Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Warrior smash spec

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Warrior smash spec

Neglience
11.25.2012 , 02:17 AM | #61
got a juggernaut and a sentinel, i hope smash gets nerfed soon. it just sucks if youre forced into one spec because its just OP.

filipesantana
11.25.2012 , 03:38 AM | #62
i play a jugg and i HOPE BW completely removes this spec from the game(or nerf it to the ground)

i refuse to play a 3 button " no skill required" spec (and vengence doesnt perform that badly either anyway)

its boring and unskilled.

my solution: NErf the base damage of smash by ALOT...and BUFF the force scream damage by alot. This way Smash spec would become mroe balanced and vengence more viable.

Sirokai
11.25.2012 , 03:52 AM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec-Trentini View Post
I'm always surprised about all this complaining. Every class has a counter one. Sentinels/Marauders and Gunslingers/Snipers deal the most damage because their class is meant to do that. I think people need to learn how to roll play. If one chooses to be a tank they can't pretend to deal much damage but they will have high resistance and CC. In the Knight/Warrior class Focus/Rage spec case it's a matter of choice, once again. We get the super Smash and basically that's it! It's not that Force Scream or Crush deal tons of damage. And as far as melee classes go, realistically speaking, two lightsabers up the *** would hurt a lot don't you think?
This is what PVPers have been doing wrong all along. PvPing instead of RPing. Glad we go that cleared up.
Sith Sorcerer (Pandemonium) - Female, Sith Pureblood; Imperial Agent (Sidelined) - Male, Chiss; Jedi Knight (Lamuh) - Male, Sith Pureblood; Trooper (Khaligto) - Female, Mirialin

NoTomorrow
11.25.2012 , 04:12 AM | #64
Here is my solution to balancing rage spec: nerf asassins. Less poweful stealthers will allow for more snipers which can easily destroy rage spec classes. MM talented right can whipe the floor with lolsmashers. It can reach up to 90% damage reduction against smash (60% entrench + 30% ballistic dampers). They have a plethora of tools to deal with them.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

BobaStyx
11.25.2012 , 04:19 AM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
Here is my solution to balancing rage spec: nerf asassins. Less poweful stealthers will allow for more snipers which destroy rage spec classes.
Operatives are a bigger pain than Sins on my sniper tbh. You know what else destroys rage/sweep? Tanks/anybody with a taunt that has a brain and knows how to use it. That's a whole other topic though

But as long as people cry about Warriors, it leaves me alone to sit in the corner with my bunker and pop somebody with 4k snipes/ 5k follow-throughs/ 6k ambushes. My burst is higher on my sniper than my fully min/maxed Marauder but hey, I'll take it because I do love my BOOM HEADSHOTS!!!

NoTomorrow
11.25.2012 , 04:27 AM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by BobaStyx View Post
Operatives are a bigger pain than Sins on my sniper tbh. You know what else destroys rage/sweep? Tanks/anybody with a taunt that has a brain and knows how to use it. That's a whole other topic though

But as long as people cry about Warriors, it leaves me alone to sit in the corner with my bunker and pop somebody with 4k snipes/ 5k follow-throughs/ 6k ambushes. My burst is higher on my sniper than my fully min/maxed Marauder but hey, I'll take it because I do love my BOOM HEADSHOTS!!!
Ill tell you what is the secret with concealment: they only seem effectve when the rest of their team is incredibly good. They can capitalize only when the rest of your team is busy with their team mates.

Op healers are another story however. This class is incredibly easy to survive with in pvp. No cooldown for 30% free surgical probes is plain broken.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

Swanea
11.25.2012 , 04:47 AM | #67
As an operative, I can easily beat snipers/gunslingers. The rest destroy me quite quickly.

I think they need to buff that class and nerf ops
Swanea Stormrider

WAR - WoW - LotRO - SWG
Internecion - Apex - FotR - EE/BoT/SWoT

PoliteAssasin
11.25.2012 , 05:24 AM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by filipesantana View Post
i play a jugg and i HOPE BW completely removes this spec from the game(or nerf it to the ground)

i refuse to play a 3 button " no skill required" spec (and vengence doesnt perform that badly either anyway)

my solution: NErf the base damage of smash by ALOT...and BUFF the force scream damage by alot. This way Smash spec would become mroe balanced and vengence more viable.
Why would a nerf to rage help vengeance? They already nerfed vengeance too much for it to be viable. Rage didn't even get a damage boost, so idk why all of these people are whining about it as if its such a big deal. If its so boring, then don't play it. Simple as that.
D E M A V E N D O B E R Y N

mrekxxx
11.25.2012 , 06:18 AM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by filipesantana View Post

I played also vengeance and thats same no skill required ... the whole game is easy, why you complain? try pyrotech, its much easier than rage jugg, or dps sorcerer, insta lforce lightning, every class is easy ...

what is hard is to have good results, how many smashers did over milion dmg or 1200 damage per second?

good sniper never loose against smasher 1vs 1, same assasin and operative ...

what is problem in game imao is stunlocks and grenades thats all ... and if they decrease smash dmg and increase some other warriors abilities, it could improve skill required, i agree ...

Givemedanger
11.25.2012 , 08:48 AM | #70
Remove autocrit. But don't buff anything else! No more power/surge stacking.

Balance is restored.