Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is anyone getting actual support?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Is anyone getting actual support?

HelinCarnate
11.21.2012 , 07:17 PM | #11
Open ticket for almost 3 days now. This is the longest I have had to wait for a ticket to be looked at in any game I have ever played. EVER. I open a thread about my issue and get no reply to the effect that it will be fixed. The only reply was saying that they are too busy to give a **** about me at the moment. About to say screw it and find another game to play. It is getting to the point where this game is no longer worth the money. I honestly don't care how busy you are, my issue is still unresolved and that is all I care about.

The reason they are so busy is because they cut the service staff to nothing and then released a half assed F2P system that is totally broken. People are not getting the coins they buy, people resubbing are not getting their rewards, people with security keys are not getting their bonus coins. All of this could have been prevented with a little forsight and more testing. There was no testing done to see if the automatic grants were working correclty and no way to test if buying coins worked. We are now starting 1.6 and there is still no way to transfer a character from live to test.
Dear BW,
Please nerf paper and buff rock. Scissors is fine as is.
Signed, Rock.

Valethar
11.21.2012 , 07:33 PM | #12
I wonder how many of us with paying subscriptions are being made to wait while the freeps get helped with their problems. They should be sending them to the back of the line until they get the paying customers sorted out. This includes phone support.
"Due to the massive loss of subscribers in our flagship title, we decided to cancel Blizzcon this year, because frankly, we don't think there's anyone left who would show up."

arunav
11.21.2012 , 08:32 PM | #13
No, they don't actually help with anything but class missions now. I've never placed a ticket for a class mission, but I seriously doubt you'd actually get your problem resolved in a timely manner, if ever.

EA/BioWare seems to have made a decision to simply steamroll forward despite any problems they introduce into the game, and there isn't any customer service to resolve legitimate player issues.

What you now get for a subscription is worth less than it was before, and they are compensating by giving you some coins to spend to hopefully motivate you to spend even more than your subscription fee.

I've played since January, and this is what is actually making me leave the game. I like SWTOR a lot, but it's just sleazy to run a business this way, even if it is only a video game.

I guess this is part of what Jeff Hickman meant when he wrote some folks left BioWare because they didn't want to work on the F2P version of SWTOR. It's different, and it certainly is cheap.

symke
11.22.2012 , 01:17 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by arunav View Post
EA/BioWare seems to have made a decision to simply steamroll forward despite any problems they introduce into the game, and there isn't any customer service to resolve legitimate player issues.

What you now get for a subscription is worth less than it was before, and they are compensating by giving you some coins to spend to hopefully motivate you to spend even more than your subscription fee.
There is no actual support. Just look at this forum. The only part of it that sees any type of official word is "customer support". All other sub forums are so empty of their involvement like they don't even exist.
I had to repeat my bug report for missing schematics on this subforum before I got someone to notice it. And then I got some ******** response about their people working hard and nothing else.
My ticket about this bug got answered after 5 days with: "thank you for sending your ticket..." Nothing more. And they closed it! Just acknowledging the ticket is enough for them to close it. Of course nothing more will happen after that.
And they actually call that a support!

Rhamnus
11.22.2012 , 02:49 PM | #15
I am currently paying money for no service. I cannot log in or call in to fix it (waited a total of 7 hours now this week and haven't gotten through once). I just got a ticket reply today (4 days later) that tells me to call in (absolutely worthless as far as help goes). Still no help or real communication in sight.

I know that calling into your pathetically busy line is my only option. Stop telling me that. There is a 2 hour wait every time and i still haven't gotten through. You suck CS. There's no way around it.

symke
11.23.2012 , 02:08 AM | #16
Hey, let's give them a break. CS does great job. After all it's just 2 employees working in the entire CS department. They are working flat out. They said so themselves.
Maybe if we all behave really nice and buy as much as possible from Cartel market, they will put third (!) person to work in CS.
Now that would make it a difference, wouldn't it?

Goliatt
11.23.2012 , 02:28 AM | #17
Nothing, I been waiting for 1 week just for an answer on my ticket, seems there's nobody working there

Stansman
11.23.2012 , 02:51 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by symke View Post
Hey, let's give them a break. CS does great job. After all it's just 2 employees working in the entire CS department. They are working flat out. They said so themselves.
Maybe if we all behave really nice and buy as much as possible from Cartel market, they will put third (!) person to work in CS.
Now that would make it a difference, wouldn't it?
Well we could buy from the Cartel market if it was actually working..

Evgen
11.25.2012 , 07:14 PM | #19
I called last night at about 10pm GMT +8
I selected technical support and then speak to an operator and had no wait.
It was actually my in game issue though, so they couldn't help, hopefully escalated the issue.
I actually ran the HM again and nothing changed, the box didn't have the item, I don't think I want the reset the mission, having to get all the HK parts again for the same character? No thanks.
Academy Exemplar - Begeren Colony (formerly Gav Daragon)
Rhyn Lor - 50 Scoundrel Reizz - 50 Guardian (Vyn) A'sara - 50 Sorcerer
The Lor Legacy

Kifusan
11.25.2012 , 07:48 PM | #20
This whole thing is a circle jerk. You call CS and they say they can't help use in-game support, and In-game basically ignores you. It would seem that the CS dept. has been slashed moe than the dev team. So, forced transfers twice, loss of legacy names and character names, and toons spread all over the place. If this keeps up, they will lose whats left of their sub base and have just enough f2p players to pay for their game cancellation party. What a shame the game has such potential, but the mgmt lives in fantasy land!.
Rocky Mountain Jedi