Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

could r2 become force sensitive

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
could r2 become force sensitive

Beniboybling
11.21.2012 , 08:17 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Skippy the Jedi Droid is a non-canonical story. So no, R2 could not become Force-sensitive.
And a good thing too, this is why the post-Roth is in dire need of revision

Eillack
11.21.2012 , 08:21 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by steaktrooper View Post
For the love of.....

Ok. Droids are mechanical. The Force is only in organic things. So no, there is no way.
Maybe the OP ate some shrooms?
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

mefit
11.21.2012 , 09:06 AM | #13
I hear R2 is the most skilled Jedi Droid at being a rolling Trash Can !
/Debat

Oh wait , I forgot some SW Fans live in this world ..............my bad,
Darth Mefit
Sith Marauder
Chiss
Shadowlands Server

saremun
11.21.2012 , 11:45 AM | #14
a force sensitive droid would be the death of the great saga/starwars, i like/love star wars because its a science fiction yet you feel there is some logic on all of it, that made/makes it different than any other saga, so making a droid force sensitive is.... just pushing it to much, i can try to understand that a force sensitive can be so powerful that he/she can move an asteroid from its orbit as in force unleashed(which was the worst thing ever) but a force sensitive droid is something that my mind cant process!

Beniboybling
11.21.2012 , 11:50 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by saremun View Post
a force sensitive droid would be the death of the great saga/starwars, i like/love star wars because its a science fiction yet you feel there is some logic on all of it, that made/makes it different than any other saga, so making a droid force sensitive is.... just pushing it to much, i can try to understand that a force sensitive can be so powerful that he/she can move an asteroid from its orbit as in force unleashed(which was the worst thing ever) but a force sensitive droid is something that my mind cant process!
^^This

I hope this was never canon. Although I must admit, upon reading its Wookieepedia page I was touched by the story of a brave little droid who sacrificed himself for the good of the galaxy.

evilknick
11.21.2012 , 03:09 PM | #16
Not on George Lucas's watch. The idea of the theme of droids being detached from nature completely is too strong a theme of his to see him discard that. They represent the distance between humanity and nature that technology creates, so of course they would be cut off from the living universal force in his world of icons and archetypes.

Gronkdamage
11.21.2012 , 03:19 PM | #17
Considering he said Vader was losing his touch with the Force because he was 'more machine than man' - so guess this whole thread has turned silly.
I had a signature. It was right - but now it's just a kick in the booty, so there's no need.

Wolfninjajedi
11.21.2012 , 03:21 PM | #18
Edit: Thats it, thread time...
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Xatasha
11.21.2012 , 03:24 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by maxetius View Post
No midichlorians, nuff said. People hate the yuuzhan vong for their 'contrived' force invisibility, but they were an extra galactic threat. So no midichlorians.
Just a question for everyone. What makes you think you need Midichlorians in your body to use the force? Why not just use the Midichlorians in other peoples bodies. Lets point out the flawed logic here with an example

In order to come up with a cure for cancer, you must be a cancer victim.

Beniboybling
11.21.2012 , 04:05 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Xatasha View Post
Just a question for everyone. What makes you think you need Midichlorians in your body to use the force? Why not just use the Midichlorians in other peoples bodies. Lets point out the flawed logic here with an example

In order to come up with a cure for cancer, you must be a cancer victim.
Your example itself is flawed, in the way that it does not apply. A better example would be this:

Why learn/study in order to become more intelligent? Why not just use other peoples intelligence instead?

You can't 'feed' of other peoples intelligence and make it your own. In the same way you can't 'feed' off other people's midichlorians. Its inside their body, not yours, and therefore is not part of you - you therefore cannot use it. Much like organs, midichlorians are specific to the person, and if inserted into some else body or somehow tapped into, they would be rejected.