Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Huttball Fire traps

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Huttball Fire traps

OpeningToEndgame's Avatar


OpeningToEndgame
11.20.2012 , 06:57 PM | #1
Are abused way too much. I just died 17 times in one match because I would get pulled by an Assassin and then cc'd. You die so fast that you don't have time to click a button to break out of it and move. I can understand the mechanic is there for a reason, but it needs reworked.

Jmenks's Avatar


Jmenks
11.20.2012 , 07:06 PM | #2
Stop clicking.
Xekshek
Saber of Exar Kun
http://www.twitch.tv/xekshek

Sir_Galapagos's Avatar


Sir_Galapagos
11.20.2012 , 07:09 PM | #3
it would help to read one of the resolve guides and learn to use them to your advantage. what classes do you play?
]█=]]]]]]▒▒▒{█=████████████████████████████████)

Philelectric's Avatar


Philelectric
11.20.2012 , 07:11 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by OpeningToEndgame View Post
Are abused way too much. I just died 17 times in one match because I would get pulled by an Assassin and then cc'd. You die so fast that you don't have time to click a button to break out of it and move. I can understand the mechanic is there for a reason, but it needs reworked.
This may explain why you dont have the time to break the stun. Just keybind ,at least, this skill and it will be a lot better.

Also, if you died 17 times being pulled into the fire in the same Warzone,the problem is absolutly not the mechanic.

Because 17 times= at least 2 assassins were focussing on pulling you to the fire ONLY and having 2 players not focussing on the objective usualy result in a defeat for the team.

Take it the other way, you baited 2 players or more.

You team minus you= 7 players left
The other team minus 2+ players= 6 or less players left

So 7vs6 or less is in favor of your team
Guarding a healer is not only the job the the skill ''guard''. It is also your job to stay around the healer to be a plague for the people attacking the healer.

OpeningToEndgame's Avatar


OpeningToEndgame
11.20.2012 , 07:16 PM | #5
Keybinding has never worked for me. Not used to it.

ForsakenKing's Avatar


ForsakenKing
11.20.2012 , 07:24 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by OpeningToEndgame View Post
Keybinding has never worked for me. Not used to it.
if you move around with your mouse, bind the stun breaker to mouse button 3. if your a keyboard turner or too lazy to get use to keybinding 1 very important button, go cry to someone else because you wont get any sympathy on this forum.

Philelectric's Avatar


Philelectric
11.20.2012 , 07:27 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by OpeningToEndgame View Post
Keybinding has never worked for me. Not used to it.
Then you will never be able to get out of the fire in time.

Clicking is fine for pve but you will never be fully competitive in pvp as a clicker no matter what you say(execpt if you are a sniper). If you say: I can kill anybody its more like you can kill any clicker. Its easy to notice a clicker in pvp, I can maul(assassin's backstab) them to death and I cant do that to a keybinded player.

You could buy a gaming mouse like a razer naga, there is 17 buttons on a razer naga,all on the left side. Maybe you wont be able or comfortable to use all the 17 buttons but it will help you to bind at least 3-4 important skills. There is also some gaming mouse with less buttons and usualy those buttons are bigger so its easier to use them. Also, you can easily use ALT+the gaming mouse button to make it easier (dont say you cant reach ALT,its beside the spacebar)


Just bind the CC breaker to ''E'' or ''R'' it will be alot easier

Finaly, if you keep saying no to the solution we offer wich is probably the only one that could work (keybinding) you should stop pvping or accept your destiny
Guarding a healer is not only the job the the skill ''guard''. It is also your job to stay around the healer to be a plague for the people attacking the healer.

Invictusthetaru's Avatar


Invictusthetaru
11.20.2012 , 07:29 PM | #8
Gibbing people in huttball is one of the only fun things to do on SWtOR now. Don't take that away from people. Did you know that guardians can gib people with force push? You should try it.
Invic- 55 Jugg Tongs-53 Gunslinger
Tongs- 55 Assassin Penné-50 Vanguard
Havesome- 55 Sentinel
iKite- 55 Sorc

OpeningToEndgame's Avatar


OpeningToEndgame
11.20.2012 , 07:32 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Philelectric View Post
Then you will never be able to get out of the fire in time.

Clicking is fine for pve but you will never be fully competitive in pvp as a clicker no matter what you say(execpt if you are a sniper). If you say: I can kill anybody its more like you can kill any clicker. Its easy to notice a clicker in pvp, I can maul(assassin's backstab) them to death and I cant do that to a keybinded player.

You could buy a gaming mouse like a razer naga, there is 17 buttons on a razer naga,all on the left side. Maybe you wont be able or comfortable to use all the 17 buttons but it will help you to bind at least 3-4 important skills. There is also some gaming mouse with less buttons and usualy those buttons are bigger so its easier to use them. Also, you can easily use ALT+the gaming mouse button to make it easier (dont say you cant reach ALT,its beside the spacebar)


Just bind the CC breaker to ''E'' or ''R'' it will be alot easier

Finaly, if you keep saying no to the solution we offer wich is probably the only one that could work (keybinding) you should stop pvping or accept your destiny


Thanks for not being an ***hat. I am not too lazy. I have just NEVER keybinded before. I actually do surpisingly well in PvP as a Sorc. I will look into that mouse when I build my new computer. Thanks for the tip.

ForsakenKing's Avatar


ForsakenKing
11.20.2012 , 07:32 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Philelectric View Post
(execpt if you are a sniper).
Either you have never played a sniper or you just horrible at it. I feel like im playing the piano on my keyboard while im on my GS.