Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

When will Flashpoint loot drops be readjusted?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
When will Flashpoint loot drops be readjusted?

KurtDunn's Avatar


KurtDunn
11.20.2012 , 02:34 PM | #1
The loot that drops out of flashpoints and hardmodes, although much more appropriate now than when the game first launched, is woefully low.

With the current level of gear, I think it would be much more appropriate for someone to be able to get their full set of Rakata armor (not weapon or offhand though) from Hardmode Flashpoints alone.

Particularly with how difficult Lost Island is. I would much rather do a hardmode EV or KP for one week than ever go to Lost Island in full Columi.

Gear progression outside of operations is stagnant and in no way able to prepare someone to participate in the harder raiding content.

Note: I say this as someone who weekly clears all the way up to Hardmode TFB on a weekly basis. We seem to be making great progress in NiM EC too.

DakotaDoc's Avatar


DakotaDoc
11.20.2012 , 02:51 PM | #2
I agree, unless you happen to be a part of a large Raiding Guild. You will not be able to gear up. Large Guild Raid primarily with Guld members. You may get lucky and get a spot when they need to fill a hole. I have, but it is rare. You are disadvantaged as a small Guild. I would bet that Less then 25% of Subs are in large guilds. So that means 75% of your member base are frustrated with how to progress past Columi and normal HM FP's.

Maybe the developers don't see that, but it is.. That frustration leads to loss of subs.

I have managed full Black Hole on two of my 50's only by grinding out BH coins. (aside from main hand and off hand that is only an OPS drop). Large guilds are getting these in Campaign drops. Far easier.

<flame suit on>

Chaqen's Avatar


Chaqen
11.20.2012 , 03:11 PM | #3
If someone was serious about gearing up for raid content as a new player, i would advise them to farm credits as much as possible and buy stabilizers in bulk and get 61's crafted while farming BH comms. Honestly i have sold a stack of 10 stabilizers as cheap as 1.3 million (can be easily farmed in a single day), that would net them a little over a bh piece a day and they wouldnt have to worry about wasted parts.

I would like to see them add maybe a nightmare setting to flashpoints that is set around the gear level of columi/rakata compared to quest greens and have that maybe drop rakata... will it happen no...

Opii's Avatar


Opii
11.20.2012 , 04:17 PM | #4
I had this same thought, about Rakata dropping in HM Flashpoints. I think it's a good idea, but another question that arises is, What about the operations? What incentive would there be for people to Run HM EV/HM KP. Same for SM Denova and every other operation difficulty that drops Rakata gear. So i think they'd have to re-itemize bosses. Hell, or not. I'd love all my companions to be wearing Rakata gear since it'd drop so much. I just don't think it's as simple as changing flashpoint loot to drop Rakata. But on that note, i'd still love to see it happen in some form.

This would also be a better platform for people to enter higher end raids, allowing people to get more involved in content!

Karasuko's Avatar


Karasuko
11.20.2012 , 04:24 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by KurtDunn View Post
The loot that drops out of flashpoints and hardmodes, although much more appropriate now than when the game first launched, is woefully low.

With the current level of gear, I think it would be much more appropriate for someone to be able to get their full set of Rakata armor (not weapon or offhand though) from Hardmode Flashpoints alone.

Particularly with how difficult Lost Island is. I would much rather do a hardmode EV or KP for one week than ever go to Lost Island in full Columi.

Gear progression outside of operations is stagnant and in no way able to prepare someone to participate in the harder raiding content.

Note: I say this as someone who weekly clears all the way up to Hardmode TFB on a weekly basis. We seem to be making great progress in NiM EC too.
Can we stop with these threads? You ahve access to
-2 relics
-2 implants
-1 earpiece
- 1chest
And thats all without setting foot in a single HM Op.

Not only that you also get BH comms for not setting foot in an Operatiojn which provides you with everything bar a MH weapon.

You can get a comparable to Campaign weapon from PVP.

Just stop with the "i want faceroll dungeons for rakata +" you already have it. Gear progression in this game is fine, Maybe a few more T2 Fp's could help I'll agree there. But witht he difficulty of HM EV/KP getting rakata geared is really not an issue.It requires that thign called time to get geared and theres nothing wrong with that.

KurtDunn's Avatar


KurtDunn
11.20.2012 , 11:50 PM | #6
Its more just the difficulty that Lost Island hardmode seems to be scaled to.

I would not want to attempt Lost Island hardmode with people in still mostly Columi. Loot progression should allow people to gear up for a hardmode flashpoint by using other hardmode flastpoint loot drops.

Larry_Dallas's Avatar


Larry_Dallas
11.21.2012 , 12:34 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by KurtDunn View Post
The loot that drops out of flashpoints and hardmodes, although much more appropriate now than when the game first launched, is woefully low.

With the current level of gear, I think it would be much more appropriate for someone to be able to get their full set of Rakata armor (not weapon or offhand though) from Hardmode Flashpoints alone.

Particularly with how difficult Lost Island is. I would much rather do a hardmode EV or KP for one week than ever go to Lost Island in full Columi.

Gear progression outside of operations is stagnant and in no way able to prepare someone to participate in the harder raiding content.

Note: I say this as someone who weekly clears all the way up to Hardmode TFB on a weekly basis. We seem to be making great progress in NiM EC too.
While I agree that Gear progression outside operations is stagnant, these flashpoints aren't really tuned to need anything near the drops that you get out of them and too many things drop Rakata to begin with (6 OPs drop Rakata now). Honestly, if these were to drop Rakata, Bioware may as well remove 56 mod gear from the game.

I think a better answer would be to add more tier 2 FPs and allow THOSE to drop Rakata.

Larry_Dallas's Avatar


Larry_Dallas
11.21.2012 , 12:37 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by KurtDunn View Post
Its more just the difficulty that Lost Island hardmode seems to be scaled to.

I would not want to attempt Lost Island hardmode with people in still mostly Columi. Loot progression should allow people to gear up for a hardmode flashpoint by using other hardmode flastpoint loot drops.
Done Lost Island recently? 3 months ago I would have agreed completely. But something's been changed in that operation between then and now (don't know if it's the soft enrage timers, or if there's more time to move or what, but it's different). It's easily puggable in columi at this point...long as the tank knows what to do.

Ephesia's Avatar


Ephesia
11.21.2012 , 04:11 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaqen View Post
If someone was serious about gearing up for raid content as a new player, i would advise them to farm credits as much as possible and buy stabilizers in bulk and get 61's crafted while farming BH comms. Honestly i have sold a stack of 10 stabilizers as cheap as 1.3 million (can be easily farmed in a single day), that would net them a little over a bh piece a day and they wouldnt have to worry about wasted parts.

I would like to see them add maybe a nightmare setting to flashpoints that is set around the gear level of columi/rakata compared to quest greens and have that maybe drop rakata... will it happen no...
you might be able to farm 1.3M in a single day, but that doesn't mean everyone can, especially if it entails GTN playing or rolling that FOTM Crew Skill and farming mats with it. Dailies in the game when done everyday give about 400k a day - and they do take substantial amount of time, especially with SX.
Ephesia, Level 55 Jedi Guardian
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Member of Catalyst

Ephesia's Avatar


Ephesia
11.21.2012 , 04:13 AM | #10
Not to mention, you don't have to buy stabilizers. Most proper guilds will either give its players stabilizers or charge them a reduced price than the GTN to help the guild bank and the player. AND, Full 61 is easily obtainable by BH Comms alone now. Don't forget that Space Missions when done regularly will also reward player with stabilizers every so often.
Ephesia, Level 55 Jedi Guardian
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Member of Catalyst