Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Warrior smash spec

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Warrior smash spec

Ramtar
11.20.2012 , 06:33 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by QuietGoneJinn View Post
Ways to avoid Smash:

1. Casually walk out of radius. Seriously, it's that easy.
2. Don't fight in a cluster
3. Use your Knockback
4. Get knocked back by Smasher's teammate
5. Absorb
6. Resist
7. Stun
8. Pull

Also keep in mind, Rage speced get SMASHED too. They're givers and receivers.

/THREAD
9. Guard
10. Taunt

Yes they do, but I have been hit by 3-4k Smashes and returned 5k Sweeps.

Invictusthetaru
11.20.2012 , 06:35 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
What idiots Smash Juggs are you running into? Who would give up armor penetration, increase to force crit damage, and one of the abilities to build shockwave in order to go into vengeance? You would give up probably 1-2k damage per smash for this at least.
um, lol. They hybrid is actually quite effective, but very situational.

First, you don't give up the armor pen, the increased force damage at all.

You only give up shockwave and you get unremitting. This means that you can jump to someone w/ enrage up, they have to eat a full master strike unless sprint breaks root, then you follow w/ a smash choke smash.

You need to be more careful with your burst but it is still an extremely viable spec, especially w/ bubble stun sorcs running rampant.
Invic- 55 Jugg Tongs-53 Gunslinger
Tongs- 55 Assassin Penné-50 Vanguard
Havesome- 55 Sentinel
iKite- 55 Sorc

DarthRaika
11.20.2012 , 07:05 PM | #33
I see smash specs a problem as fotm but if only a couple then they are not a problem. The reason they are so fotm is how easy they are to play. I wish they could be made more difficult somehow lol. My jug and my sent are BY FAR the easiest to play of my 8 classes.

If there is only 1 or 2 then they are dangerous but also pretty easy to kill when their cds are down and you can stun them during their cds. However when there are 4 of them in a wz they are very annoying and they make the wz pretty boring. They also ruin gameplay for other melee dmg dealers since if there are 4 of them then its kind of hard to be melee range of anyone without risking a smash even if you are very aware of your surroundings.

The shorter time between smashes just made the spec so forgiving. Also, I don't think instant smash was ever needed since this was also part of the skill of the class and was largely why you didn't see nearly as many smashers since most weren't good enough to conistently land their smashes on multiple people most of the time.

MiaRB
11.20.2012 , 08:07 PM | #34
the only problem with smash is its an AOE. remove the AOE and make it a single target attack and that will fix all. ill never understand how every single MMO always feels the need to make one class with a massive damage AOE attack. no AOE attack should ever come close to being the highest damaging attack in a game.

anyway, 1v1 its not a problem.
can't wait for this game to come out!

Mhorlok
11.20.2012 , 08:12 PM | #35
1312 Expertise and got hit for 7100 by a smash.. .yeah I have the SS to prove it

Thats AE...

Yeah it's not overpowered...

QuietGoneJinn
11.20.2012 , 10:08 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by MiaRB View Post
the only problem with smash is its an AOE. remove the AOE and make it a single target attack and that will fix all. ill never understand how every single MMO always feels the need to make one class with a massive damage AOE attack. no AOE attack should ever come close to being the highest damaging attack in a game.
That would literally make Warriors the most worthless class in objective based PvPs. There's already an entire plethora of our moves that won't work if we don't have a 100% clear shot of someone capping a node. Smash allows us to prevent capture without phycsically touching them.

Otherwise the only way we can stop a capture in games like Alderaan is to move into position (Which costs precious time during a cap, and with all the stuns/roots/slows could be far too late), or walk up and physically touch them -again- costs precious time.

Paralyzing Scream doesn't even stop a cap in progress. If I had a nickel for every time I was being slowed/rooted and hit Paralyzing Scream only to have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HAPPEN (Not even a resolve issue), I'd be rich! It's like capping a node in Alderaan makes you immune to paralyzing scream (Or it's lag?).

tl;dr: Warriors already have the worst range and stealth (It's not even stealth, as you can still be targeted/attacked) in the game, so don't give them the worst AoE too.

TalkingDinosaur
11.20.2012 , 10:13 PM | #37
Gentlemen please! Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Still need those maras and sents to be nerfed before we can go on about this smash business.
TALKINGDINOSAUR
Squadron
11-11-11

Darth_Dreselus
11.20.2012 , 10:50 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by MiaRB View Post

anyway, 1v1 its not a problem.
Juggs need that for tanking.
The Last Centurions Derpyn - Sage / Toughen - Vanguard / Bluffin - Scoundrel / Roughen - Sentinel
Filthy-rich - Juggernaut / Timberwulf - Sniper / Ironwill - Mercenary / Ahuizotl - Assassin

BiS Relics for Healers PvE/PvP

Zeaza
11.21.2012 , 12:07 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by LastWizard View Post
The smash spec for warriors has taken over(at least on my server) and quite frankly I'm tired of this spec. No matter how I change my gear, kite, and use my force shroud,(assassin main) I'm still getting hit for 6-7k damage. Giving automatic AoE criticals isn't at all fair for other classes. I'm in full war hero gear and another player in bm/recruit hit me for 5k. If I don't have force shroud up, and the other player is half way decent, I'm most likely going to die, in a straight up fight it is very difficult for an assassin to beat a warrior. I just think the critical damage should be lowered. Hitting people for 1/3 of their health im one shot is ridiculous. I hate complaining but in wz's warriors/knights are really the only thing that slows me down. Anybody else think it's balanced? Or am I just lacking a lot of skill here?
If you cant beat a warrior with an asassins its you who needs to learn to play

I have both warlords shadow and knight ..

SajPl
11.21.2012 , 03:22 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by QuietGoneJinn View Post
Ways to avoid Smash:

1. Casually walk out of radius. Seriously, it's that easy.
2. Don't fight in a cluster
3. Use your Knockback
4. Get knocked back by Smasher's teammate
5. Absorb
6. Resist
7. Stun
8. Pull

Also keep in mind, Rage speced get SMASHED too. They're givers and receivers.

/THREAD
1. No walking away is not easy since smash is instant now.
2. Not doable when fighting for a node in alderaan or defending doors in voidstars, moving on the narrow walkways in huttball etc.
3.Smash is instand kb does not work. End.
4.No bubble absorbs 7k.
5.Shroud (assasin) exclusive.
6.Same as knockback.
7. Same as point 6.