....person....keeps sending the same copy and paste response, and we are not the ONLY ones who've had the unfortunate displeasure to deal with M0-T0 that doesn't actually read the tickets.

BioWare....perhaps it would help if you informed M0-T0 that they are NOT an actual droid, so behaving like an automated bot is not customer service.

L

Caminari
11.22.2012 , 04:15 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Lisidious View Post

BioWare....perhaps it would help if you informed M0-T0 that they are NOT an actual droid, so behaving like an automated bot is not customer service.

L
Maybe it is just an automated bot?
Some script that scans your ticket for keywords and sends out stock replies, because that's cheaper than actually paying someone to read it.
"Relativity applies to physics, not ethics."~Albert Einstein
╬╬╬╬╬°¯°█|██████████████████████████████)

UltraMav
11.22.2012 , 10:51 AM | #5
Two days since re-submittal and no response either in-game, here in this thread, or via e-mail. BW if MO-TO is in fact a bot designed to respond to common CS issues, please be aware that your program is HINDERING customer service and consider adjusting the program or removing it.

And if MO-TO is a person, fire them.

Rhamnus
11.22.2012 , 02:42 PM | #6
I am currently paying money for no service. I cannot log in or call in to fix it (waited a total of 7 hours now this week and haven't gotten through once). I just got a ticket reply today (4 days later) that tells me to call in (absolutely worthless as far as help goes). Still no help or real communication in sight.

symke
11.23.2012 , 02:17 AM | #7
I got 1000 CCs and I am not spending them on anything for a long time. I just don't trust EA to be capable of delivering something new without major bugs. That said, I am sorry to hear you have lost so much of them. It sucks.
CS here is non-existant. Devs are already working on update 1.6 which clearly states they are ignoring the amount of bugs caused by 1.5 ( and 1.4 to some extent) on purpose. It's corporate tactics in PR, probably. Just keep sending out info on how fast you are developing your game. Actual bugs are known only to players. So you keep "good" public face in front of press, youtube and share holders.

Ruskaeth
11.23.2012 , 03:07 AM | #8
I miss my Launch subscriber coins (250).

After reading endless comments about M0-T0, I became too afraid to write a ticket about it!

I am afraid I'll get the ordinary copy/paste reply and flip, go willy-wonky, brainfart and giggle myself into oblivion.

UltraMav
11.24.2012 , 12:03 AM | #9
Maybe you should specifically ask that MO-TO not concern him/her/itself with your ticket. I'll surely be doing the same from now on. :-P

SithLady
11.24.2012 , 01:04 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by UltraMav View Post
Maybe you should specifically ask that MO-TO not concern him/her/itself with your ticket. I'll surely be doing the same from now on. :-P
Funny story about that. I wrote a ticket in game regarding M0-T0 and his lack of fixing ,y problem or even understanding it. Wanna know what I got? This email:
Quote:
Greetings,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your Star Wars: The Old Republic Account.

In order to better protect your account, all Billing, Subscription and Account Security issues are dealt with via our Customer Service telephone support.

You can contact our Customer Service team using a mobile phone, landline or VoIP (such as Skype, Viber, Google Voice etc.).

Please note that international call charges can be avoided by using a VoIP programme, as most major VoIP programmes offer free calls to US '1800 numbers'. If you have access to a VoIP with this option, our number is +11-855-467-9867.

You can contact us using a mobile phone or landline by clicking on the following link and finding our customer support telephone number for your specific country: http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/5200

Customer support will be provided in English, French, and German only.

You can also avail of our self-help section on the website which contains many articles which can provide you with further information on our most frequently asked questions. For Account and Billing enquiries, you can visit our Help Center here:

http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/1863.

If you have any questions relating to our recently announced Free To Play option, you can view them in our Help Center here:

http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/6449.

Thank you for your patience and understanding, and we apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused. Should you require further assistance with any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Protocol Droid M0-T0,
Star Wars (tm): The Old Republic(tm) Customer Service
and I STILL haven't gotten a response to the ticket I put in on NOV 18th about THIS email. Way to Go EA/BW and ESPECIALLY this M0-T0 droid.
just so u can see what he's been up to, here's a few more threads where he has cluster ****ed tickets for people.

Quote: Originally Posted by SithLady View Post
yep. here's MOAR threads related to his **** ups.
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
these are just the ones I have takent ime to read and notice it's him. I expect 90% or more of the problems here are because of this automoron. I even pu tin a Harrassment ticket about HIM and HE respnded to it saying I needed to cal in about my account information. What a Cluster ****. /EPICFAIL BW/EA
Wrathan / Sorcerer / Bloodlocke / Steel'heart / Thallyia

Quote:
Actually i'm pretty sure that Sunday is the designated "Crash Harbinger Day" for EAware - iSolarPanda