Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Warrior smash spec

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Warrior smash spec

LastWizard
11.20.2012 , 12:42 PM | #1
The smash spec for warriors has taken over(at least on my server) and quite frankly I'm tired of this spec. No matter how I change my gear, kite, and use my force shroud,(assassin main) I'm still getting hit for 6-7k damage. Giving automatic AoE criticals isn't at all fair for other classes. I'm in full war hero gear and another player in bm/recruit hit me for 5k. If I don't have force shroud up, and the other player is half way decent, I'm most likely going to die, in a straight up fight it is very difficult for an assassin to beat a warrior. I just think the critical damage should be lowered. Hitting people for 1/3 of their health im one shot is ridiculous. I hate complaining but in wz's warriors/knights are really the only thing that slows me down. Anybody else think it's balanced? Or am I just lacking a lot of skill here?

ScampiV
11.20.2012 , 12:45 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by LastWizard View Post
I hate complaining but in wz's warriors/knights are really the only thing that slows me down. Anybody else think it's balanced? Or am I just lacking a lot of skill here?
Just an observation, but as you state, they are the only thing that slows YOU down...One out of all the classes you struggle with....Would that mean that your character is slightly over the top also?

Jadescythe
11.20.2012 , 12:46 PM | #3
What does and AOE, autocrit ability have to do with a 1v1 exactly? The point you began making and the point you ended at are not the same. Whatever your feelings on the AOE aspect of smash, it has no bearing on a 1v1 fight, and it isn't the only ability capable of regularly hitting 5k on one target. And the fact that those who min/max are stacking power with no crit makes taking them 1v1 as a sin even easier since they are hitting you with a wet noodle for 10-12 seconds until smash works again. Not to mention you yourself mentioned one of the few abilities to truly counter this move.
I have opinions and stuff

Memo-
11.20.2012 , 12:52 PM | #4
I hit Assassins for over 5k quite rarely, regardless of their spec. Every other class/spec (except the ones with a boost to AoE-defenses) can be hit for more much more easily (even Juggernauts and Bounty Hunters, if they have no defensive CD's up). I would sum up that there's something wrong with you gear/spec/playstyle.

And the best counter for Smashers, after Snipers are, surprise surprise, Assassins.
Delarah | Stilva | Ethawn | Luccia<Lice-Ridden Banthas>Tenori | Weimar | Baritoni | Altto
Maliris | Faris | Jauhe | Sopraano<Reilukerho>Všli | Rai'chu | Bas'so | Sakků
   The Lihavuori LegacyTomb of Freedon Nadd

LastWizard
11.20.2012 , 12:54 PM | #5
Well, in a 1v1 they still are trouble. With force crush/force exhaustion I'm slowed, if I try to know him away, he will use leap/obliterate then smash. If deflection helped reduce force damage, I wouldn't complain, but it doesn't. In a 1v1, they still hit for a massive amount, not to mention juggs get extra health and matauders have superior defensive cooldowns. 1v1 edge still goes to a warrior in this regard.

Jadescythe
11.20.2012 , 12:59 PM | #6
Well, in a 1v1 they still are trouble. With force crush/force exhaustion I'm slowed, if I try to know him away, he will use leap/obliterate then smash. If deflection helped reduce force damage, I wouldn't complain, but it doesn't. In a 1v1, they still hit for a massive amount, not to mention juggs get extra health and matauders have superior defensive cooldowns. 1v1 edge still goes to a warrior in this regard.
Juggs do not get more health in Rage spec, they are far squishier than most as they forfeit extra DCDs in the tanking tree and more endurance on gear. Honestly, sins are a counter to mara and jugg. They are one of the best 1v1 classes in the game and you have plenty of tools (insert CC here) to beat either Rage class (which are the worst 1v1 specs for both ACs).

I could ask the question of why you are trying to kite on a sin? I don't have experience with this particular class, but as a majority of your abilities are within melee range, it seems silly to gain distance.
I have opinions and stuff

stephenalandavie
11.20.2012 , 01:16 PM | #7
Hang on your an assassin and you lose to a warrior in smash spec who is half recruit/bm?

That isn't overpowered that is just your a bad player.

I can take them down no matter my spec the only time they can take me is with low health Or i am focused by several.
1 v 1 the smash spec is overrated its a one hit wonder and if you play well you can avoid that one hit.

L-RANDLE
11.20.2012 , 01:38 PM | #8
The smash spec for warriors has taken over(at least on my server) and quite frankly I'm tired of this spec. No matter how I change my gear, kite, and use my force shroud,(assassin main) I'm still getting hit for 6-7k damage. Giving automatic AoE criticals isn't at all fair for other classes. I'm in full war hero gear and another player in bm/recruit hit me for 5k. If I don't have force shroud up, and the other player is half way decent, I'm most likely going to die, in a straight up fight it is very difficult for an assassin to beat a warrior. I just think the critical damage should be lowered. Hitting people for 1/3 of their health im one shot is ridiculous. I hate complaining but in wz's warriors/knights are really the only thing that slows me down. Anybody else think it's balanced? Or am I just lacking a lot of skill here?
1. Smash/Sweep Spec has relatively nothing to to with the auto-crit talent (if you want to know why, I'll tell).
2. Warriors/Knights shouldn't be using the second leap for the proc.
3. It's about as balanced as tanksins/shad in DPS gear.

Not saying it is "good", but learn the spec more before you post a nerf thread in disguise..
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

LastWizard
11.20.2012 , 01:52 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by stephenalandavie View Post
Hang on your an assassin and you lose to a warrior in smash spec who is half recruit/bm?

That isn't overpowered that is just your a bad player.

I can take them down no matter my spec the only time they can take me is with low health Or i am focused by several.
1 v 1 the smash spec is overrated its a one hit wonder and if you play well you can avoid that one hit.
Never said I lost...at least I hope not. I just think damage should be reduced. I think the spec gives below average players higher chances of getting kills. When it comes to skill very few assassins on my server are better. The spec is OP, I haven't seen a warrior use carnage, anni, or vengeance in the longest time. I wonder why that is? And if an assassin doesn't have force shroud up, like I said, and the warrior is halfway decent, warrior gets the edge.

LastWizard
11.20.2012 , 01:53 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
Juggs do not get more health in Rage spec, they are far squishier than most as they forfeit extra DCDs in the tanking tree and more endurance on gear. Honestly, sins are a counter to mara and jugg. They are one of the best 1v1 classes in the game and you have plenty of tools (insert CC here) to beat either Rage class (which are the worst 1v1 specs for both ACs).

I could ask the question of why you are trying to kite on a sin? I don't have experience with this particular class, but as a majority of your abilities are within melee range, it seems silly to gain distance.
Endure pain?