Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New PvP Gear on 1.6 Test Server?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
New PvP Gear on 1.6 Test Server?

Groncho
11.20.2012 , 04:02 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Piam View Post
I have three characters with min-max WH, and another one that is halfway there to being min-max...

And still, I have to say, stop whining. Everyone loses when they look at gear as a grind. I have fun playing and obtaining the gear even knowing that it will be outdated in the future. That's just how MMOs work or no new player would ever catch up.
well , i respect that u enjoy beeing a hamster on wheel
i don't
Ch
LATIN LOVER

Rynis
11.20.2012 , 04:06 PM | #22
So what i heard is that BM gear has been removed entirely...can anyone confirm?

IMO this is a great change, and the gear gap will be much smaller now.

BM and WH had quite a gap, but WH and EWH seem to be just a few points here and there.

Another thought...this might help with ranked queues? I know quite a few people who were in half WH and wouldn't queue for ranked because of the gear. Now with most people getting full war hero in week, can we expect to see more teams competing in ranked?

jgoldsack
11.20.2012 , 04:07 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Rynis View Post

BM and WH had quite a gap, but WH and EWH seem to be just a few points here and there.

Another thought...this might help with ranked queus? I know quite a few people who were in half WH and wouldn't queue for ranked because of the gear. Now with most people getting full war hero in week, can we expect to see more teams competing in ranked?
I am betting Recruit MK-3 is the old BM gear.
On the Internet, you can be anything you want. It is strange so many people choose to be stupid.

Piam
11.20.2012 , 04:07 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Groncho View Post
i don't
Some reading comprehension might help.

Crawelc
11.20.2012 , 04:08 PM | #25
Groncho bro, its a comm burn and nothing else, for knights the mod we need only comes in the LEGS, and the giant gain you get is +1str,+2end,+0expt,+1power. multiply that by 9 pieces and you get 9,18,0,9. this is simply something to spend your comms on. Battlemaster vendor is gone and war hero is the new BM. It really doesnt affect those of us who are min/maxed. Just some stuff to buy, its not gonna break the game to get it and the gear gap QQers will maybe have one less thing to cry about.
Imprimis <Fight><Redemption><Conquest>
All Imprimis All the time.

deanth
11.20.2012 , 04:10 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by jgoldsack View Post
I am betting Recruit MK-3 is the old BM gear.
No MK-3, still MK-2

BM is gone

Piam
11.20.2012 , 04:12 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Rynis View Post

Another thought...this might help with ranked queues? I know quite a few people who were in half WH and wouldn't queue for ranked because of the gear. Now with most people getting full war hero in week, can we expect to see more teams competing in ranked?
Yeah exactly, WH -> EWH is like 3 stat points per mod. It's a good time for the people behind the curve to catch up.

Anyone have screenshots of the vendor lists?

TalkingDinosaur
11.20.2012 , 04:16 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by stephenalandavie View Post
Well spank me side ways, Yes it is but get this, Basically the war hero gear now costs the same as BM did and the new EWH costs what war hero did
If they didn't do this recruits going will be slaughtered.
TALKINGDINOSAUR
Squadron
11-11-11

Groncho
11.20.2012 , 04:22 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Crawelc View Post
Groncho bro, its a comm burn and nothing else, for knights the mod we need only comes in the LEGS, and the giant gain you get is +1str,+2end,+0expt,+1power. multiply that by 9 pieces and you get 9,18,0,9. this is simply something to spend your comms on. Battlemaster vendor is gone and war hero is the new BM. It really doesnt affect those of us who are min/maxed. Just some stuff to buy, its not gonna break the game to get it and the gear gap QQers will maybe have one less thing to cry about.
u need the armorings 2
basically all the classes need 4 gloves + 4-5 legs
i agree that the gap is minimal
Is good that BM is gone and War hero ie easier to get
I still dont like the way they put this
Ppl should be able to buy the piece they want and use the armoring in any slot
Ch
LATIN LOVER

DarthOvertone
11.20.2012 , 04:29 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Groncho View Post
i don't
Brother...it's the MMO way for the most part. You should know this.
War Hero Alphabolt - Garbage S1 & S2-Champion Van | The Bastion
Conqueror Alphazen - Shadow | Battlemaster Alphabain - Scoundrel | War Hero Alphanoob - PT
Jung Ma | Conqueror Alphabond - Sniper | Conqueror Alphamaul - Marauder | Champion Alphafett - Mercenary
I See Your Schwartz Is As Big As Mine!